Game Day Positivity Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
We knocked their punter the F out. All though Carroll didn't give a shit and was happy to stick it to Fassell for beating him in the past with trick plays. But still fun to watch a punter try and run with a football and have it just squirt right out of their hands lol.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/qgzdz

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Goff and Donald are the future of LA

Gurley is out there fighting but dude looks defeated ... just seems like he has nothing left i feel for him

This D does not quit (need to sort out our secondary majorly )

If we ran a standard 4-3 I'd be happy with hager out there he made an exceptional play
One thing about our secondary, there are so many of them out injured or on IR I'm surprised they can do anything!
Goff threw a Beautiful Ball deep to Thomas!! Too bad Thomas Dropped it!
Any luck at all, Kenny Britt will get 1000K receiving this year!

Zero

Pro Bowler
The biggest positive of the year is that fisher and his offensive philosophy will no longer be part of Rams football starting next season. I'm almost giddy that we may actually finally see some innovative offense after 8 years of spags and fisher.
I agree Kurt.We have some really good pieces to build around with Goff and Gurley.
I am impressed with Pharoh as well.I do not believe the Oline to be as talentless
as some believe.There has been some sort of disconnect going on with that group.
I know you saw the play where our guard and center went in opposite directions with a defender
lined up between them in the A gap.Things like that happen a lot more than they should with us.
Havenstein looked to be a fixture for years to come at RT last year only to regress badly this year.
Whether it be scheme,poor coaching or lack of commitment on the players I'M not sure.
But i know talent just doesn't disappear from one year to the next unless age is a factor.
If we can bring in some good coaching with a solid blocking scheme to match I think
some of these young guys will start to develop into a formidable core to build off.
and hopefully we can pick up a couple more pieces during the off season.
We can only go up from here and with some of the coaching possibilities that are
available there is reason to be excited for our future.Go Rams.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I know I'm probably the last person one would expect to start one of these, but I felt compelled to after this particular loss.

Why?

I saw some positives.

1) We all know by now that our offensive scheme is broken. Part of the reason is that it is overly complicated for our players, but not complicated for opposing defenses to diagnose. That goes for the awful hybrid blocking scheme bolted on to this monstrosity of a thing laughingly called an offense. Why is this positive? Well, we do have players who if we just simplify things and put them in position to win their assignments, they can and most times will. I actually think that as poorly as our OL is playing (and they actually played pretty well in the first half), in a simplified coherent scheme, we DO have players enough to compete. I'm not saying we can't upgrade players, but fixing the scheme will fix a LOT of things, including the OL. They really aren't as bad as they looked at times, that includes GRob. I think the scheme has him so screwed at times he doesn't know if he's coming or going and DCs are taking advantage of that. And instead of getting support, he's getting left out in the wind. You saw him at the beginning of the year... Everything is off...fundamentals... Technique... Scheme... Everything. The good news is with a new, likely offensive minded coach coming in, he's specifically going to come in with answers in mind knowing he will have to win with most of these guys (you can only replace so many at a time). And I think they can do it with a new coach.

2) Disappointing season and still the players are fighting. We've all seen teams quit before. This team has fight. Ogletree doesn't make that tackle at the goal line if he didn't have that fight in him. That's a positive I'm taking into next season.

3) We have leaders on this team. Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley are young, but clearly leaders on this team. And they want to WIN. You can bet the talk is gonna be about executing on Sundays this offseason and not making costly mistakes, drops, penalties, etc.

4) I'm still blessed to see Rams football. I surely get frustrated when we lose, but man do I root so hard for this team.

There's more, but it's late.

Stay positive and GO RAMS!

This is bang on in my opinion. I really feel scheme is the biggest issue, especially in regards to the o-line blocking. I recall reading how Robinson was excelling when working with Lacharles Bentley in the off season, however I also recall the teaching was also designed to not really coincide with the various player schemes and coaches. I'll have to try and find the specific article.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Good thread @Mackeyser .

There's a good team in there waiting to be unleashed.

My main positive out of that game though is that I'm positive Petey is a giant douche.
Peter "in the mouth" Caroll is definitely in my top 5 list of people I want to Bitch Slap.
But,I digress as I will never hit a woman.Even a really ugly one.
Man I am loving what I am seeing out of Pharoh.Got to get that kid more involved.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing about our secondary, there are so many of them out injured or on IR I'm surprised they can do anything!
Goff threw a Beautiful Ball deep to Thomas!! Too bad Thomas Dropped it!
Any luck at all, Kenny Britt will get 1000K receiving this year!
I get we have injuries Dave ... but our secondary is poor .. I'm beginning TJ is a little overrated ... I mean he can knock the snot out of people ... I just wished he would wrap up every now and then

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I get we have injuries Dave ... but our secondary is poor .. I'm beginning TJ is a little overrated ... I mean he can knock the snot out of people ... I just wished he would wrap up every now and then
I don't think you can get consistent play/team work, from a group when you have a new set of Safeties in every week due to injury! They due need to wrap up guys more often instead of just wanting to "Knock-The-FUCK-Out-of-them!!

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Problem is that the scheme is so broken that the more defenses you face, the more confusing the offense seems.

And that's how GRob has played.

A scheme should have an answer for things. Blitzes, dawgs, Rush packages, etc. Our scheme often...just doesn't.

And the problem can be in everything from the spacing between OL to overly complicated calls. We've got OL who are seemingly thinking about where to be instead of smashing big bodies and being there. That's a scheme failure and a communication failure.

In many ways, I think this OL design has been like the Kobayashi Maru. Orlando Pace might have been able to Kirk his way through this mess, but just about everyone else is gonna fail...by design.

I really think of the guys we retain, that we'll see much better play in the new scheme.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The one positive for me was seeing white horns on the helmet. It's been close to 50 years since I've seen them. Seeing Seattle's uniforms, I can think of one reason viewership is down for the NFL this year. Thursday night football is an eyesore.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
OFFENSE
WR P.Cooper 2016 4th round pick this rookie may have the best hands on this master roster. Cooper & IR'd Nelson Spruce give me hope that we have two young ins who can hold onto the ball & be our 3rd & 4th WR's in 2017.

WR Kenny Britt UFA continues to show he is one tough wide out & remains in the running as a possible resign even if Fisher is departed.

WR Brian Quick UFA who is our 3rd wide out is trending upward even if it's @ very slow pace. I would have interest in resigning him if he would come relatively cheap.

OL'er Andrew Donnal looks to have a future as our 5th top reserve OL'er after two back to back starts @ ORG last week being his first start @ ORG. To go with a good relief action @ OLT for GRob & Saffold a month ago.

DEFENCE
MLB Alec Ogletree
would be our best starting MLB since 2001 season when London Fletcher last raged in our defense as a Ram. There is a good chance Tree could have close to 140 tackles when the season ends.

LDE Wm Hayes remains a a very solid left DE as he gets close to his 32nd birthday. Last nights game was his best this season with 6 tackles & a sack same number as Quinn. Hayes continues to set a steal wall edge on the outside runs at his left side & wins most all battles. Hayes, who some members find fault in & have little praise for, is this teams best well rounded DE by a far margin.

WSLB Mark Barron will have over 120 plus tackles this season has started every game & indicates he is one tough skinny Lb'er @ 213 pounds. This will be his best season as a pro. Our new HC should not rush to move Barron back into the SS post in 2017.

Zero

Pro Bowler
WR P.Cooper 2016 4th round pick this rookie may have the best hands on this master roster. Cooper & IR'd Nelson Spruce give me hope that we have two young ins who can hold onto the ball & be our 3rd & 4th WR's in 2017.
really like the potential here

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
really like the potential here
Yyes there is some skills that Goff may can utilize in 2017 like his HANDS. But there are some short comings here too little short, no length small catch radius (should not be an issue for a QB like Goff though) looses out when he is contested for balls by DB's, has Zero wiggle & has no agility in open field. The biggest thing is Cooper lacks any top end speed runs a consistent 40-yard dash: 4.63 seconds. Our MLB'er Tree has an easy 40 Yard Dash in 4.7 Secs

Yet still I like what I see did I mention his hands yet? (y).

Last edited: