Football Gameplan's Rams vs Cowboys Preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Neutralizing Witten, remaining gap disciplined and tackling are the keys to a Ram win IMO. Of the three, the only one you didn't mention was tackling. You probably thought that was a given but not when it comes to the Rams. :(

Thanks for posting your perspective on the game EmDiggy.

EmDiggy

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Gang! What are your thoughts on how the DL has played so far without Long?

Alan

Legend
I haven't seen a huge difference to tell you the truth. That would include our pass rush too. Yes, Hayes screwed up a couple of times but he made some good plays too.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Hope you're wrong but thanks for posting!

I've been keeping an eye on some of your videos for the past few years. Keep up the good work!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I always find FGP's take on the games and draft, thanks for posting.

Rams are a natoriously a slow starting team, particularly on offense. I think the Rams's biggest problem on defense is over persuit and bad angles resulting in sloppy tackling.

I got a bird's eye view of the Patterson's 67 yard TD at the dome week 1. Bottum line, the defense sold out on believing Patterson would cut soon than hit he did. Patterson stretched, cut, and guys were badly out of position. Remember, last year the Rams did not blitz like they are now under GW.

This defense is high octane and it wants to destroy every play in the back field. It hasn't learned the "feel" of when to go and when to stay home on a consistent level. Is this the week they get that feel? It could be. This defense is too good to be giving up the playa it has been. The best is yet to come.

As for Long, I can't tell a difference one way or another. I do beleive Long's side gets a bit more attention with him in the game, though.

Thanks again

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thanks Gang! What are your thoughts on how the DL has played so far without Long?
It seems to me it like a work in progress thing! We'll see it down the Road, around the next turn!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think they are still adjusting to teams throwing it quickly to neutralize the rush. But if they can get an early lead, teams will be forced to push the ball down the field and I think you'll see the pressure, hits, hurries and sack numbers go up (and hopefully turnovers as well.......) Quinn has been real close several times. Hopefully this is the week the Dline can put it together.