Game pass users

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
As I'm stuck in my nephew's home in Tucson because of delays in purchasing my own home I'm looking at Game Pass as a way to watch Ram games even if it means having to wait until the game is over. But I have questions that aren't being answered on the game pass website.

1. Are all out of market team games available each week? That is to say, will I be able to watch the Rams games even if they are shown delayed?
2. How long are the games available for viewing? Or is there a DVR like function to save the game?
3. Is it worth the money?

Once I get my own home I will be able to get a VPN with an LA server solving that "out of market" problem. I'd appreciate any information that anyone can provide.

Thanks

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
As I'm stuck in my nephew's home in Tucson because of delays in purchasing my own home I'm looking at Game Pass as a way to watch Ram games even if it means having to wait until the game is over. But I have questions that aren't being answered on the game pass website.

1. Are all out of market team games available each week? That is to say, will I be able to watch the Rams games even if they are shown delayed?
2. How long are the games available for viewing? Or is there a DVR like function to save the game?
3. Is it worth the money?

Once I get my own home I will be able to get a VPN with an LA server solving that "out of market" problem. I'd appreciate any information that anyone can provide.

Thanks
1- yes
2- As long as you have a subscription, you can access games, past years games, in condensed, full, or coaches film.
3- Absolutely, see above.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Thanks

Just curious, but how is a VPN going to solve the out of market problem? You still need GamePass (or AT&T) to see the games live. If anything, you can use a VPN and point to a server outside of the country to get GamePass with live games. Unless I am missing something....maybe you are planning on using Locast?

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When I get my own place I will only need highspeed internet. I will subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN or Nord and request an LA server. Then I will get YouTube TV based on that server. That will give me all the regular LA network stations so I will get all the LA teams.

When I was in Mexico my neighbor had ExpressVPN out of an LA server and he got all the LA network stations so he was able to watch all the LA teams. He was primarily a Dodger and Laker fan but did watch the NFL and started watching the Rams because we would make a party of it with all the other neighbors. All my neighbors were Americans in Popotla, Baja so I know it works. I was thinking of getting Game Pass but couldn't because of being in Mexico. I had simple Mexican cable which was actually better than what I had with Cox in San Diego. It was a reliable 50 mbps for $30/mo.

My nephew is an intelligence agent in the Army. As an E9 he's a unit leader. They use encrypted connections on rotating VPNs to communicate on-line. Most of my neighbors telecommuted to work via VPNs. I had DirectTV but I used a "borrowed" LA phone number to get a LA router. That is the secret flaw in Direct TV. As long as you have a viable LA number you can get an LA router and dish setup. Then you can move where ever you want.

With a VPN I can simply get something like a firestick to make my dumb flat panel smart and get all the movies I want and with YouTube TV I get most of the channels I normally watch. All I need is a reliable 25 Mbps which isn't that fast and is at the low end of cable speed so it's dirt cheap at about $40/mo. The VPN will run at most about $10-$15/mo and YouTube TV at $50/mo with a movie subscriptions like Nextflicks or Prime and adding another $10-$15 / mo I will get twice as much TV and internet than I was paying Direct TV in San Diego for about $30/mo more and that was just TV.

The problem in AZ is that most people use satellite TV and AT&T (Direct TV) highspeed DSL (12 Mbps) as cable service is mainly in the new subdivisions, or apartments and businesses. So that is one of the factors limiting my home search as I don't want to spend $250K on a new home. Just me and my girlfriend are looking at 3 bedroom homes in the $80K range of which there are many but it's the lack of internet services that is the problem. With a VA loan that will make my house payments $360/mo inclusive of property taxes and insurance. I'm also looking for a non-HOA community.

Anyway, thank you for the info as it solves my NFL problem if they actually have games.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Just curious, but how is a VPN going to solve the out of market problem? You still need GamePass (or AT&T) to see the games live. If anything, you can use a VPN and point to a server outside of the country to get GamePass with live games. Unless I am missing something....maybe you are planning on using Locast?

This is what I did last year. I loaded a VPN location to England. Then I bought NFL Gamepass UK and I watched all the Ram games live and could go back and rewatch again each week.

Psycho_X

Legend
This is what I did last year. I loaded a VPN location to England. Then I bought NFL Gamepass UK and I watched all the Ram games live and could go back and rewatch again each week.

Did the same last year. Works great and never had connection problems. I liked doing it this way because it lets me also watch all other Sunday games and all prime time games live too without needing shitty satellite, cable, antenna tv, or questionable reddit links that would constantly get killed in the middle of the game.

oldnotdead

Legend

Very nice!! Thank you. The only reason I wanted the LA local channels though is to watch Lakers and Dodgers as well. But this year I might do what you did as well.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Wait, did you say $80K for a house? That’s like a remodeled kitchen In LA.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Very nice!! Thank you. The only reason I wanted the LA local channels though is to watch Lakers and Dodgers as well. But this year I might do what you did as well.

There is a service used in the UK that broadcasts all NBA games (I think it's a paid subscription). I am not sure about MLB.

oldnotdead

Legend
Wait, did you say $80K for a house? That’s like a remodeled kitchen In LA.

Yes I know I had homes in Carlsbad and San Diego for over 30 years. Right now I'm looking at a 3 bdrm, 2 baths, completely remodeled with laminate flooring and tile throughout on a 5K lot (fenced), remodeled kitchen with granite top counters, and new cabinets, new stove, overhead microwave, and new fridge, 1500 sq ft for $72K in an established neighborhood with no HOA. My payments with no down VA financing will be $323 / mo. In Sierra Vista, AZ. Since it's for sale by owner (flipper) I'm waiting to see if he will go VA. That might push the price to $75K.

Sierra Vista is a good size town with everything you need in terms of services. The elevation is 4,600 ft so it's not nearly as hot as Tucson. It was over 100 in Tucson and only 87 in Sierra Vista. Went out to Patagonia Lake, a very nice, beautiful clean lake with boating, fishing and beach. The vibe is much like San Diego which is a military town as is Sierra Vista with Fort Huachuca there. My nephew is stationed there so it's very convenient. The high desert there is not like the Mohave in Calif. Everything is green and close to Bisbee and Tombstone tourist towns. They got hit hard economically like everyone else but not nearly as bad as most places because of the base.

It's why I moved to AZ because it's one of the few places I can afford to live with a decent middle-class lifestyle. The house that I sold in San Diego wasn't as good as this one in terms of needing things. I was about to put $50K into it until a flipper came to my door and offered me $350K as is. LOL Calif is out of control real estate wise.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Fuck me 250K for a new house, that's not even a 20% down payment in my neck of the woods LOL

Q: Can you share game pass w/ a buddy? I too been thinking of ordering game pass. Hoping to split the cost w/ a buddy

bluecoconuts

Legend
I believe gamepass is free right now, or it was before. They did it during quarantine, but if you want to get a taste of how it works in terms of viewing games, you should be able to.

I find the experience better on my computer browser than the PS4 app personally, but when I watched the Super Bowl, I used the app since it was live and it gave me the best picture no delay, vs finding a stream on the internet, which is what I mostly do now.

I want to adjust that change up so I can take advantage of my TV. I’m in the process of getting a house up here and then having my parents live in it for me most of the year, and if I do that I think I’m gonna get a satellite and see about remotely logging in from my place now (closer to work)... From there I may get Sunday Ticket or something to get all the sports packages.

My buddy uses his parents dish login and watches live LA channels since that’s where they live, while he’s in Portland, so if I could do that it would be ideal. I don’t give a shit about watching the Hawks unless it’s them losing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes I know I had homes in Carlsbad and San Diego for over 30 years. Right now I'm looking at a 3 bdrm, 2 baths, completely remodeled with laminate flooring and tile throughout on a 5K lot (fenced), remodeled kitchen with granite top counters, and new cabinets, new stove, overhead microwave, and new fridge, 1500 sq ft for $72K in an established neighborhood with no HOA. My payments with no down VA financing will be $323 / mo. In Sierra Vista, AZ. Since it's for sale by owner (flipper) I'm waiting to see if he will go VA. That might push the price to $75K.
Wow, thats awesome. That includes property tax and insurance too?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sounds like you got everything figured out but the house.

If you want a cheap house that isn't HOA you should be looking midwest. Arizona is overpriced IMO. Slide a bit east and you have much better options like some areas of Texas or Oklahoma, and can get a nice home and actual greenery at your desired value.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Fuck me 250K for a new house, that's not even a 20% down payment in my neck of the woods LOL

Q: Can you share game pass w/ a buddy? I too been thinking of ordering game pass. Hoping to split the cost w/ a buddy
You can afford a 1M+ house, but not GamePass? Lol.

oldnotdead

Legend
The house is fine and affordable. I've been to the midwest and didn't like it. My son was born in MO as a matter of fact. My girlfriend's family lives in Agua Prieta and Nogales, MX so it's close to her family. My family is all in SO CA and Tucson. My son lives along the oceanfront in Oceanside. So both of us are close to family. My son's mother lives in the midwest and he wants nothing to do with her or all the bad memories of that part of the country.

So I don't particularly like AZ but it's affordable, convenient and it's safer than most places in the US. I loved San Diego, but who can afford it anymore.

But thanks everyone I've gotten a pretty good insight into what I'm going to do this season. I'm going to get game pass this season though I expect to be in my new home before the holidays. Who knows I might keep it for the coaches view so I can see what Merlin sees from now on!

oldnotdead

Legend
Property tax impound is less than $50/mo and insurance is about $30-$40/mo. I was paying over $6K in property taxes in San Diego.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
When I get my own place I will only need highspeed internet. I will subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN or Nord and request an LA server. Then I will get YouTube TV based on that server. That will give me all the regular LA network stations so I will get all the LA teams.

When I was in Mexico my neighbor had ExpressVPN out of an LA server and he got all the LA network stations so he was able to watch all the LA teams. He was primarily a Dodger and Laker fan but did watch the NFL and started watching the Rams because we would make a party of it with all the other neighbors. All my neighbors were Americans in Popotla, Baja so I know it works. I was thinking of getting Game Pass but couldn't because of being in Mexico. I had simple Mexican cable which was actually better than what I had with Cox in San Diego. It was a reliable 50 mbps for $30/mo.

My nephew is an intelligence agent in the Army. As an E9 he's a unit leader. They use encrypted connections on rotating VPNs to communicate on-line. Most of my neighbors telecommuted to work via VPNs. I had DirectTV but I used a "borrowed" LA phone number to get a LA router. That is the secret flaw in Direct TV. As long as you have a viable LA number you can get an LA router and dish setup. Then you can move where ever you want.

With a VPN I can simply get something like a firestick to make my dumb flat panel smart and get all the movies I want and with YouTube TV I get most of the channels I normally watch. All I need is a reliable 25 Mbps which isn't that fast and is at the low end of cable speed so it's dirt cheap at about $40/mo. The VPN will run at most about $10-$15/mo and YouTube TV at $50/mo with a movie subscriptions like Nextflicks or Prime and adding another $10-$15 / mo I will get twice as much TV and internet than I was paying Direct TV in San Diego for about $30/mo more and that was just TV.

The problem in AZ is that most people use satellite TV and AT&T (Direct TV) highspeed DSL (12 Mbps) as cable service is mainly in the new subdivisions, or apartments and businesses. So that is one of the factors limiting my home search as I don't want to spend $250K on a new home. Just me and my girlfriend are looking at 3 bedroom homes in the $80K range of which there are many but it's the lack of internet services that is the problem. With a VA loan that will make my house payments $360/mo inclusive of property taxes and insurance. I'm also looking for a non-HOA community.

Anyway, thank you for the info as it solves my NFL problem if they actually have games.
I watch any game I want any week for free. There is a site that does it. You just have to know where to look. I haven't missed any game I have wanted to watch in the last 4 years.

But I do have game pass. More for looking at the games later on.

Last edited: