Game day food

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Try this on for size, very delicious with a bite.
1574.jpeg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Entertaining early today, my son and his bride with my parents, however, everyone knows they have to leave by 7pm.....Grilling rib-eyes (thank goodness for inside grill) with asparagus and a Cavit Pinot Noir although my Dad will insist on a Bass Ale and I will of course join him.
ribeye-steak-how-to-cook-ribeye-steak.jpg

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tri-tip on the grill, Stienlager & Bass ale (black and tan), in the cooler.

"You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning".:cheers:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As I'm celebrating Hanukkah with my parents and grandparents, I'll be having brisket, latkes (potato pancakes) and applesauce, to go along with other things.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I love those!!!!!

Yeah, they're my favorite part of Hanukkah aside from the family moments. I could eat a whole plate-full, if nobody had a problem with that. Problem with that is that everyone likes latkes.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm slow smoking 2 whole chickens Beer Can style. I'm using champaign instead of beer this time along with a different kind of hot sauce for each. One will have a chipotle style hot sauce in the can along with the champaign... the other will have a habanero/veggie hot sauce mixed in it's can. The cans are actually a ceramic holder that holds the chickens upright perfectly... and allows you to put whatever king of liquid you want into it.

Both chickens will be stuffed with garlic and scallions before I put em onto the ceramic holders.

Also making a big pot of black eyed peas. There's gonna be some thick ass bacon and spicy tomatoes cooking in there with the peas. Pour a big heaping amount of this over some rice... BAM

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, they're my favorite part of Hanukkah aside from the family moments. I could eat a whole plate-full, if nobody had a problem with that. Problem with that is that everyone likes latkes.

My mother's side of the family is Jewish, though the families on both sides split and are not in touch. Growing up I had a lot of Jewish food. Plus the city I grew up in, Cleveland, was at the time segmented into neighborhoods/suburbs and to this day still is to a large degree. Meaning there was an Italian area, a Jewish area, a European area and so on. The High School I went to was in one of the 2 suburbs that had an enormous Jewish population, we got Christian and Hebrew holidays off.

I grew up with great deli all over the place, and great Italian food too because the Italian population was massive............CLE has a very big Little Italy area one of the biggest in the US maybe the biggest outside of NYC. It's actually one of the things I miss because here in SWFL there isn't shit for good deli or pizza and I was used to having it everywhere.

If any of you guys haven't had traditionally made latkes Google it and make a batch..........

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm slow smoking 2 whole chickens Beer Can style. I'm using champaign instead of beer this time along with a different kind of hot sauce for each. One will have a chipotle style hot sauce in the can along with the champaign... the other will have a habanero/veggie hot sauce mixed in it's can. The cans are actually a ceramic holder that holds the chickens upright perfectly... and allows you to put whatever king of liquid you want into it.

Both chickens will be stuffed with garlic and scallions before I put em onto the ceramic holders.

Also making a big pot of black eyed peas. There's gonna be some thick ass bacon and spicy tomatoes cooking in there with the peas. Pour a big heaping amount of this over some rice... BAM

Pro tip for you. Though as much as you cook you may know this.

Smoked chicken soup is fantastic.

I used to set aside meat from the chickens I smoked after pulling all of it off of the carcasses and then threw the carcasses onto chicken broth and let it simmer for hours. Then near the end would add the meat and whatever veggies I decided on. I always used a lot of the meat in the soup.

It is the best chicken soup you will EVER have.

The spicy sauces may not be conducive to soup for some people, but the hell with them for me they would be excellent.

Also smoked chicken enchiladas are world beaters!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
We were invited to a fellow Ram fans for barbecue ribs, with a side of roast bear!!

I asked my wife if she would like to wear my Warner jersey, or Goff jersey to the party. Cuz, you know. Ladies first.

Bringing some Mac-n-cheese and vino with us.

Word has it my buddies in-law will be there....he’s from Chicago. :sneaky:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We were invited to a fellow Ram fans for barbecue ribs, with a side of roast bear!!

I asked my wife if she would like to wear my Warner jersey, or Goff jersey to the party. Cuz, you know. Ladies first.

Bringing some Mac-n-cheese and vino with us.

Word has it my buddies in-law will be there....he’s from Chicago. :sneaky:

I've never had bear..........post a pic of that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Pro tip for you. Though as much as you cook you may know this.

Smoked chicken soup is fantastic.

I used to set aside meat from the chickens I smoked after pulling all of it off of the carcasses and then threw the carcasses onto chicken broth and let it simmer for hours. Then near the end would add the meat and whatever veggies I decided on. I always used a lot of the meat in the soup.

It is the best chicken soup you will EVER have.

The spicy sauces may not be conducive to soup for some people, but the hell with them for me they would be excellent.

Also smoked chicken enchiladas are world beaters!

I make my chicken tortilla soup from the chicken I smoke. That's why I always smoke / slow indirect grill 2 whole chickens. Whatever is left goes into the soup.

Excellent tip Brudda Les.