Former Rams/Auburn player Philip Lutzenkirchen dies in car accident

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Former Auburn player Philip Lutzenkirchen dies in car accident
By Tom Fornelli | College Football Writer

USATSI_6541050.jpg

Phillip Lutzenkirchen caught 14 touchdowns during his Auburn career. (USATSI)

Phillip Lutzenkirchen, a member of Auburn's 2010 national championship-winning team, and one of the most popular Auburn players in recent history, died Sunday morning in a car accident. The news was first reported by Auburn Undercover.

Auburn SID Kirk Sampson confirmed the news Sunday afternoon and multiple Auburn coaches, including offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, have tweeted about it as well.

The car accident occurred outside LaGrange, Georgia at approximately 3:06 a.m. Sunday morning. B.N. Talley, the officer who responded to the scene, told the Ledger Enquirer that a 2006 Chevy Tahoe missed a stop sign at a "t-intersection" before traveling off the intersection and into a churchyard. The car was "out of control for about 450 feet" before it overturned, ejecting all four passengers from the vehicle.

Talley said that Lutzenkirchen was killed at the scene, as was the car's driver, Joseph Davis.

Lutzenkirchen was 23 years old.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Very Sad, these stories always remind me of how lucky and fortunate I am to have escaped my youth.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
OMG! How sad is that?!?! I am a twitter friend with his cousin ...... this totally sucks!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I should have refreshed the page before I posted...oops, sorry for the other thread.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
and my kids wonder why I say NOTHING good happens being out and about at 3AM.... RIP Lutz

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I should have refreshed the page before I posted...oops, sorry for the other thread.

No worries. It happens to all of us. :)

My wife totaled her car about a month ago in a head-on collision. If it hadn't been for the seat belt and air bag, she would probably have been dead. Life is far too short and precious to waste. RIP Phillip.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Rest in peace, Lutz...was really hoping that you would've made the team last year...