VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Our o line is subpar and it’s not even close Blythe and Corbett are the weak links by far ... we had three attempts to punch it in on the one yard line ... and we could not get one yard ..

Listen to the presser mcvay had .. he said the same thing he always said about how he has to do better but it didn’t sound like coach speak ... you can tell he is taking it on the chin .. I don’t hold out much hope for next week if Wolford starts .. unless it’s the like Fitzpatrick game against the Texans in his first ever start for us and we catch em by surprise .. U.K. not counting out is out of the playoffs untill it’s official .. another winning season is the worst case for us

Sure beats talking about draft picks and where we are in picking in November though don’t you think ?
Well, then it seems that we have gone from Jeff Fisher’s 7-9 bullshit to McVay’s 9-7 mediocrity. McVay has built a good reputation as a head coach because he is an innovator, teacher and motivator. If he no longer has that then he’s done as a head coach. Or maybe he is subtlety calling out Shane Waldron or Kevin O’Connell. I don’t know. Personally, I don’t believe that McVay would ever criticize a player in a press conference, it’s not in his nature to do that even if the criticism is deserved.

We are a better team than the terrible Scott Linehan Rams but I measure each team against the best Rams teams, the Vermeil/Martz Rams from what is now 20 years ago. I should not do that because I will always be disappointed.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
These breakdowns go unmentioned every week as the collective ignorant fan base focused on Goff almost exclusively. It’s just retarded in my opinion.

I‘m highlighting that paragraph just to see it again, because I agree completely.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
In the game chat yesterday it seemed most understood. Goff isn't the long term answer. The offensive line has limitations and needs upgraded. Our play calling is stupid. No one is falling for this jet sweep fake bootleg shit anymore. Reynolds needs to sit and Jefferson needs to see action, if not only for the experience. He is our long term plan, reynolds is not.

We are stuck with Goff. We have found our RB. We have two receivers who are vastly under utilized. We need to have a deep threat. This dink and dunk shit isn't working.
In the game chat? Perfect analysis there:unsure:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Goff doesn't seem to have it right now. He was really bad late in the 2nd quarter. Beyond that, it was hard to tell what the problem was. The whole offense looked out of sorts. But frankly, Boston, all of the QBs you named played bad games today outside of Allen and Herbert. Allen was going against a Texans team that has basically quit (Watt chewed them out for their pathetic effort) with a good group of weapons (Tee Higgins is a stud). And Herbert put up good numbers but only led the offense to 19 points. Yeah, Mayfield was without his top 4 WRs, but he still had Hooper, Bryant, and Njoku at TE and Chubb and Hunt at HB against the Jets. He played a worse game than Goff last week.

The big problem for us is that we aren't threatening teams deep. And they're just flooding the short and intermediate ranges with defenders. Pittsburgh has had the same problems of late.

My point was the QB I mentioned are rookies or backups drafted in the 6th round (Allen)....They will have bad games. But they are also showing the ability to make plays. Goff is a 5th year #1 overall pick making 33.5M per year. A QB making that kind of money with that level of experience should not be getting outplayed by rookies and money is a factor since it effects your roster and how a team can be built. Outside of 5 games (if Im being generous) Goff has been out of sorts for a while this year.

100% agree on the Pittsburgh point. They corrected it though in the 2nd half against a really good defense. The Rams need to do the same.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Man, there's a lot to unpack here. Here goes.
It’s called reality. You should watch yeh Mcvay post conference. The reality is nothing like what some so called fans describe or what Aikman thinks. According to Mcvay the play calls sucked and must get better. They repeatedly tried to get him to blame Goff but Mcvay sounded exactly how I sound. He said we had shit play calls bad execution by several people on offense and Goffs interception was one small peice of it.

Of course the coach won't publicly throw his QB under the bus. He's a smart man. The playcalling was fine, you can't just put a blanket statement and blame it. That's like blaming it all on the QB. Couple long drives happened early, and I thought Jared was doing OK. Then the almost pick to Tyler Higbee happened. Then the real pick happened. All within or approaching Seattle territory. At worst, that could've been 2 more field goals. Jared fucked it up on those drives.

Other drives? Passes behind WRs, at their feet, etc etc. Just bad play.

What I can’t stand is a very ignorant approach that blames the QB every game for the entire game. That is ignorant. Fans can see with their eyes the shit performance of the Oline and TE’s.

I am probably extra sensitive to what the TE’s and Oline are doing because that’s always been my interest and what I review carefully on tape after every game. So I am highly familiar with where the breakdowns are.

These breakdowns go unmentioned every week as the collective ignorant fan base focused on Goff almost exclusively. It’s just retarded in my opinion.

Whenever a QB is struggling, which Jared obviously is, there's always a group of fans that bangs the drum for the OL. Here's the thing, a QB will NEVER have a perfect line. You will never had 5/5 guys playing at all-pro levels. You will probably have one, maybe two, and everyone else does enough to get by. That's actual reality. Oh and BTW, the Rams have 23 sacks allowed, which is 6th best. And from what I've seen, he's always had average protection, sometimes better. That should be enough for a QB to make plays. We see players all the time evade the pocket, make subtle little moves to avoid the rush and get to their checkdowns. Jared isn't even doing that these days. At least not well or consistent.

If Goff makes bad plays I call it out as I do all other players.

No run game. No protection. No deep threat. So Goff has to drive the team down the field with elite 3rd down throw after another with very little margin of error. And he does it time after time. Then his running game fails and people rush to this board to tell us Goff sucks. It’s really laughable.

The Rams are top 10 in rushing. 6th most rushing TDs. And that's without an elite RB or running QB. With that same OL and TE blocking. Top 5 defense, and coaches that are catering the passing offense to suit his strengths.

I'll give you yesterday being down the starting RB and then losing the backup later makes it harder. And look, ultimately he's had more good than bad, but that's just yesterday. He has everything you're wanting basically this whole year and he still makes decisions that costs drives and recently, games.

Mahomes played like shit and almost lost to the falcons.
Hurts played like shit.
Wilson played like shit 4 games in a row.
Murray vs Rams and Niners

Patrick Mahomes only has 6 picks this year. It's a big deal when he throws a pick because it's rare. If Jared was at that level, I wouldn't care.

Jalen Hurts is a rookie in his 3rd game. He's instantly made Philly a team that can fight with anyone. And he doesn't have nearly everything perfect for him, either.

I'm looking at Russell Wilson's schedule and failing to find 4 bad games in a row. Unless you talk about that 1-3 stretch, and he's not the reason why they lost those.

Kyler Murray is a second year QB that's still developing, still in the thick of things. I watched him play a few times this year and right now, he has a lot more potential than Jared right now.

It happens I get it. No QB plays great every game unless they have a great Oline such as Rodgers and Allen this year.

I'm not expecting that. I just want competence at the position. Again no team has everything perfect at every position all the time, but they still find ways to overcome that. The Rams have almost everything in the top half, top 10 of the league. And Jared's fucking it up right now.

Im personally pissed that Higbee got thrown like a girl.
I’m pissed that our special teams is garbage.
I’m pissed that Reeder can’t make a third down stop two games in a row.
I’ve been so pissed at Everett all year and think he’s terrible.
I’m pissed at our stupid repetitive plays and lack of picking up free rushers.
I can’t stand Reynolds, he constantly destroys perfect plays.

Tyler Higbee is a bright spot, and he's not 100%.

I'll agree with ST. I'm tired of starting inside the 20 over and over.

Really? Troy Reeder, one player on a defense that makes stops 99% of the time?

Gerald Everett doesnt have a turnover.

That's to cover QB inefficiency.

Josh Reynolds is JAG, and he's not a reason for the recent struggles.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“Patrick Mahomes only has 6 picks this year. It's a big deal when he throws a pick because it's rare. If Jared was at that level, I wouldn't care.”

Interestingly enough mahomes also leads the leads the league in dropped interceptions. Be a bit different a different convo if those were 16 dropped ints caught

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It’s called reality. You should watch yeh Mcvay post conference. The reality is nothing like what some so called fans describe or what Aikman thinks. According to Mcvay the play calls sucked and must get better. They repeatedly tried to get him to blame Goff but Mcvay sounded exactly how I sound. He said we had shit play calls bad execution by several people on offense and Goffs interception was one small peice of it.

What I can’t stand is a very ignorant approach that blames the QB every game for the entire game. That is ignorant. Fans can see with their eyes the shit performance of the Oline and TE’s.

I am probably extra sensitive to what the TE’s and Oline are doing because that’s always been my interest and what I review carefully on tape after every game. So I am highly familiar with where the breakdowns are.

If Goff makes bad plays I call it out as I do all other players.

No run game. No protection. No deep threat. So Goff has to drive the team down the field with elite 3rd down throw after another with very little margin of error. And he does it time after time. Then his running game fails and people rush to this board to tell us Goff sucks. It’s really laughable.

Totally correct imo.
The way the Rams offense is operating this season is the total opposite of "making it easy for the QB". But that narrative remains firmly in place.

Every post that says "Goff is broken" but doesn't say "this offense is broken" is suspect to me tbh. The QB play is a symptom of an underlying condition. It's the byproduct of a bigger failure.
Why do I say that? We've already seen Goff be good, bad and ugly and good again. The last time he QB'd a predictable offense with lousy pass protection and no deep threats, he looked much the same.

Does that equate to "everything has to be perfect for him"...? Yes, maybe and aside from those few absolute superstars who can do it on their own for a few seasons, that's how it works for all QBs.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
yea no one claimed an interception was a good pass. It was a shit throw. Wilson had several as well that were almost picked.

It's when people blamed everything on Goff that is retarded.

It all goes back to skimping on O-line. Mcvay and co. thought they would outsmart everyone. Turns out smoke and mirrors only works for a while. The use of these TE's in blocking is also not built for the NFL I am sorry. These TE's blow it every game in penalties, dropped passes and getting destroyed in the run game. It's tiring. Especially when people can clearly see the dilemna Goff is in and blame him for literally every offensive play that gets stopped. Where is the blame on Henderson for failing to get in with a wide open path to the TD, or blame on Higbee for failing to get a critical block that would have changed momentum?

No one is saying that there aren't other issues. However the accumulation of Jarred Goff making bad decisions and unforced errors all season has a lot of eyes on him. Right or wrong he put himself in that position by playing at a terrible level in multiple games. He is so damn inconsistent and when we do lose he plays a huge role in the loss. He has been below average for 2 seasons. I'm not giving the o-line a pass, or the RB, or the TE, or the WR. But I'm not giving the QB a pass either. He is playing poorly!

Just watched a video on Youtube about the game, and as usual, Vinodouche's crew was a garbage bin. They called us for those ridiculous illegal contacts. I watched a total of four plays in this video. On both passing plays it reviewed, the Seahawks committed penalties that went uncalled (Griffin grabbed Reynolds on the slant and Adams grabbed Higbee on the ball Goff underthrew as Higbee blew by him). And then I saw for the first time (I expect y'all might have seen it in the game; I wasn't paying close enough attention apparently) that Metcalf punched Reeder in the head and didn't get a personal foul. Fuck Vinodouche. Fat sack of crap.

I should also mention that this wasn't a Rams fan gripe video. It was a video complimenting the Seahawks!

Oh man, that punch to reeder made me lose my mind. 15 yards and an ejection just ignored. BS. Not to mention several push offs. Vinobitch seriously hates the Rams

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
“Patrick Mahomes only has 6 picks this year. It's a big deal when he throws a pick because it's rare. If Jared was at that level, I wouldn't care.”

Interestingly enough mahomes also leads the leads the league in dropped interceptions. Be a bit different a different convo if those were 16 dropped ints caught

Even if Mahomes had 16 picks he has 38 TDs and consistently throws the ball downfield not the 5.7 average yards per attempt that Goff does. Im pretty sure Goff has had a few dropped INTs as well. With the dink and dunk that Goff does he should be less than 5 INTs right now. Lets not try and put Goff and Mahomes in the same category lol.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Still is a reason for Ws. Not a reason for Ls.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
In the game chat yesterday it seemed most understood. Goff isn't the long term answer. The offensive line has limitations and needs upgraded. Our play calling is stupid. No one is falling for this jet sweep fake bootleg shit anymore. Reynolds needs to sit and Jefferson needs to see action, if not only for the experience. He is our long term plan, reynolds is not.

We are stuck with Goff. We have found our RB. We have two receivers who are vastly under utilized. We need to have a deep threat. This dink and dunk shit isn't working.
I'm not convinced, that we have found our RB.
I dig Akers and Hendo, but neither can stay on the field. We can include Brown here as well, because none of them can stay healthy.

fearsomefour

Legend
Goff is just slow. Remember Hard Knocks his rookie year? Maybe he really is just dense.

What are our options? At this point - I would rather have Fitzmagic, Wentz, or door number 3

Financially, are we locked in? Or is there an out somehow?
No one is going to trade for Goff with his deal.
Dead money wound be brutal.
Moving on to a vet like Dalton or Fitz only makes sense if it saves money.
With the dead money that wouldn’t really be the case.
Don’t know Wentz contract but no one is going to trade anything of value for him either as sideways as his game has gotten.

fearsomefour

Legend
It's not what he's doing. Some of it is McVay's failings, some of it is our personnel shortcomings, and some of it is Goff. We have a lot more wrong with this offense than some of you like to pretend. Goff has sucked since Miami. But he's not the only problem. We have no deep threat. That's why we throw the dink and dunk shit. And our OL is as streaky as our QB. Now, we have two injured HBs and are left with the guy who looks like he's running in slow motion. Kirk Cousins isn't going to magically fix our problems.
The run game that can dominate or evaporate week to week is a strange one to me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw that live but the only thing I'll mention is that they gifted us that Goff fumble. Granted we didn't score on 4th down, but if we would have that would have been the refs giving us 7

You said that yesterday, yet it was never clear who recovered the fumble. It looked to me that Goff did.

My point was the QB I mentioned are rookies or backups drafted in the 6th round (Allen)....They will have bad games. But they are also showing the ability to make plays. Goff is a 5th year #1 overall pick making 33.5M per year. A QB making that kind of money with that level of experience should not be getting outplayed by rookies and money is a factor since it effects your roster and how a team can be built. Outside of 5 games (if Im being generous) Goff has been out of sorts for a while this year.

100% agree on the Pittsburgh point. They corrected it though in the 2nd half against a really good defense. The Rams need to do the same.

The issue with Goff isn't making plays. It's the bad turnovers. In any given week, a number of QBs are going to outplay other higher paid QBs. Because they're not facing the same defenses.

Ellard80

Legend
I‘m highlighting that paragraph just to see it again, because I agree completely.

because that's a false narrative that gets replayed week after week and its so damn annoying lol.

NO ONE SAYS ITS ONLY GOFFS FAUlT

damn can we stop repeating that BS

yeah a lot of people are on Goff right now - but the narrative that most people are exclusively blaming goff is a made up story that keeps getting repeated by a few people.

Read the posts - people say its a lot of things, goff is part of it but not the only part of it.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
because that's a false narrative that gets replayed week after week and its so damn annoying lol.

NO ONE SAYS ITS ONLY GOFFS FAUlT

damn can we stop repeating that BS

yeah a lot of people are on Goff right now - but the narrative that most people are exclusively blaming goff is a made up story that keeps getting repeated by a few people.

Read the posts - people say its a lot of things, goff is part of it but not the only part of it.
No but they are .... everything Is goffs fault .. go back and read some of the posts

Goff sucks
Goff lost us the game
Goff is soft and a pussy
Blah blah blah

Goff was bad yesterday there is no doubt of that and I don’t dispute for a second that he is having a bad year .. but it wasn’t his fault that

The oline got zero push on three attempts from the one yard line
It’s not his fault that on the first drive on the 2nd half the Seahawks marched down the field and score

The int was totally his fault I have never seen a dumber pass in 20 years of watching football
The slide instead of dive was his fault
But I’m not so sure they cost us the game either

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Just watched a video on Youtube about the game, and as usual, Vinodouche's crew was a garbage bin. They called us for those ridiculous illegal contacts. I watched a total of four plays in this video. On both passing plays it reviewed, the Seahawks committed penalties that went uncalled (Griffin grabbed Reynolds on the slant and Adams grabbed Higbee on the ball Goff underthrew as Higbee blew by him). And then I saw for the first time (I expect y'all might have seen it in the game; I wasn't paying close enough attention apparently) that Metcalf punched Reeder in the head and didn't get a personal foul. Fuck Vinodouche. Fat sack of crap.

I should also mention that this wasn't a Rams fan gripe video. It was a video complimenting the Seahawks!

There was also a massive and obvious hold on AD who would have sacked RW before he rolled out for that long pass in the 3rd quarter. AD was pulled so hard, he jerked backwards a bit... and....nothing.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
You never heard what he said to him, you're just filling in the blanks. He actually said "Well if you're going to keep giving away points, we'll just out there and give away some of our own!"

Nailed it!

Damn.

:LOL:

AZRams

There was also a massive and obvious hold on AD who would have sacked RW before he rolled out for that long pass in the 3rd quarter. AD was pulled so hard, he jerked backwards a bit... and....nothing.

Yeah. That was like it didn't happen...no flag, Aikman and Buck didn't mention it even though it was obvious as they were going over the replay.

Was beginning to think I was the only one who saw it.

What a load of crap...

AZRams

What killed it for me wasn’t the throw itself, it was the CHOICE he made.

He easily could have picked up a few yards by running up the sideline, or he could have easily thrown the ball away. But he CHOSE to throw across his body, into the heart of the D, he lobbed it up with plenty of air beneath it. Just an awful, unforgivably bad decision.

Yeah, I don't get why he didn't chuck it over Higbee's head in the end zone and out of bounds. WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.