Game Balls for Today? Let's do 3.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
My 1st would be to OL and rookies. Great job.

2ND would be Gurley. 97 yards and 36 receiving. Nice to see him back somewhat.

3RD would be Josh Reynolds for stepping up and having a good game.

Looking forward to seeing yours. I was watching game but busy at the time. Going to replay it here in a bit and might change my choices, but for right now I stand with these.. Cheers! :party:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Agree w/ all of your picks Dagonet. And add Mundt & Higbee great job helping w/ blocking. Also Troy Hill balled out today "again" since he's been starting.

TexasRam

Legend
Mcvay - Came in with the right approach. Ultra Conservative. He went maybe too conservative actually by running it a little much, but He put the game on our defense and running game almost all game. Even better, towards the end of the game he broke out the passing game and Trusted Goff and the Oline, and at that point it caught the Bears off guard. Mcvay is growing, and maybe a little funky as he works through the run/pass balance, but he's evolving.

Goff- Huge Throws at critical times. Should have had an excellent stat line with 3 TD's but a Kupp yard short, a Illegal procedure penalty on the Offense on Reynolds catch and A goaline run by Brown took some TD's off his stat line. He don't care. He hit Critical perfect throws and reads to Reynolds and Everett to win the game at the end.

Gurley -Ran hard and I do believe his Knee is still painful, but he ran for hard yards today for the win for us.

The Rooks up front did their thing but I am past my 3 gameball limit!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My vote :

Gurley says he 'felt like the old Todd' in best game of season vs. Bears
gettyimages-1188305165.jpg

Cameron DaSilva

1 hour ago

Sean McVay hasn’t made it a point to feature Todd Gurley much on offense this season. Coming into Week 11, Gurley didn’t have a single game with at least 20 touches and only topped 100 total yards once (Week 1) this season.
That changed on Sunday night against the Bears.

McVay called Gurley’s number throughout the game, getting him a season-high 28 touches. He turned those opportunities into 97 yards rushing on 25 carries and 36 yards on three receptions, looking like his old self under the bright lights of the Coliseum.
After the game, he seemed pleased with his performance. He told reporters that he “felt good” and felt like his old self.

The Rams hadn’t seen that version of Gurley at all this season, but clearly he can still be an effective running back when given the chance. He had a long run of 13 yards and a 23-yard reception, showing the usual burst and cutting Rams fans have gotten used to seeing.
After the game, McVay evaluated Gurley’s performance and said getting him the ball was part of the game plan.
“That was part of the game plan tonight,” McVay said. “I thought he did a great job. What I loved the most about what Todd did was after we put the first carry on the ground, he didn’t flinch. He came back, had some good tough, physical runs, made some good catches out of the backfield and he was a big-time contributor tonight.”
About 10 minutes before kickoff, McVay told Gurley that the Rams were going to “pound the rock” and for him to get ready. Needless to say, he was.

As McVay mentioned, Gurley did fumble the ball on his first carry, but it was uphill from there. He never had another miscue and helped carry the offense to victory. It wasn’t the vintage 150-yard, two-touchdown performance we’ve seen in the past, but he was productive and looked like a workhorse again.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My vote :

Cameron DaSilva

1 hour ago

Sean McVay hasn’t made it a point to feature Todd Gurley much on offense this season. Coming into Week 11, Gurley didn’t have a single game with at least 20 touches and only topped 100 total yards once (Week 1) this season.

McVay called Gurley’s number throughout the game, getting him a season-high 28 touches. He turned those opportunities into 97 yards rushing on 25 carries and 36 yards on three receptions, looking like his old self under the bright lights of the Coliseum.
After the game, he seemed pleased with his performance. He told reporters that he “felt good” and felt like his old self.

The Rams hadn’t seen that version of Gurley at all this season, but clearly he can still be an effective running back when given the chance. He had a long run of 13 yards and a 23-yard reception, showing the usual burst and cutting Rams fans have gotten used to seeing.
After the game, McVay evaluated Gurley’s performance and said getting him the ball was part of the game plan.
“That was part of the game plan tonight,” McVay said. “I thought he did a great job. What I loved the most about what Todd did was after we put the first carry on the ground, he didn’t flinch. He came back, had some good tough, physical runs, made some good catches out of the backfield and he was a big-time contributor tonight.”
About 10 minutes before kickoff, McVay told Gurley that the Rams were going to “pound the rock” and for him to get ready. Needless to say, he was.

As McVay mentioned, Gurley did fumble the ball on his first carry, but it was uphill from there. He never had another miscue and helped carry the offense to victory. It wasn’t the vintage 150-yard, two-touchdown performance we’ve seen in the past, but he was productive and looked like a workhorse again.

You have 2 more votes after him.. lol

Zodi

Hall of Fame
How about our young (only 33) coach for coming up with a game plan that seemingly even had the commentary crew stumped?

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
1) Defense. They were just fantastic today. They were on the field a long time and held up, even through early turnovers and mistakes.

2) Gurley. He ran hard and smart and looked great.

3) OL. The kids did great.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't know how the list doesn't begin with Aaron Donald, he was everywhere last night. And Ramsey, holy smokes. 10 ppg since he came aboard.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Ramsey- he’s a difference maker. The D is suffocating with him. I got the sense that the Bears were being squeezed by a boa constrictor. We gave up one score. Ramsey is a huge reason.

Evans - He shocked the hell out me. He looked like a dancing bear out there. Nimble feet and power.

Goff - Those deep balls are what separates him from average QBs. And the ball to Everett was a laser. Goff stepped up when he gained confidence in his OL. Who’d a thunk it?

Honorable Mention - Donald - He’s unreal.

fearsomefour

Legend
Evans...not overwhelmed and played well.

TEs....Higbee And Mundt despite both being listed on the injury report played a key role in the OL success.

DL....Donald was Donald, but, the DL dominated the Bears OL in the running game and Joseph-Day had a very strong game.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Agree w/ all of your picks Dagonet. And add Mundt & Higbee great job helping w/ blocking. Also Troy Hill balled out today "again" since he's been starting.

It’s been a long climb for Rams’ Troy Hill, but he’s cornered a job and Bears saw why

Troy Hill kept the football tucked in his left hand as long as possible.

Following his second-quarter interception Sunday, the Rams’ cornerback was patted on the back and pounded on the head. He was wrapped in enthusiastic embraces and warmly wrangled back to the bench. He returned to the sideline with a right hand free for high fives and handshakes.

His left arm, however, remained occupied by his keepsake all along.

“I was about to just keep on going,” Hill said, smiling widely in the wake of the Rams’ 17-7 win over the Chicago Bears. “I was about to take it back home, go give it to my mom.”

Eventually, Hill relinquished the pigskin to a team ball boy. His diving snag of Mitch Trubisky’s tipped pass, after all, wasn’t his first career interception or impact play. Rather, it was the latest validation of Hill’s potentially permanent starting status.

A perennial backup before this season, Hill now tops the depth chart in the Rams secondary. The team’s mid-season shake-up — which saw starting cornerbacks Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib depart as Jalen Ramsey arrived — has thrust the former spot-starter into a first-string role for the foreseeable future.

“In my head,” Hill, 29, said earlier this month, “I was like, ‘This is an opportunity I’ve got to take advantage of.’ ”

464653_SP_1117_rams_bears11_WJS.jpg

Quietly, Hill has become one of the Rams’ longest-tenured players. Since being claimed by the club late in 2015, he has appeared in 50 games while bouncing in and out of the starting lineup. He made four starts early in 2016, three more in relief of an injured Kayvon Webster late in 2017, and seven after Talib got hurt in the middle of last season.

Hill has never had an opportunity such as this though. After signing a two-year contract extension in the offseason, the starting job is now his to lose.

After struggling in Pittsburgh last week, his fourth start of the season, he shined against the Bears on Sunday. He recorded six tackles, knocked away three passes, and had a sack. Three plays after Hill’s interception — part of Trubisky’s injury-shortened 24-for-43, 190-yard passing display — the Rams scored a touchdown to go ahead by two scores.

“I know I get a lot of recognition or whatever it may be,” said Ramsey, the Rams’ high-profile acquisition who plays the other corner in the new-look defensive backfield. “But Troy’s been balling. Seriously.”

That Hill is in the league is a mini-miracle. Brought up in the backstreets of Youngstown, Ohio, he was sent by his mother to live with an uncle in Ventura for his high school years. After starring at St. Bonaventure High, he played collegiately at Oregon but didn’t get drafted. He found free-agent opportunities, but was released by the Cincinnati Bengals and New England Patriots in 2015.

Away from the field, he’s had issues three times — once with the Ducks and twice with the Rams, most recently a two-week suspension to start the 2017 season for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.

A wake-up call came as he served that last punishment. On Sept. 11, 2017, his daughter was born. Suddenly, “She’s looking at me like I can do no wrong,” Hill said. “When you’ve got a responsibility like that, it becomes even deeper.”

So, when Hill — who coaches say was never a distraction in the locker room — returned to the team, he reset his focus. He embraced a special teams role while biding his time for a bigger opportunity.

“You can tell, he’s one of those guys that was built to want to do whatever it took to make a team and carve out a role for himself,” Rams special teams coach John Fassel said. “He’s persevered. It’s been awesome to see him just hang in there, and then get rewarded for having a pretty important role.”

On a team that has seen mid-season personnel changes along the offensive line, at receiver and in the secondary, the Rams are hoping Hill can handle his new duties on defense and deliver the kind of under-the-radar production the Rams will need to climb back into the playoff picture.

“The more you play, the more you learn,” Hill said. “The more you get the feel for the game, you understand, ‘I did that wrong with my technique,’ or, ‘I need to stay tapped in longer.’ ”

Though his game Sunday wasn’t perfect — Hill was beaten for a completion on the Bears’ only scoring drive, and committed a third-down penalty that extended one of Chicago’s fourth-quarter possessions — his interception proved to be the pivotal play in the team’s defensive masterpiece.

“When you’ve got Jalen on the other side of you, you’re going to get a lot of opportunities to make a lot of plays,” Hill said. “You’ve got to go one game at a time, one play at a time, and keep focusing. Let it come to me.”

Years of experience ringing in his head, he repeated for emphasis: “That’s my thing. I’ve got to let it come to me.”

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Don't screw with what has been working the last couple of seasons. Running Gurley 20 plus times is a game winning strategy. Everything else revolves around that.

McVay finally goes back to it and comes away with a win.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
My vote :

Cameron DaSilva

1 hour ago

For this I take complete credit as obviously TG reads ROD and was motivated by my quotes regarding his aloofness

You're welcome in advance

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I would say game balls to:

Oline, almost all rookies AND new positions. Kromer and the line pulled a Patriots move last night and "Did Their Job!"

Reynolds - He isn't as sweet as Woods, but that deep bomb that was called back..............very nice!

Donald and Hill - Donald was all over the field and only one draw play that was run through his gap looked bad, Hill was solid.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My game ball goes to the blockers up front, particularly the guys who had to step into the starting line-up: Bobby Evans, David Edwards, and Austin Corbett.

Also, could the mods give my money to @Corbin because I have no idea how, and he called Edwards as a starter in our friendly bet?

dang

Legend
Giving to the OL is too vague so...
1. Evans -great debut
2. Gurley - great recovery
3. THE “one and only” Donald - just plain great