Fred Roggin Interviews Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Fred and Jeff talked about the move to LA and what Fisher expects for the team on the field next year….plus the plan for the QB position. Fisher mentions that they’d like to have the training facility close to where the training camp will be held.

Listen to Fisher Interview
23 minutes in

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
At first I thought it said Fred Robbins, and I was like "WTF does he have to say?" haha

Hey! Fred Robbins will ALWAYS have a place in my heart!

cs_rams_patriots_bw_t640.jpg

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
L.A. Rams head coach Jeff Fisher made his first appearance on ESPN LA's Max and Marcellus Show to talk about the anticipation of the start of the season, the challenges of relocating and the team’s future in Los Angeles.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I love Fisher, such a great coach, it's hard to think of anyone in the history of the NFL who's seen the bad luck he's seen with injuries so far as the Rams' HC, yet he keeps on going, an example to us all. And that roster he inherited, it would be hard to see even Belichick (fuck that guy though am I right) doing anything with that. It's amazing that Fisher's got us to this point in such a short period of time, and he'll prove that next year is truly the year of the Ram

sheep.gif

JackKirby

UDFA
Name
JackKirby
I'll tell you one thing. The Rams radio broadcasts will not be on KFWB or 98--the beast. The current Los Angeles Clipper station is changing its format beginning Monday, Feb. 1st. It will be a foreign-language station. Good thing too. KFWB does not have a strong signal. Can't even hear the station in Ventura County. I think AM 570, the current home of the Los Angeles Dodgers or AM 710, the local ESPN affiliate and the radio home of the Los Angeles Lakers and USC basketball and football would be great choices. KABC 790, though not a sports station does air the Los Angeles Kings hockey broadcasts. But except for those hockey fans who fill the arena and perhaps a few others no one really cares about hockey in SoCal. You want evidence: sports talk hosts, listeners, and callers never--and I mean never "talk hockey." I don't think they understand the sport. I will add that once the Kings (or Ducks) reach the Stanley Cup Finals then they talk hockey but they usually bring in an expert like Bob Miller or Jim Fox or Luc Robattile of the Kings to talk hockey. Heck, I don't even know what a blue line is other than it's just there. So unless KABC wants to cede its popular talk shows to football I don't think the station would be a good fit for the Rams.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll tell you one thing. The Rams radio broadcasts will not be on KFWB or 98--the beast. The current Los Angeles Clipper station is changing its format beginning Monday, Feb. 1st. It will be a foreign-language station. Good thing too. KFWB does not have a strong signal. Can't even hear the station in Ventura County. I think AM 570, the current home of the Los Angeles Dodgers or AM 710, the local ESPN affiliate and the radio home of the Los Angeles Lakers and USC basketball and football would be great choices. KABC 790, though not a sports station does air the Los Angeles Kings hockey broadcasts. But except for those hockey fans who fill the arena and perhaps a few others no one really cares about hockey in SoCal. You want evidence: sports talk hosts, listeners, and callers never--and I mean never "talk hockey." I don't think they understand the sport. I will add that once the Kings (or Ducks) reach the Stanley Cup Finals then they talk hockey but they usually bring in an expert like Bob Miller or Jim Fox or Luc Robattile of the Kings to talk hockey. Heck, I don't even know what a blue line is other than it's just there. So unless KABC wants to cede its popular talk shows to football I don't think the station would be a good fit for the Rams.
AM radio?
200.gif

Doesn't every NFL teams' games get broadcast on FM by now? Phoenix pro sports moved from AM to FM years ago here.
Arizona Sports radio 98.7 All sports all the time. Cards, Suns, Coyotes, Diamondbacks and game day for all.
The local AM station 620(which used to be THE local all sports channel) just backs up the FM channel whenever there's a game conflict and also broadcasts National stuff 24/7.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Fred and Jeff talked about the move to LA and what Fisher expects for the team on the field next year….plus the plan for the QB position. Fisher mentions that they’d like to have the training facility close to where the training camp will be held.

23 minutes in

That was the douchiest radio personality I've ever heard.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That was the douchiest radio personality I've ever heard.
Fred has been around for a long time. He is the stereotypical radio guy. Yeah - that means cheesy sounding as all hell. But he's actually pretty good at his job. He's like the Casey Casum of sports radio.

A55VA6

Legend
Really enjoyed this interview.

Fisher has been put in many really difficult situations but remains such a professional and a likable guy. Really hope his vision for the team pans out..

bluecoconuts

Legend
Heck, I don't even know what a blue line is other than it's just there.

It's the line that marks the offensive/defensive zone.

I also disagree that nobody in Southern California, other than a select few like hockey. I see more Kings gear than I do anything else... Obviously Lakers are a strong pull, but when the Kings have made the finals, there's more of a noticeable impact on the city than I've ever really noticed with the Lakers. I never see Clippers gear, what I notice the most is Dodgers, Kings, and Lakers... Lately it's been mostly Kings.

The media doesn't know shit about hockey, so they never talk about it (and when they do, it's obvious they have no idea what they're talking about) but there are tons of fans. A lot of people jumped on the bandwagon when the Kings became a contender, but still.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Los Angeles Rams head coach Jeff Fisher tells L.A. Today with Bill Reiter and Leeann Tweeden what it means to him returning to the City of Angels, plus what to look forward to for the Rams 2016 season. (13:00)