FRO Mock 1.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Going to make it very clear, I'm not a cap guy so I'm not sure the money will all work.
Fire:
- Jeff Fisher
- Offensive coaching staff

Analysis- Fisher has had 4 years to build a winner. He hasn't. Time to move on. We are keeping the defensive staff, but the offensive staff is gone.

Hire:
- David Shaw HC
- Ken Wisenhunt OC

Analysis- Shaw runs a system at Stanford that fits our personnel. He runs a prostyle offense with an heavy emphasis on the run game. He has an NFL history, so the NFL game isn't foreign to him. Wisenhunt ran a run heavy offense in Pittsburgh and is a solid OC.

Cut:
Nick Foles QB
Kenny Britt WR
Jared Cook TE
Chris Long DE

Analysis- The only one that hurts is Long. He has been getting hurt far too often and we cannot afford him anymore. Would love to bring him back at a reduced rate, he may want to go to a sure fire winning organization.

Resign
Corey Harkey TE
Tim Barnes C
William Hayes DE
Eugene Simms DE
Nick Fairly DT
Daren Bates LB
Janoris Jenkins CB
Trumaine Johnson CB
Rodney McLeod FS
Greg Zuerline K

Analysis:
I'm not a cap guy, but I know Jenkins is going to get paid. Johnson should get a solid contract and Zuerline and McLeod should get average contracts at their positions. The rest of the guys get lower tier contracts.

Sign:
Chase Daniel QB Kansas City
Marvin Jones WR Cincinnati
Antonio Gates TE San Diego

Analysis- Alshon Jeffrey won't be a free agent, but if he is he is the one guy I go all in for. Daniel is a homer move by me. The guy was terrific in college, destroys the preseason every year, never has gotten an extended shot in the regular season. He is brought in to compete with a rookie and Mannion for the starting job. Jones is a solid, young, starting WR. Gates is the big name get. Yes he is old, but is still productive. The Chargers are rebuilding and would probably resign Green over Gates. Gates played for Wisenhunt and would give our young QB a dependable veteran target. I don't see Gates costing large amounts of money or years.

Trade:
Picks 17, 45, and 2017 third to Jacksonville for pick 7.

Analysis- After missing out on their offensive line and DB targets, the Jaguars look to move down and obtain picks. This is a similar move up we made to get Austin, but I added a future third to get the deal done. We need to leapfrog the 49ers and Texans to get our guy.

Draft:
1- Jared Goff QB California- He is the QB I covet. Great arm talent. Good zip and great accuracy. He is very decisive and the ball comes out quick. One of the most underrated aspects to playing QB is pocket presence and movement. This guys is ridiculously impressive moving and avoiding rushers in the pocket. Makes wow throws.

View: http://youtu.be/2TcwdHWD3YU

2- Tyler Boyd WR Pittsburgh- Very fluid athlete. Can go up and get the ball and is a very good hands catcher. Reminds me of Keenan Allen.

View: http://youtu.be/QSh6yeGjWs8

3- Rashard Highins WR Colorado State- When I was looking at QBs in the 2015 draft this WR caught my eye. His production has slipped without Grayson, but the guy is plenty talented. A dynamic playmaker.

View: http://youtu.be/rXNFdMsgmys

4- Nick Martin C Notre Dame- We tried to get his brother, but we get him. Martin is our developmental C of the future.

QB- Daniel/Goff/Mannion
RB- Gurley
FB- Harkey
WR1- Jones
WR2- Austin
WR3- Boyd
TE- Gates
LT- Robinson
LG- Brown
C- Barnes
RG- Saffold
RT- Havenstien

DE- Quinn
DT- Brockers
DT- Donald
DE- Hayes
OLB- Ogletree
MLB- Laurinaitis
OLB- Ayers
CB- Jenkins
CB- Johnson
SCB- Joyner
SS- McDonald
FS- McLeod

K- Zuerline
P- Hekker

Stel

Starter
I think you would have a lot of trouble making the money work. Other than that, I could live with it. A few observations:

1. Gates will be 36 next season. Not much left in the tank and won't come cheap.
2. Would need another DE for the rotation.
3. I think Barron is more valuable to the defense than McLeod.
4. Was looking at Chase Daniel earlier today (great minds?). I think I'd rather have him right now than Foles. He can move around enough to extend plays and he is a really smart player.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Barron is going to cost much more than McLeod and I'm hoping Alexander can fill his role.

As far as Gates, yes he is ancient, but in 4 games he has 28 catches for 312 yards and 2 TDs. He can still get it done for maybe another year or two. Tony Gonzalez was productive when he was 36 and 37. Both are simar types.

As far as rotational DE, I'm giving Westbrooks and Longacre their shot.

Stel

Starter
I think Barron will be cheaper than McLeod. We'll see, but I think a hybrid SS/OLB will cost less than a FS.

FRO

Legend
I think Barron will be cheaper than McLeod. We'll see, but I think a hybrid SS/OLB will cost less than a FS.
Interesting. I think he played so well a team needing a starting box safety or wanting a hybrid type will be all over him. We'll see. I think we have an in house replacement for both.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@FRO I agree Go O all day and right the ship.

Draft:
QB, WR, OL,QB,WR,OL,QB,WR,OL and so on and so on...... Until we have good ones. to even consider reloading at the positions on D we have recently drafted or acquired through FA is mis management
Our O needs to catch up with our D and that alone will give the D a rest and serve more than any 1 player we can add.
PS Love Goff but he is a deep ball guy we would need size and speed at WR to take full advantage.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Sounds good to me, I'd take it. I was thinking we'd need to draft an LT to replace GRob, but Battle may just be the guy. Love Chase Daniels, I've secretly wished he'd be a Ram for a while now.
Goff looks great, but can he not throw a spiral? every pass looks like a wobbly duck.

FRO

Legend
Sounds good to me, I'd take it. I was thinking we'd need to draft an LT to replace GRob, but Battle may just be the guy. Love Chase Daniels, I've secretly wished he'd be a Ram for a while now.
Goff looks great, but can he not throw a spiral? every pass looks like a wobbly duck.
Warner threw some ducks too. The ball is accurate, on time, and with zip. That's what matters to me.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Fire Fisher? Check
Draft a QB in the first round? Check

Good enough for me.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ref. the Barron cost after this season...? Usually Strong Safeties do not demand big paydays. SS are much more easier finds in NFL drafts than free/deep safeties. Is Barron a known upper tier SS? Barron does not have that proof in his NFL resume. In college yes, 4 yrs of NFL No.

Starting UFA OSLB'ers will demand more than UFA SS's but Barron does not want to be called a Lber. Barron is not a OSLB'er for most all NFL teams. Can you name the team where Barron would be a outstanding fit where these teams will pay big for his services? Barron has been available to start 44 out of 57 NFL games.

Could be that our DC Gregg is ahead of the rest of the NFL in how he is using Barron but AZ has a smaller ILB'er who was a college star DB like Barron starting in their dynamic defense. It may be trending just don't know. I just do not see the other 31 other teams throwing truckloads of $$$ at Mark Barron.

Bottom line here I think Mark Barron's best overall deal can be made here by Demoff.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is that if the Rams trade up to #7 and draft a QB, that QB is the day #1 starter.
Not a fan of Shaw. Other than the whole "Looks like Morpheus" thing, he doesnt impress me. Stanford has lost a bunch of big games they should have won.
Also, I want the new HC to be an offensive mind

I'd love to see the Rams come away from the draft with a QB and Boyd in rounds 1 and 2 though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft is good but not a fan of the rest of the off-season.