free agent thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Someone will overpay for Malik Jackson because they will forget that he was bookended by Von Miller and Demarcus Ware and played alongside Derek Wolfe. There are a lot of guys that would look good in his spot and that is why the Broncos are letting him free agency. They can't sign them all and best to keep the real stars in the fold.

If the Rams wanted to get a Guard in FA Osemele can really make the running game go, but I think they stick with the youth.

On that note I also think they stick with Barnes or a draftee rather than spend money on a Center

Olivier Vernon would be a great signing. JPP or M. Williams would too, with Quinns injury I would be hedging my bets on a guy that could play over OLT. I think Vernon could do it.

If the Rams are not wanting to spend big at DE, they could target Derrick Shelby who is just coming into his own as a DE and could rotate with Hayes.

The Rams need to resign Hayes IMO.

If McLeod gets too much money from other teams the Rams have the safeties on the roster to fill in for him. Mo Alexander could be the guy.

If JJ signs elsewhere the Rams could look at Casey Hayward. He is a versatile, and intelligent player that is fundamentally sound and can play inside and out. He could be security if Gaines is not ready. If not Hayward PacMan could be reunited with the Fish and slide right into the defense.

Seattle best make some moves for Olinemen if they want to return to their old form.

The Rams need to come way with one pass catcher minimum. I think Marvin Jones or Benjamin are the top guys but Jones may be a little cheaper.

The Rams cannot let Barron walk if they want their plan to stay in tact.

Stephen Tulloch or Tahir Whitehead could be viable backup MLBs in case Ogletree goes down, or doesn't work out. For that matter they could resign Laurinitis for the same reason, at a lesser price.

I would trade Foles if at all possible then draft someone. If not then try to acquire Glennon. I am not enamored with the other options.

The Rams should spend money on their own but in addition DE and WR should be the top priority.

Ram65

Legend
Olivier Vernon would be a great signing. JPP or M. Williams would too, with Quinns injury I would be hedging my bets on a guy that could play over OLT. I think Vernon could do it.

I like Mario Williams. I Hayes but he is better in rotation.

With all the QB attention in the draft I really haven't looked at the free agents as much. A lot depends on signing their own players. A WR and/or TE would be next on my wish list. Marvin Jones would be nice. Looked good last year,

Wonder when we would start a good free agent threat. Nice start Elm..

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Someone will overpay for Malik Jackson because they will forget that he was bookended by Von Miller and Demarcus Ware and played alongside Derek Wolfe. There are a lot of guys that would look good in his spot and that is why the Broncos are letting him free agency. They can't sign them all and best to keep the real stars in the fold.

If the Rams wanted to get a Guard in FA Osemele can really make the running game go, but I think they stick with the youth.

On that note I also think they stick with Barnes or a draftee rather than spend money on a Center

If the Rams are not wanting to spend big at DE, they could target Derrick Shelby who is just coming into his own as a DE and could rotate with Hayes.

The Rams need to resign Hayes IMO.

If McLeod gets too much money from other teams the Rams have the safeties on the roster to fill in for him. Mo Alexander could be the guy.

If JJ signs elsewhere the Rams could look at Casey Hayward. He is a versatile, and intelligent player that is fundamentally sound and can play inside and out. He could be security if Gaines is not ready. If not Hayward PacMan could be reunited with the Fish and slide right into the defense.

Seattle best make some moves for Olinemen if they want to return to their old form.

The Rams need to come way with one pass catcher minimum. I think Marvin Jones or Benjamin are the top guys but Jones may be a little cheaper.

The Rams cannot let Barron walk if they want their plan to stay in tact.

Stephen Tulloch or Tahir Whitehead could be viable backup MLBs in case Ogletree goes down, or doesn't work out. For that matter they could resign Laurinitis for the same reason, at a lesser price.

I would trade Foles if at all possible then draft someone. If not then try to acquire Glennon. I am not enamored with the other options.

The Rams should spend money on their own but in addition DE and WR should be the top priority.

I think I would add a FA at TE to your list, Elmgrove.

And maybe a second WR, too. Kearse, perhaps?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think I would add a FA at TE to your list, Elmgrove.

And maybe a second WR, too. Kearse, perhaps?

I wonder what Ladarius Greene will get. In a way he reminds me of Cook though. He has all the tools but didn't produce like expected. He is a much better blocker though.

Maybe having a blocking TE in Kendricks is all they need and they can have an offense that doesn't use a receiving TE as much.......at least until they find one. I really like that TE from South Carolina, Jerrell Adams. He sounds like a project with a high ceiling and he is a willing blocker too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wonder what Ladarius Greene will get. In a way he reminds me of Cook though. He has all the tools but didn't produce like expected. He is a much better blocker though.

Maybe having a blocking TE in Kendricks is all they need and they can have an offense that doesn't use a receiving TE as much.......at least until they find one. I really like that TE from South Carolina, Jerrell Adams. He sounds like a project with a high ceiling and he is a willing blocker too.

Ladarius Green is interesting. He was a tall gangly receiver coming out of Louisiana-Lafayette, stuck behind Antonio Gates in San Diego (which has to factor into why he didn't produce). Maybe he produces elsewhere?