Free Agency Winners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Free Agency Winners

• Chargers

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Texans

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Raiders

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Jaguars

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Giants

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The teams that are most active in free agency are usually not the better teams. This year is no different.

Having said that; which team that helped themselves the most in free agency by adding outside help?

Among the more active teams and notable signings:

San Diego Chargers; Casey Hayward, Brandon Mebane, Travis Benjamin
Houston Texans; Lamar Miller, Brock Osweiler
Oakland Raiders; Kelechi Osemele, Sean Smith, Bruce Irvin
Jacksonville Jaguars; Malik Jackson, Chris Irvory, Prince Amukamura
New York Giants; Damon Harrison, Janoris Jenkins, Olivier Vernon

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm voting Texans.

It's a boom or bust deal for them. I'm thinking it has a larger chance of busting, than booming...

But... they were a good team last year. They might not be just a QB away, but Osweiler was a move that if he pans out could catapult them.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Oakland's future was already looking better before free agency. It would not surprise me at all to see Oak in the playoffs this year.They signed good players and still have 25+ mil in cap and the draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Raiders, I think. They grabbed Osemele, and their O-line was already pretty stout.
Then getting Bruce Irvin and Sean Smith who should pay dividends for Jack Del Rio.

I've always liked the Raiders, and they're kind of the AFC team I follow when the Rams aren't playing or are playing later/earlier. When I was younger a buddy of mine and I would play whole seasons of Madden, and we couldn't use our favorite teams (his the Dolphins) unless they made it to the playoffs on their own (which wasn't often). So he'd use the Packers and I'd use the Raiders. I still remember in 1994 having Rocket Ismail on my team and getting just scores of kickoff return TDs because of his elite speed/agility rating in the game.

Madden1994.jpg

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I like what Oakland has done. They have addressed needs and kept some of their own. They have a ton of money to spend, so some of their contracts may be a little on the high side ... but the HAD to spend.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sorry I went for the Giants, their defense was 32nd last year with the additions, it's obvious that it will be much better, there is no debating that fact.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
The Raiders, I think. They grabbed Osemele, and their O-line was already pretty stout.
Then getting Bruce Irvin and Sean Smith who should pay dividends for Jack Del Rio.

I've always liked the Raiders, and they're kind of the AFC team I follow when the Rams aren't playing or are playing later/earlier. When I was younger a buddy of mine and I would play whole seasons of Madden, and we couldn't use our favorite teams (his the Dolphins) unless they made it to the playoffs on their own (which wasn't often). So he'd use the Packers and I'd use the Raiders. I still remember in 1994 having Rocket Ismail on my team and getting just scores of kickoff return TDs because of his elite speed/agility rating in the game.

Madden1994.jpg
Ditto. Even though I am a life long - diehard Rams fan, I always have had an AFC team too ... and that team is and always has been the Raiders. Growing up in the 70's, the Rams and the Raiders were power houses. I never really thought about it until just a few yrs ago, but growing up in SoCal I had the same thing with MLB. NL and fav team is the Dodgers ... AL - A's . So both of my first and 2nd teams were from the same cities.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ditto. Even though I am a life long - diehard Rams fan, I always have had an AFC team too ... and that team is and always has been the Raiders. Growing up in the 70's, the Rams and the Raiders were power houses. I never really thought about it until just a few yrs ago, but growing up in SoCal I had the same thing with MLB. NL and fav team is the Dodgers ... AL - A's . So both of my first and 2nd teams were from the same cities.
That's pretty cool. I remember watching Stabler, Plunkett, Marcus Allen, Todd Christensen, Howie Long, Cliff Branch, Dave Casper, and who can forget Ray Guy? I really didn't get into other baseball teams, because it was Dodgers or bust. As kids (around 12/13 yrs old), we used to play home run derby with tennis balls, and we had to bat as players on our team and bat lefty if the player up was a lefty. Davey Lopes, Steve Garcy, Ron Cey, Dusty Baker, Bill Russell, etc. What a team. Even as a little leaguer, I spent hours and hours trying to pitch like Fernando Valenzuela. Coach never let me do it during a game, but I was pretty good at mimicking his delivery by looking up into the sky before throwing. lol. That was always a hit during practices. Man today is nostalgia day for me with all this talk about being a kid.

Thanks Father Time.
You suck.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You could also put the **triots in that poll. They added Chris Long, and Martellus Bennett to pair with gronkowski.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
(n) Wait, is this a Raiders board? :sneaky:
I've always had good friends that are Raiders fans. I think they did well in FA as well.

But I'm throwing a Homer vote in for the Rams. Quite. Plodding. Wise moves. Still some time. SIGN FREAKING BENNY ALREADY!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I voted for the Chargers, like the pieces and value for what they added. Though the team I think did the best isn't in the poll and that's the Cardinals. If they can get any kind of production from Jones after week 8 that could be a win. It's all riding on Mathis though for this ranking, he's aging and despite the "experts" rating him year after year as one of the best Guards he never seems to get paid like it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

We will see??? He was a great defensive coordinator once and in all honestly has struggled since leaving the Gateway City, however, he is well liked by Giant brass, but if the Giant defense finishes in the lower tier next season I guarantee you Head Coach Ben McAdoo will want to hire his own guy and we would have heard the last of Steve Spagnuolo, however, I doubt that happens barring injury the Giant defense will be one of the most improved units in the NFL, IMHO.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
That's pretty cool. I remember watching Stabler, Plunkett, Marcus Allen, Todd Christensen, Howie Long, Cliff Branch, Dave Casper, and who can forget Ray Guy? I really didn't get into other baseball teams, because it was Dodgers or bust. As kids (around 12/13 yrs old), we used to play home run derby with tennis balls, and we had to bat as players on our team and bat lefty if the player up was a lefty. Davey Lopes, Steve Garcy, Ron Cey, Dusty Baker, Bill Russell, etc. What a team. Even as a little leaguer, I spent hours and hours trying to pitch like Fernando Valenzuela. Coach never let me do it during a game, but I was pretty good at mimicking his delivery by looking up into the sky before throwing. lol. That was always a hit during practices. Man today is nostalgia day for me with all this talk about being a kid.

Thanks Father Time.
You suck.

Those were some good Dodgers teams back then.I started following them in the mid 70s I was about 8-9 years old.I can still remember how mad I got when R.Jackson threw his hip out on purpose to hit the ball.Wasn't to much later I started following our Rams,and was heartbroken over the Super Bowl loss to Pitt.Definitely some good competitive teams back then let's hope we get back to that.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I check "Other" because I think Philly has done a pretty good job of covering their needs and at the same time moved up to #8 in the 1st round of the Draft! Their Fans are pretty hipped-up so far!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I check "Other" because I think Philly has done a pretty good job of covering their needs and at the same time moved up to #8 in the 1st round of the Draft! Their Fans are pretty hipped-up so far!
I have a hard time voting for them having paid that much money to two QB's.