Four years of Snead/Fisher drafts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
* pro bowl
Current starters
On roster/rotation/practice squad
Not on roster

1 Brockers
2 Quick
2 Jenkins
2 Pead
3 Tru J
4 Givens
5 Rok Watkins

6 Zuerlein
7 Aaron Brown
7 Daryl Richardson

1 T.Austin
1 A.Ogletree
3 TJ McDonald

3 Steadman Bailey
4 Barrett Jones
5 Brandon McGee
5 Zac Stacy

1 G.Robinson
1 Aaron Donald*
2 Lamarcus Joyner

3 Tre Mason
4 Mo Alexander
6 EJ Gaines

6 Garrett Gilbert
7 Mitchell Van Dyke

7 Christian Bryant
7 Michael Sam
7 Demetrius Rhaney

1 Gurley
2 Havenstein
3 Jamon Brown
3 Sean Mannion
4 Andrew Donnal

6 Bud Sasser
6 Cody Wichmann
7 Bryce Hager

7 Martin Ifedi

Supplemental
Isiah Battle

UDFA
Johnny Hekker*
Marcus Roberson
Ethan Westbrooks
Benny Cunningham
Cory Harkey
Daren Bates

Rodney McLeod

Last edited:

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I think they have done a fantastic job of taking a roster with little to no talent and building a competitive team that has a very bright future. This team is build to complete for many years into the future and after so many dreadful years of terrible non-competitive play its exciting. Living in the Philly area it's been tough to watch the the Eagles stay competitive and the Rams sitting in the doldrums for a decade or so. The rebuilding of this proud franchise has been great to witness and now to harvest the fruits of all that labor(Wins)!

That being said, lets go harvest some fruits in Minn!

Athos

Legend
Most impressive is the number of highly contributing UDFAs.

Now...... Snead does have a weakness.

Drafting WRs.

I really hope he'll finally find a #1. I really hope he does.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Drafting WRs.

I agree. These were my first thoughts in looking over it after i compiled it.
1. Overall alot of talent and quality starters.
2. Helluva job finding UDFA talent
3. Lack of Pro bowlers
4. Still searching for an impact WR

Psycho_X

Legend
Definitely a huge improvement over the morons we had before they got here. 2014 could go down as a ridiculously good draft if Robinson ever develops into the LT we hope he can. Because Alexander and Gaines are both starter capable. And both, with our whole current starting secondary free agents soon, could be starters next season.

WRs has been disappointing. The biggest blow imo was Bud Sasser, I rrrrreally liked him and thought he was going to be a huge get in the 6th. That really sucked when he had to retire before ever playing.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I think one of the biggest points not shown is HOW some of those draft picks were gathers. Snead and Fisher have been quite masterful in the trades, up and down, they have maneuvered. There have been some missed but how many other GMs can point to a DROY and OROY/MVP(Gurley) in back to back years. I know with Gurley I am extrapolating his production out but if he stays on pace those awards and accolades are as good as on his mantle. Remember we have an additional 2nd round pick next year due to their negotiation skills.

The future of this franchise is bright I tell you! Bright! (in Mickey's voice, from Rocky not Disney Jr.)

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
They could also become responsible for drafting 2 future HOF's in Donald, and Gurley!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
good breakdown....I'd like to see FA's just to compare....
Yea Champ, I didn't want to go there....
uncomf.gif

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Man, if only he could draft WRS as well as he did (helped) in ATL.

My new offseason wishlist:

Sign Alshon Jeffrey or Josh Gordon (cheaper) and do what you have to to draft Tyler Boyd, Laquon Treadwell, or Josh Doctson.

Actually, Josh Gordon and Tyler Boyd (6'2+ and 4.4 speed) on the same team with Gurley coming out the backfield and Austin coming from everywhere might make this offense as scary as this defense.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
do what you have to to draft Tyler Boyd, Laquon Treadwell, or Josh Doctson.
Treadwell looks NFL ready....not as much speed but solid....Doctson could be a game changer....After watching him, I really see AJ Green type player....How about we grab both? Snisher likes to double down...:sneaky:(y):mrburnsevil:

And don't forget my QB Goff/Cook/Lynch/ or a sweet 3rd round pick Hogan....

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

Drafting WRs.

I would also note the lack of any OL from the first 2 drafts being on the current roster as a weakness. Man he has some serious scouts for the D side of the ball though....

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Treadwell looks NFL ready....not as much speed but solid....Doctson could be a game changer....After watching him, I really see AJ Green type player....How about we grab both? Snisher likes to double down...:sneaky:(y):mrburnsevil:

And don't forget my QB Goff/Cook/Lynch/ or a sweet 3rd round pick Hogan....

That would be awesome, but I'm willing to bet all three go in the first when it's all said and done.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice post Mojo.

That 2014 draft was impressive. Already one Pro Bowler and there are some dudes that can ball in that group. Still too early to say overall, but they have a good collection of guys who can play along with some high end growth possibilities.

The 2015 draft already has one Pro Bowl talent in Gurley, no doubt about it regardless of whether he gets the votes. Overall yield might suffer due to so many OL and the fact not all of them can be long term answers but we'll have to wait and see.

Lastly yeah those UDFAs are impressive. Don't see OT Williams on there either.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
@Mojo Ram , I added some details to your OP. Hope you don't mind. Good work, my friend. Not sure if I got everything, probably didn't

Current starters
On roster/rotation/practice squad
Not on roster

1 Brockers
2 Quick
2 Jenkins
2 Pead - released, hust signed a contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
3 Tru J
4 Givens - traded, future 7th, not 2016.
5 Rok Watkins - released, started 1 out of 3 games for KC Chiefs, then suspended 4 games for substance abuse.

6 Zuerlein
7 Aaron Brown - released.
7 Daryl Richardson - claimed off waivers by the New York Jets on May 16, 2014, released, then The Houston Texans signed Richardson to their practice squad again on October 28, 2015.

1 T.Austin
1 A.Ogletree
3 TJ McDonald

3 Stedman Bailey
4 Barrett Jones - released, then On October 6, 2015, Jones was signed by the Chicago Bears
5 Brandon McGee - released by Rams 2015, then signed by the New York Giants.
5 Zac Stacy - requested for trade after Gurley was drafted. Traded to New York Jets for 2015 7th round pick (Bryce Hager).

1 G.Robinson
1 Aaron Donald*
2 Lamarcus Joyner

3 Tre Mason
4 Mo Alexander
6 EJ Gaines

6 Garrett Gilbert - released, then signed by Patriots, Lions, and is currently a Raider.
7 Mitchell Van Dyke - released, then signed by Steelers to reserved/injured contract.

7 Christian Bryant
7 Michael Sam - released, then Cowboys, then CFL, then he quit citing mental problems.
7 Demetrius Rhaney

1 Gurley
2 Havenstein
3 Jamon Brown
3 Sean Mannion
4 Andrew Donnal

6 Bud Sasser - released after draft medical deemed a heart condition not safe to play. Took a job with the Rams, as the team's new external football affairs coordinator.
6 Cody Wichmann
7 Bryce Hager

7 Martin Ifedi - released, not currently playing.

Supplemental
Isiah Battle

UDFA
Johnny Hekker*
Marcus Roberson

Ethan Westbrooks
Benny Cunningham
Cory Harkey
Daren Bates

Rodney McLeod
Bradley Marquez
Darell Williams
Isiah Ferguson - injured reserve.

Malcolm Brown
Zack Hodges

Zach Laskey
Matt Longacre
Eric Patterson
Nick Toon
Louis Trinca-Passat
Melvin White
Gerald Rivers

Doug Worthington - shown on 53.

Trades
Nick Foles - Gave Bradford, and 2015 5th Rd pick. Got 4th round pick (Andrew Donnal), 2016 2nd Rd pick.

Mark Barron - was #7 overall pick in 2012, for 4th, and 6th round picks in 2015.

Michael Brockers vs. RG3 - St. Louis received: DT Michael Brockers, CB Janoris Jenkins, RB Isaiah, G Rokevious Watkins, LB Alec Ogletree, WR Stedman Bailey, RB Zac Stacy, OT Greg Robinson.

Tavon Austin - The Bills acquired the No. 16 pick from the Rams, which they used on Florida State quarterback EJ Manuel. Buffalo also got the Rams' second (Kiko Alonso), swapped thirds (Marquise Goodwin - Bills, T.J. McDonald - Rams) and a seventh-round pick (Chris Gregg)
in the deal.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It's Tebow all over again. Although Hogan is a better QB.
Yeah. I was hoping he'd clean that up in the offseason. Good arm, plus size, smarts, and athlete.

With all of our QB coaches, he could be worth a late round, or UDFA flyer pick.