Funny Sirius satellite radio story!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

So about two weeks ago now my Sirius sat radio starts fading out in my car. Mind you I've had this service for 6-7 years now without fail.

So I try all the re-start stuff and request a "refresh" signal be sent...nothing....

So I call them and of course I get a woman who speaks almost zero English! After letting my frustration out on her she transfers me...and you guessed it, yet another non-English speaking "helper" comes on line!

After I blow my stack on her they decide my radio is obviously broken so they will send me a new one for free since I'm such a nice guy and all!

Oh no, it's not over, in fact it is just starting to get good now!

New radio arrives, plug it in...zero reception..squat! Zilch! Nada!

Back on the phone I go! Yep. Same language barrier issues!

Finally after I have semi-learned 3 foreign languages faster than I ever could have with Rosetta Stone, I hear the phone operator say they are going to give me an additional 3 months free service on top of the 6 months I was currently on, carrying me to Dec 27th of this year on their "All Access" plan (which is awesome btw, allows access on my iPhone and online!).

But I tell her "what good is that if my car radio doesn't work?"

Getting no where, I hang up and decide to try the refresh thing again when I have more time.

Meanwhile my car is due for an inspection and I notice it's been having a real hard time starting "lately."

So my mechanic calls me yesterday and says my battery is all but dead, it's the factory original (car has 130k), so he replaces it.

My oldest boy picked it up for me and I asked him how it was running and he said "much better."

So I run to the garage when I got home...started it up (very quick start!) and........ turned on the satellite radio....

Yep...

WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!!!

Lo and behold, the radio stopped working because the battery was dying and did not have enough power to pull from!

So in the end, through not fault of their own, I got Sirius to pony up for a free new radio along with 3 additional frees months of service!

Who knew life could be so rewarding?

I figure I had this coming to me since their customer UNservice put me through heck and back with their employees!

P.S. LONG before this happened I was alerted by a fellow Sirius customer to call and threaten them to shut off my service and they'd sweeten the pot and man did they ever. I've been on the "less than half pay" membership for 1.5 years now before this most recent 9 months FREE. AND I made them give me the "All Access" which is worth it's wait in gold if you have a computer and/or smart phone!

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Lol nice. I was at a conference a few years back when I learned a very valuable lesson. When u press English, u go to India, when u press Spanish, you go to Texas. Always push Spanish and speak to an American from Texas.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
So you're not sending the new radio back with an apology ?
I had a similar problem with some boat horns but it was a ground , after they sent me the new horns (I'd bought a pair previously) the pair that wasn't working began to work, but they'd already sent the new ones, I called and told them , they said to keep them .

Audi had a problem with that mid 80's if your voltage fell below 13.5 volts the electronic ignition cut out even though the battery was strong enough to turn the engine over it still wouldn't start.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The bad English speaking call centres pizz me off. I'm not sure how any business believes that's providing good customer service.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The bad English speaking call centres pizz me off. I'm not sure how any business believes that's providing good customer service.

I like to call it "The Sales Prevention Department". Why make an enemy out of a customer when you can make a friend is what I always say.

It's call center not centre by the way.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Time warner called me like 4 weeks in a row and every time it was an Indian accent and I was constantly saying "what? Sorry I can't understand you" I literally could not understand what they were saying... at one point after the 10th time of the dude telling me something I paused, tried my best to think what the he'll did he just tell me and I ended up saying "sorry I really can't hear you, what?" .... dude was so pissed. So like a day later I get a automated phone call saying press 1 if you enjoy your service, press 2 if not. I'm assuming this is what they were trying to ask me because I haven't got a call since pressing 1.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol nice. I was at a conference a few years back when I learned a very valuable lesson. When u press English, u go to India, when u press Spanish, you go to Texas. Always push Spanish and speak to an American from Texas.

No such luck! I've called back 3 more times since my OP and there is now "press 1 or 2" with this outfit and YES, I've gotten a foreign speaking rep EVERY SINGLE TIME including when I asked today for a supervisor!

When the dude "Victor" got on the line I just let out a deep sigh and hung up.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yea, I love talking to "Brian" who can't say his own damn name