For what its worth Britt and Austin are listed as starting WRs this week.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't know if it really matters who's starting. They're all going to get plenty of snaps.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
but not with sam. the other 3 Qbs suck

Shaun Hill doesn't suck.

But I get what you're saying. My point was more about the regular season, and the starting spots in general. Each of the 5-6 receivers are probably going to catch a pass from Sam on game day once the season starts, regardless of who is out there on the first drive.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tavon Austin- WR - Rams
Tavon Austin and Kenny Britt are listed as the first-team wide receivers on St. Louis' first unofficial depth chart.
Last year's No. 8 overall pick, Austin has had a quiet camp after an ineffective rookie season. Perhaps the Rams are listing him as a starter in an effort to boost Austin's confidence. In training camp, Britt and Brian Quick have predominately worked as the starters with Austin in the slot and backfield.
Aug 4 - 3:48 PM

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tre Mason - RB - Rams
Tre Mason is listed with the fourth-team offense on the Rams' first unofficial depth chart of training camp.
Zac Stacy is alone on the first team, with Benny Cunningham solidly on the twos. The third-team backs are Isaiah Pead and special teamer Chase Reynolds. Mason and UDFA Trey Watts are listed with the fours. This is a bit hard to take seriously because Mason has taken some first-team reps in camp, but is a reminder that he has a lot of depth chart climbing to do for rookie-year impact.
Source: Turf Show Times
Aug 4 - 3:58 PM

FRO

Legend
I think you will see a heavy dose of Austin, Britt, Quick, and Bailey this year with Pettis and Givens as reserves.

lockdnram21

Legend
Shaun Hill doesn't suck.

But I get what you're saying. My point was more about the regular season, and the starting spots in general. Each of the 5-6 receivers are probably going to catch a pass from Sam on game day once the season starts, regardless of who is out there on the first drive.

so far he has in camp

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Doesn't seem to jive with the camp reports so far that Quick and Britt are practicing with the 1s during 11 on 11s.

FRO

Legend
Doesn't seem to jive with the camp reports so far that Quick and Britt are practicing with the 1s during 11 on 11s.
Well Quick is listed third and we run a lot of 3 man sets as do most teams. I think you will see a heavy rotation of Britt, Quick, Austin, and Bailey. The top 4 guys should play a lot.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well Quick is listed third and we run a lot of 3 man sets as do most teams. I think you will see a heavy rotation of Britt, Quick, Austin, and Bailey. The top 4 guys should play a lot.

To me, the bigger "surprise" is Givens tumble. After last season, I can't say I am surprised however.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter

I'll buy that. I haven't heard that they've run a lot of three wide sets in camp so far.

FRO

Legend
To me, the bigger "surprise" is Givens tumble. After last season, I can't say I am surprised however.
I thought he was going to really grow in year 2. He just showed he was a one trick pony and opposing teams picked up on it. In 2012 he was the third guy behind Gibson and Amendola. In 2013 he was top dog at WR and wasn't good enough.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
From what I've read, Hill has been OK. It's Austin Davis who's sucked. But we'll see on Friday.