For those curious about our play action woes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ive seen a lot of comments on this board and others that are baffled by our lack of play action effectiveness. I think we're so good at analyzing our team that the easy stuff slips by us. Take away Gurley's 55 yard run on the fourth quarter and he's averaging 3.8 per carry yesterday. The Arizona game was almost identical in how he chopped off some huge runs in the fourth. Basically, teams fear gurley but they don't fear our line enough to give him running lanes. As a result, teams are content with getting after Foles. You saw a glimpse in the Arizona game. When Todd started to rip off chunks of yardage, Bailey and Austin were able to find seems downfield. The Cleveland game will be another heavy dose of the gurley show. I think that This time (because of Cleveland being God aweful vs the run) we will see gurley rip consistent 6,8, and 12-20 yard runs. Then the play action will open up.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think what's dampered the effectiveness of our play action, was people saw Pittsburgh just bring the house and whether we ran or passed, it completely staved off any success. Until we actually hit on one, no one will respect either (other than Gurley....) and another thing since we have to fake w/ Austin in the backfield as much, once again, the effectiveness of our downfield play isn't respected (even though, they might have to start looking at Stedman.....).