Ganja Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Thanks man.
(I'd say bro, but am confused if that's still relevant brah, I mean bruh, I mean breh, I mean... don't know wtf I mean).
Sorry youngun's, but seriously?

Anyway, really, thanks. Now for the embarrassing part - what's CBD?

This is strange for me as I'm no stranger (at all) to weed - but have pretty much avoided it as it had dire (architect) licensing ramifications here in Nevada when I moved here 30 years ago.
(Except for the occasional foray where I discovered "This ain't your father's Oldsmobile")

But Mari has a very strong (negative) attitude about drugs, and really doesn't know much about dope - but as she's now receptive to the idea, just don't want her to have a bad experience.

Last edited:

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I always stick with bro. I feel I'm to old for the other ways.

Did a little search for ya:

CBD has the same chemical formula as THC, but the atoms are arranged differently. This slight variance causes THC to create a psychoactive effect while CBD lacks such an influence.

CBD accounts for up to 40 percent of cannabis extract (3). Its plentiful nature, coupled with its failure to produce a “high” effect, make it a strong candidate for medical applications.

The effects of CBD include (3):

* Reduction of psychotic symptoms
* Relief from convulsions and nausea
* Decreased anxiety
* Decreased inflammation
* Schizophrenia – Reduce psychotic symptoms
* Social anxiety disorder – Lower anxiety
* Depression – Reduce depressive symptoms
* Side effects of cancer treatment – Decrease pain and nausea while stimulating appetite

CBD lacks the harmful cognitive effects of THC. In fact, CBD counteracts the psychoactive effects of THC, both in plant form and when administered from extract (4). Cannabis plants containing small amounts of CBD and high levels of THC result in a stronger “stoned” feeling, while plants with more CBD and less THC create a weaker “buzz.” Given the increasing popularity of medical marijuana, breeders are currently creating strains with higher CBD to THC ratios to minimize the psychoactive side effects.

Overall, the lower health risks of CBD, combined with its efficacy, make it a better candidate for medical applications than THC.