Game Day Menu Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'm sorry. I am fresh off of a dinner in which we made home ravioli stuffed with sausage/eggplant/ricotta, then egg washed and breaded before frying. Serving with a homemade red sauce. My wife also used the left over noodle dough to make butter noodles.

Let's just say my pallet is right there. . . . right now.

We plan to do New England Clam Chowder (premade) and hopefully our sour dough start is ready to make homemade sourdough.

It's gonna be a smash mouth type of game.

We need Goff to come and play a composed game.

What do you all have planned for your meals?

Go Rams!

oldnotdead

Legend
My girlfriend is a marvelous cook. She told me she is going to make my favorite birria de res tacos. Homemade tortillas, homemade birria sauce (from scratch) to slow cook the brisket in before shredding. She making two types of tortillas, one for the tacos which is flour & cornmeal mixed, and another straight corn tortilla for making chips to go with her homemade guacamole. Mexican rice with steamed corn on the cob. All washed down with ice cold Modelo Negro.

Real Mexican tacos are not made like Americans normally think of them. The tortillas are washed in birria sauce then lightly grilled, before the simmered shredded beef is placed on the tortilla along with queso (shredded cheese) then folded and grilled on each side. Birria de res street tacos are different. They are the normal corn tortillas that Americans know and are served as soft tacos. There were a few vendors in TJ that really did it right.

That isn't our regular fare BTW. Normally we eat pretty healthy and we both workout at the gym daily and here in Tucson we also bicycle ride several miles a week when the weather is good. But on game days, that's another story. So yeah bro I can totally relate.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We're gonna have a burrito bar. We toast up the tortillas (lightly with oil on one side) then have a setup with black beans, refried, cheddar, cotilla, sour cream, and french fries (I fuckin love french fries in my burrito my Cali upbringin). Gonna pick some up from a fast food joint and chop them. The meat will be flank steak, they used to be cheap but nowadays everyone knows about them sigh. Toss that MFer on the grill and sear it and boy howdy.

Just made the salsa tonight, nothing special but I go heavy cilantro with lemon juice and this time put in some finely chopped pineapple (couldn't get ripe mango) along with chiles de arbol which I love. I like mine with solid kick and the pineapple gives a really good counter not as good as mango but it works.

Whatever happens vs Belicheat I'm gonna be full enough to take a fuckin nap midgame if necessary. :ROFLMAO:

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Man you guys making hungry for some Spanish style food lol.

Ham and Split Pea soup it is.

Now we pull this off ,tomorrow I'll have my 2lb Victory Ribeye Dinner.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've got the wife picking up some pizzas from our favorite place and bringing them home.

I'm gonna be too shit faced to even think about cooking tonight.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We're gonna have a burrito bar. We toast up the tortillas (lightly with oil on one side) then have a setup with black beans, refried, cheddar, cotilla, sour cream, and french fries (I fuckin love french fries in my burrito my Cali upbringin). Gonna pick some up from a fast food joint and chop them. The meat will be flank steak, they used to be cheap but nowadays everyone knows about them sigh. Toss that MFer on the grill and sear it and boy howdy.

Just made the salsa tonight, nothing special but I go heavy cilantro with lemon juice and this time put in some finely chopped pineapple (couldn't get ripe mango) along with chiles de arbol which I love. I like mine with solid kick and the pineapple gives a really good counter not as good as mango but it works.

Whatever happens vs Belicheat I'm gonna be full enough to take a fuckin nap midgame if necessary. :ROFLMAO:
I am also a fan of the Arbol. Great flavor and nice heat.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ve got a hangover so I just popped down M&S and got a few bits. Can’t be cooking feeling like this.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Aw man I'm jealous of these spreads. Work tomorrow for me so I'll watch the game tomorrow evening without knowing the score. Itll be beers and probably get a pizza in. GF is on nights tomorrow so I will have the place to myself - cant wait.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Im going with something super easy.
With a weeknight game, I'm not going to be in the kitchen.

So shredded beef burritos it is.
Just threw a trimmed chuck roast in the slowcooker with Chipotle, taco season and picante salsa.
Ill shred it before game time and add whole black and pinto beans and frozen corn.
Ill also make some cilantro lime rice ahead of time.

Super easy, but delicious.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I’ve got a hangover so I just popped down M&S and got a few bits. Can’t be cooking feeling like this.
WTF.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
My girlfriend is a marvelous cook. She told me she is going to make my favorite birria de res tacos. Homemade tortillas, homemade birria sauce (from scratch) to slow cook the brisket in before shredding. She making two types of tortillas, one for the tacos which is flour & cornmeal mixed, and another straight corn tortilla for making chips to go with her homemade guacamole. Mexican rice with steamed corn on the cob. All washed down with ice cold Modelo Negro.

Real Mexican tacos are not made like Americans normally think of them. The tortillas are washed in birria sauce then lightly grilled, before the simmered shredded beef is placed on the tortilla along with queso (shredded cheese) then folded and grilled on each side. Birria de res street tacos are different. They are the normal corn tortillas that Americans know and are served as soft tacos. There were a few vendors in TJ that really did it right.

That isn't our regular fare BTW. Normally we eat pretty healthy and we both workout at the gym daily and here in Tucson we also bicycle ride several miles a week when the weather is good. But on game days, that's another story. So yeah bro I can totally relate.
That has me drooling.....I may have to make some basic bitch ass tacos as I will not be able to recreate that ^^^ with what I have on hand....and I am already drinkin. Thanks for the inspiration though!! That dish you describe is gonna happen at mi casa soon enough!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ain't nobody want that shit. Its funny actually. If anyone knows who Dave Portnoy is, he owns BarStool Sports and does Pizza Reviews. Towards the beginning of The Rona situation he quarantined in his apt and reviewed frozen pizzas. Here is his Jacks Review.

View: https://youtu.be/Up9xzWhSRoU

You need a 40 to enhance the Jack's experience. I recommend Old English....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I’m going to eat out. Get Five Guys and a quart from Baskin Robbins. I’m love with their pralines, and I haven’t had a good burger in a while.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m going to eat out. Get Five Guys and a quart from Baskin Robbins. I’m love with their pralines, and I haven’t had a good burger in a while.
et tu, Jem? ~ Coldstone
R6vbgle.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
et tu, Jem? ~ Coldstone
R6vbgle.png

You really think I won’t take ice cream when I can get it?

I have almost no standards when it comes to ice cream; I would not object to drowning in ice cream. :p