Game of Thrones: Season 8

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I am left with just a couple questions....
1) the Grey worm says Jon Snow stabbed Dani in the heart. So was he there? Jon just up and admitted it? Cmon...
2) Tyrion- guilty of treason, hands over his title of Hand and comes out of prison to decide how a king should be chosen and who it should be? And they all just listen and agree?? Mkay...
3) last we saw Jaime and Cersei they were being buried under an avalanche of rubble, but the imp climbs over a few rocks, sees Jaime hand and unearths them by lifting 2 LEGO bricks from them?? Good grief...
4) lastly, ok so enough time has passed that Jon can grow a full beard but in that same time they can magically repair the freakin wall that the Night King destroyed? “Hey night watch, I know there’s a gaping hole 50 feet to our right that you could drive 20 tractor trailers thru, but let’s just use this gate at the bottom because it’s REALLY cool”
Pull on my other leg and it plays jingle bells...
1) Figurative speaking? She loved him and he killed her hence the heart statement.
2) Who put him there? Somebody that at least half the people there hated.
3) He's the imp! Anything is possible for him! /sarcasm.
4) Hollywood!

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Felt like more of a rushed-springboard-for-sequels episode than an actual finale to me.

I mean if HBO wants to milk the GoT IP for what it's worth (Star Wars style) they can have a spinoff series for each of the Starks, in addition to whatever prequel is in the works:

Arya's adventures in the West
Jon's adventures with the Wildlings in the far North + dig into some NK back story and find that baby that the NK took.
Political intrigue/boredom with Sansa's reign in the North
Political intrigue/boredom with Bran and the rest of the crew down South WITH the search for Drogon in every direction.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bqr5y2/lmao_they_did_it_again/

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bqpfka/whats_west_of_westeros/

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1) Figurative speaking? She loved him and he killed her hence the heart statement.
He kills the beloved Queen and Snow just up and admits it? Jeesh...
I get he's all kinds of noble and stuff, but given the circumstances, who wouldn't have said, "I don't know what happened, one minute Drogon is chewing on a piece of beef jerky and next I know the freak goes nuts! He melts down the throne, blows a bunch of fire, then grabs Dani and takes off"

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get he's all kinds of noble and stuff, but given the circumstances, who wouldn't have said, "I don't know what happened, one minute Drogon is chewing on a piece of beef jerky and next I know the freak goes nuts! He melts down the throne, blows a bunch of fire, then grabs Dani and takes off"
And people have been complaining around there that Dani's meltdown was out of character and then you suggest this as what should have happened no matter how out of character it is.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And people have been complaining around there that Dani's meltdown was out of character and then you suggest this as what should have happened no matter how out of character it is.
Out of character for who? He could have blamed the dragon, took the crown, and ran the 7 Kingdoms "the way Dani would have wanted", "She'll always be my queen"
So silly

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Out of character for who? He could have blamed the dragon, took the crown, and ran the 7 Kingdoms "the way Dani would have wanted", "She'll always be my queen"
So silly
Which goes against everything he's done the entire show, hence the out of character.

Psycho_X

Legend
Just to note, the hole in the wall was at Eastwatch on the east coast. That’s where they all went to before heading beyond to get an undead to convince Cersei and where Tormund and a few others waited to keep watch after Dany saves them. Not at the main base for the nights watch which is directly in the center of the wall and where Jon spent most of his time at and at the end.

Just some nerd splaining for ya.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just to note, the hole in the wall was at Eastwatch on the east coast. That’s where they all went to before heading beyond to get an undead to convince Cersei and where Tormund and a few others waited to keep watch after Dany saves them. Not at the main base for the nights watch which is directly in the center of the wall and where Jon spent most of his time at and at the end.

Just some nerd splaining for ya.
I do get that explanation, and lost in my attempt at humor was exaggerating "50 feet away", clearly the wall is quite exposed and likely where forces where needed but hey, Jon snow knows better than me...

Psycho_X

Legend
I do get that explanation, and lost in my attempt at humor was exaggerating "50 feet away", clearly the wall is quite exposed and likely where forces where needed but hey, Jon snow knows better than me...

I gotcha, the way I took Jon’s ending (and maybe this is just me making a better ending in my head) was that there isn’t really a nights watch anymore. There is no need now that the nightking is dead and the wildlings can do what they want north of the wall. Maybe a small contingent to keep friendly ties with the wildlings. But overall, Bran and Tyrion knew Jon would be happier with the wildlings so they convinced Grey Worm that this was a punishment for him even though they knew it was exactly what he wanted. So in the end the hole doesn’t really matter anymore. And Jon going there was just a formality Tyrion made up as he soon left to head into the “true north” to be with his wildling friends for life.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well, he admitted that he bent the knee to Dani when Cersei demanded his neutrality in the coming war. It was politically damaging to everyone at the time, but he told the truth....I think it's totally in character for Jon Snow to tell the truth of necessary act of betrayal to his Queen...HE felt that he deserved to executed for his crime...jmho.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Sorry, but Benioff and Weiss threw away 6 years of character development and even the little that happened in 7 and 8 so that they could get to work on Star Wars.

There is so much unresolved or improperly resolved that if there were a Literary Police, they’d both be wanted for multiple counts of felony plot murder.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he admitted that he bent the knee to Dani when Cersei demanded his neutrality in the coming war. It was politically damaging to everyone at the time, but he told the truth....I think it's totally in character for Jon Snow to tell the truth of necessary act of betrayal to his Queen...HE felt that he deserved to executed for his crime...jmho.
Meh... By killing her, he basically put his family (and Tyron) at risk as to whom would take the Throne. Whatevs. He was willing to live the lie that he is Jon Snow too so his nobility ain’t all that.
Just a dreadful awful ending.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh... By killing her, he basically put his family (and Tyron) at risk as to whom would take the Throne. Whatevs. He was willing to live the lie that he is Jon Snow too so his nobility ain’t all that.
Just a dreadful awful ending.
*shrugs

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’ve stayed out of this thread because I usually watch the next day or two after. But fuck me! What was that? Terrible

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When the Sopranos ended, it was the same outrage but as time went on the fact that it was one of the greatest shows ever made people get over it.
GOT will follow the same. The show was too good.
That’s what made Breaking Bad so awesome. One of the greats, with a fantastic ending.
Really the exception and not the rule