Game Plan to Attack Seattle’s Defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Kevin Gilbride goes over how a team can attack the Seahawks’ defense. A major problem for offenses is their high quality man CB’s. You either need elite WR’s to beat them, or you need to force them to back out of bump and run coverage by using condensed and bunched formations. (1:04)

Watch Gilbride Talk Seattle Defense

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Or you can pound them into submission with the running game and hope that your starting QB is healthy so he can get chunks of yardage with some play action...while your strong defense harasses Russell Wilson and contains Marshawn Lynch.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
You know Sherman stays on one side of the field. Throw a big body wr over there to keep him honest and eat the other side up with Cook and any other WR you want to use. Cook will stretch the middle so it's open underneath all day for Tavon!

ramsfake.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Attack then with the running game to open up the pass(especially play-action) and use quick, speedy WRs on the outside that can cause their big CBs issues in press coverage. Also attack the seam with Cook to keep Earl Thomas in the middle of the field so Sherman and Maxwell do not have help.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Or you can pound them into submission with the running game and hope that your starting QB is healthy so he can get chunks of yardage with some play action...while your strong defense harasses Russell Wilson and contains Marshawn Lynch.

^ This. Which is why they drafted Robinson and yet another RB to deepen their corps.

And yes, if BSchotty could investigate some cluster formations that would be sweet.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Fishers Rams have sacked Wilson 19 times in four games. It's gonna get worse for Wilson this season. If we've got a starting caliber QB in there i like our chances.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

If you make the secondary worry about the run it would change things for sure. I don't konw how well they do playing from behind and having to stop a running attack that can send two or three different backs at them and also has a weapon like Austin on end arounds.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Or SOMEHOW get the zebras to call defensive holding and pass interference just half of the time on Dick sherman. JUST HALF of the time !

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

I vividly remember that ref throwing that flag just because we scored and he was clueless as to what happened. "Uh... Uh... (Full conference with the other officials)... There was no penalty on the play..."

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Other than the 49ers over the last 2 seasons no one has played Seattle tougher than us, and their fans that I'm around all the time know it. So the blueprint is there and with the improvement from experence and all promising rookies we drafted I'm not worried one bit.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Last year in the Ed with a fully healthy OL we were able to run it right down their throats even though they knew it was coming and we had Clemens at QB. If we have a fully healthy OL against them this year with Robinson and Saffold in the interior, I don't see why we can't do that again, while being more of a threat on play action with Sam back under center.