Free agent running backs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Should the team look into picking up one of these veteran rbs? If they choose to let Benny walk and the money is right I can see a vet benefiting Gurley and the team . Jamal Charles comes to mind because he would be a great 1 -2 punch with Gurley and could be productive if used the right way . Mcvay used a few backs last year and I doubt they go into the season with Brown as Gurleys back up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would say no Adi. This year's RB group is pretty sick, and we need to go with Gurley in a featured role and save that cap space. There are going to be a lot of RBs from this crop filling in rosters, and it's one of the reasons we don't see teams moving on these vets. Rams are better off than most too, IMO, with Gurley>Cunningham as their 1-2. Even if Cunningham moves on, I'd prefer they roll the dice on the draft and UDFA ranks to load the rest of the RB roster. EDIT: oh and btw I really like Brown as a depth option, maybe even as a 2.

There are going to be guys like Jamaal Williams going mid to late rounds in this one. If it's me, I'd stand pat even if Cunningham departs.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I would much rather plug Tavon in at RB then waste a draft pick on one. He easily would go in the 2nd round of any draft.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would say no Adi. This year's RB group is pretty sick, and we need to go with Gurley in a featured role and save that cap space. There are going to be a lot of RBs from this crop filling in rosters, and it's one of the reasons we don't see teams moving on these vets. Rams are better off than most too, IMO, with Gurley>Cunningham as their 1-2. Even if Cunningham moves on, I'd prefer they roll the dice on the draft and UDFA ranks to load the rest of the RB roster. EDIT: oh and btw I really like Brown as a depth option, maybe even as a 2.

There are going to be guys like Jamaal Williams going mid to late rounds in this one. If it's me, I'd stand pat even if Cunningham departs.
This^ covers it for me too!(y)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Most of the FA RBs have WAY TOO MANY miles on them at this point. They are just moments from a breakdown.

My choice would be to pick one up just coming out of college. Even if he's undrafted.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Most of the FA RBs have WAY TOO MANY miles on them at this point. They are just moments from a breakdown.

My choice would be to pick one up just coming out of college. Even if he's undrafted.
I'm the opposite i would prefer a vet that could help Gurley mature and then they wouldn't have to waste a pick . Jamal Charles just seems perfect to me but I doubt they get him

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm the opposite i would prefer a vet that could help Gurley mature and then they wouldn't have to waste a pick . Jamal Charles just seems perfect to me but I doubt they get him

Right on.

I suspect that most of these "Big Time" FA RBs will have to wait until training camps open up to find a new home. I bet some of them will hold out until then hoping that a team loses their RB to injury so that they can collect more $ than they are worth because of a team's desperation.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe

Aaron Green! We should have never waived him last summer, the dude has so much potential!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hell no to Peterson. Dude fell off last year, and the way he physically abused his kid has always sat with me wrong.

I wouldn't mind Charles if we can't re-sign Cunningham (which we better). He's better than Brown and Green as a third down back spelling Gurley on occasion.

Lacy looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy. No thanks.