From NFL.Com about Frank Cigentti

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

markstewart67

Rookie
1. Private Eye Frank Cigentti's Run As A Pro Football Play-Caller: On a day that saw the Ramsdefense limit Pittsburgh to just 12 points, the St. Louis offense could score only six. We've talked many times on the Around The NFL Podcast about Rams play-caller Frank Cignetti moonlighting on the side as a no-nonsense private eye, but that gig is clearly getting in the way of his day job. We heard all week that Cignetti was absorbed in a heat-seeking missing persons case in Los Angeles. Instead of mapping out plays in St. Louis, his hours were spent tailing suspects through Hollywood and South Central in pursuit of a potential Jane Doe. Cignetti's become obsessed. The case is eating up his free time and keeping him up at night. Ol' Frank just can't shake his love for detective work -- and it cost theRams at home in Week 3.
Thoughts?? Is he our man??
GO RAMS!!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm being patient and I have liked some of his plays and play calling, but get TA the damn ball. I turned on 101 and caught Fisher saying "We have to find ways to get Austin the ball."

How long has he been saying that? Three years or so? I know how to solve your problem. Hand him the ball or throw it to him. Either one or both is just fine. A lot, please.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Better than Schottenheimer, at least his playcalling doesn't involve putting his tail between his legs. Now it's just a matter of execution by our guys.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It's all fine to harp on the Coordinator, and I did my fair share of it when Schotty is here. But, what we are seeing is Fisher's offense. I have no problem with a West Coast style in the passing game, hell, we saw the Packers shred the Chiefs last night with short passes all day. The difference is execution. It's a Fisher problem, and in year 4, it shouldn't be.

Also, who's idea was the zone run blocking? Is that Cig's baby? Fisher, do me a favor pull an "Old Yeller" on that idea. It isn't working.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm not ready to blame Frank. I mean the playcalling is obviously there. The execution and lack of commitment is what's still hurting us, and that's been here longer than Frank has been our OC. That falls on Fisher, I find it way too hard to believe that Cigs has been here for a couple of months and he's already falling into the same pitfalls as Schottenheimer.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Just Block the Damn backside if you are gonna zone block with your slow footed hand picked power run blocking Maulers. We may actually get a first down running the freaking ball. The cards have not beaten anyone yet. Get over the 3-4 defense is harder to block mindset. Pick a guy and pancake his ass. Bring in Harkey now and get him to the second level or have him shut the back door. Either way we should have much more success running the ball. As a past OL I know its easier to pick one style and stick with it. I preffered to block man up and do some crossbuck blocking and trap blocking if we have someone quick enough to get it done. Then work our PA passing. NO INJURIES!!!

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
1. Private Eye Frank Cigentti's Run As A Pro Football Play-Caller: On a day that saw the Ramsdefense limit Pittsburgh to just 12 points, the St. Louis offense could score only six. We've talked many times on the Around The NFL Podcast about Rams play-caller Frank Cignetti moonlighting on the side as a no-nonsense private eye, but that gig is clearly getting in the way of his day job. We heard all week that Cignetti was absorbed in a heat-seeking missing persons case in Los Angeles. Instead of mapping out plays in St. Louis, his hours were spent tailing suspects through Hollywood and South Central in pursuit of a potential Jane Doe. Cignetti's become obsessed. The case is eating up his free time and keeping him up at night. Ol' Frank just can't shake his love for detective work -- and it cost theRams at home in Week 3.
Thoughts?? Is he our man??
GO RAMS!!!

don't understand is tis a joke I missed

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
It's Professor Plum with the rope in the study

image.jpg

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
It is interesting that Cignetti comes in saying he wants to simplify the offense to help our guys out. . .

Then somewhere in there they decide we need to make the Oline's assignments more complicated.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If we're being honest it doesn't matter who the play caller is if the players don't execute. We have seen time and time again missed blocks, dropped passes and opportunities just plain missed.
Have there been a few bad calls? Sure, every coordinator is guilty of that.

But if we executed half the plays we've missed the outcome would be much different.

I guess we should start by putting a light dimmer in the dome :D

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
It's all fine to harp on the Coordinator, and I did my fair share of it when Schotty is here. But, what we are seeing is Fisher's offense. I have no problem with a West Coast style in the passing game, hell, we saw the Packers shred the Chiefs last night with short passes all day. The difference is execution. It's a Fisher problem, and in year 4, it shouldn't be.

Also, who's idea was the zone run blocking? Is that Cig's baby? Fisher, do me a favor pull an "Old Yeller" on that idea. It isn't working.

You asked the right question Chris. Now the media needs to ask Cig and Fish your question,

"Who's idea was it to run a zone blocking scheme with behemoth power blockers? Did Frank Cignetti brainstorm that abomination? Or was zone blocking your abortion Jeff?

The answer to your question Chris requires a black and white answer. A or B? Either Or? ... Right? Jeff Fisher is a master obfuscator and I want to watch Jeff crawfish backwards snapping his claws.