Free Agency Scenario

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

We resign Britt, but don't sign a RT in FA who do you draft at #10 if we stand pat?

• WR Kevin White

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • TJ Clemmings

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Lael Collins

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Other (please mention)

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I think most of us are in agreement that our top 3 FAs are Britt, Barksdale, and Kendricks.

Here's my scenario:

1. We resign Britt giving us solid depth at the position (Britt/Quick/TA/Bailey/Givens)

2. We DO NOT resign Barksdale or sign a starting RT in FA.

So we're sitting at #10 and we're picking (no trading back) and these 3 are availible:

WR Kevin White
OT TJ Clemmings
OT Lael Collins

Who do you draft? We have stared premier WR talent in the face in recent years and have missed out on some great prospects. Can we do it again? Is this such a deep WR class that passing White is easier? Clemmings could be a force for the better part of a decade on our OL and team up with GRob and Saffold to continue our trend of strong, young, athletic OLmen.

Its a hard decision, and that's why I'm curious to see who you'd pick if we stood pat at #10 in this scenario.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I think most of us are in agreement that our top 3 FAs are Britt, Barksdale, and Kendricks.

Here's my scenario:

1. We resign Britt giving us solid depth at the position (Britt/Quick/TA/Bailey/Givens)

2. We DO NOT resign Barksdale or sign a starting RT in FA.

So we're sitting at #10 and we're picking (no trading back) and these 3 are availible:

WR Kevin White
OT TJ Clemmings
OT Lael Collins

Who do you draft? We have stared premier WR talent in the face in recent years and have missed out on some great prospects. Can we do it again? Is this such a deep WR class that passing White is easier? Clemmings could be a force for the better part of a decade on our OL and team up with GRob and Saffold to continue our trend of strong, young, athletic OLmen.

Its a hard decision, and that's why I'm curious to see who you'd pick if we stood pat at #10 in this scenario.

Question, 24/7.

Why would you NOT sign Barks if his salary demands were reasonable?

It would make your above scenario decisions SO much easier.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Clemmings, easy. White is a fantastic prospect but I'd rather take the same level of prospect at a position of need. I love Clemmings and his upside.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Question, 24/7.

It would make your above scenario decisions SO much easier.

I certainly wouldn't mind resigning Barks and think that both parties CAN reach an agreement, but for the sake of my scenario I'm saying we don't resign him.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Clemmings, easy. White is a fantastic prospect but I'd rather take the same level of prospect at a position of need. I love Clemmings and his upside.

You certainly won't get much argument from me. I agree. I have White and Clemmings with identical grades so I can understand giving the nod to the player in a greater position of need. I really don't think you could go wrong with either pick in this scenario. Both have All-Pro potential and would likely start from day 1.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
You certainly won't get much argument from me. I agree. I have White and Clemmings with identical grades so I can understand giving the nod to the player in a greater position of need. I really don't think you could go wrong with either pick in this scenario. Both have All-Pro potential and would likely start from day 1.

Exactly. Now if we resigned Barksdale but not Britt, I might be more inclined to draft White. Depends how it all works out. I do think we can get at least 1 of those guys at 10. We're in a pretty nice spot.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Exactly. Now if we resigned Barksdale but not Britt, I might be more inclined to draft White. Depends how it all works out. I do think we can get at least 1 of those guys at 10. We're in a pretty nice spot.

Agreed. But I find it very hard to believe that we don't resign Britt. He's our top priority in FA and I think the front office feels the same way. With Quick coming into his contract year we need some stability at the position beyond 2015. Imagine a WR corps of Britt/White/Quick/TA/Bailey :cry:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Idk who any of those guys are. I'm super retarded when it comes to draft talk. I just can't get into college. I only know of Marriota and Winston. At this point I font really care who we draft I just wanna see wins.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Best OL available.

Unless we trade up for one of the top 2 QB's.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Best player available, I chose other. I get the wide receiver thing, but imo the QB make the best of his wide receivers. IE: current Super Bowl wide receivers. How many of the wide receivers in this years Super Bowl are in the top 10 or top 20 in the league ?

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Best player available, I chose other. I get the wide receiver thing, but imo the QB make the best of his wide receivers. IE: current Super Bowl wide receivers. How many of the wide receivers in this years Super Bowl are in the top 10 or top 20 in the league ?

So who do you draft at #10?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The OP has turned a free agency scenario into a draft scenario. Kinda turned this into an impossible question without us knowing our own free agent pick-ups. The Rams will have CAP availability if previously discussed cuts are made, so if Barksdale is gone, we may very well have picked up players at other need positions in free agency.
I'm actually hoping we don't re-sign Barksdale, but i'm also praying for a trade down to increase our already lacking number of draft picks. I honestly can't answer the OP's question as its been framed until the free agency period is completed. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

I agree completely but what is reasonable?

Not sure when I have seen a UFA OT salary demands close to being reasonable. Closest thing to being an example would be Saffold's contract.
When Rodger Saffold signed a 5 year / $31,347,235 contract with us including a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $19,500,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $6,269,447.

That's high even for a long time unhealthy OG. Saffold has started & played OLT, he has started & played ORT, he has started & played ORG & he has started & played OLG. Rodger Saffold has done it very good in the run game & in pass protection.

JB is one seriously healthy player however he can only play one post. JB's game in run blocking is close to Saffold's but his pass protection......L I A B I L I T Y ! We will see if JB will be reasonable.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Imagine a WR corps of Britt/White/Quick/TA/Bailey :cry:

Imagine a WR cadre with practically four first round selections riding the sideline useless because the Rams offense can not get the ball into their hands due to an pathetic OL who can not pass protect the QB. Waste of time,energy, draft picks & money with our OL.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
For me .. @ pick 10- OT- OG - Iowa - Brandon Scherff. I believe was the Outland trophy winner? Played LOT at Iowa, but shorter arm length may make him better at LG. Mean and can both pass and run block. Then .. in Rd. 3 I would go maybe OC with Hroniss Grasu - oregon ... or even better would be Cam Erving if he was still there. the two best C's in college ball. Erving can play anywhere along the OL.