GDT - Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t quite buy that Stafford is a physical wreck. Aches, pains, bumps and bruises? sure. But if McVay knows that he can’t physically perform, dropping back with 4 WR wide, why would he put Stafford into a sure lose situation? This “source” doesn’t know anything more than McVay. Would.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I don’t quite buy that Stafford is a physical wreck. Aches, pains, bumps and bruises? sure. But if McVay knows that he can’t physically perform, dropping back with 4 WR wide, why would he put Stafford into a sure lose situation? This “source” doesn’t know anything more than McVay. Would.
The report could be completely overblown but in any event we knew what we were getting with Stafford: a tough SOB who has a history of playing injured...a lot. All we can do is wait and see. McVay (and coaches in general) aren't always forth coming about lingering injuries - see Todd Gurley.

Fidelis

Semper Fi
Name
Fidelis
Just heard that Aaron Jones is Active today. Need to shut the run Down and get a ton of pressure on Rodgers making him uncomfortable out there. We need at least 25-30 run plays today as well

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The report could be completely overblown but in any event we knew what we were getting with Stafford: a tough SOB who has a history of playing injured...a lot. All we can do is wait and see. McVay (and coaches in general) aren't always forth coming about lingering injuries - see Todd Gurley.
But that was for a competitive advantage with Gurley. why let the other side know if your best player, can’t play? You don’t have a guy who you know he can’t perform throwing the ball accurately because of injury, when play action could be performed instead of dropping back and chucking the ball…Or at least it doesn’t make sense to me…

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Vamonos Los Ramos!!!!!! Last game in Cali for us!

RamWoodie

Legend
Maybe the first time I've logged in since the SF no-show game!

It's time for the Rams to show up and show out. Not that GB isn't legit...but the Rams have entered the portion of their schedule where you CANNOT afford to not be ready to play.

GO DO IT!!!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
But of course 3 guys that were not expected to play for GB are active and ready to go against us. Some people may be on the thought that, great give me your best shot. Me, I'll take all the inactives I can get to get the W, especially against that douchebag Rodgers.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1464966284672704517?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1464966284672704517%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Sure appears the Rams paid far too much for a worn-out broken-down QB who throws INTs early & often.

I was totally wrong in my thoughts & opinions on this early trade by McVay. The Lions normally end up making the wrong moves ...their future looks very bright. :crying:

Slow your roll… This guy’s source might be the water boy. Let’s see what Stafford does today before writing him off…

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
Injuries - especially elbow and back - can definitely affect the accuracy and zip on the ball. I still wonder about the play calling - I get we wanted to open up the playbook and move on from some of the pre-snap movement, roll outs, and play-action that were necessitated by some of Goff's limitations, but I don't get just mostly abandoning all the things that worked well. A healthy Stafford is a good qb, but not the elite qb who can just eviscerate the defense out of the shotgun all game. Few qbs can pull that off. And of course with no running game, it's hard to do things like play action. Add some wr injuries and new guys trying to learn on the fly, and the empty backfield might not be the best option at the rate we are seeing it.

Adding to the problem is that when we do those quick drives with 3 and outs or worse, turnovers, the defense is on the field too much. This is an okay defense - not bad, not great - and I don't get the scheme calls against smash mouth teams - but the offense has to sustain some drives.

I would love to see us devote our draft capital and free agent room next year - such as they are - to beefing up the middle on both sides. too many games like last two weeks.