Foles released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
IMO he is a better backup than Wolford. I like Perkins but would trust Foles a lot more with what's at stake this year.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he’ll sign a solid more lucrative contract with another team. He’s a gamer.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I dunno, we already tried that once and it didn't work out very well.

Love me some Napoleon Dynamite, but not sure I want him as my QB.

BFFA52FB-1CCD-4200-AEEF-BBB5DC2956E8.jpeg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Foles got shit on so hard here with Fish.

Ramon Ram

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd rather roll with Perkins.
Pop quiz: 4:00 left in Super Bowl and Staff is lying on ground at our own 20. You look to the bench and you see Foles and Perkins there. What do you do, what do you do?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
It's been a few years now since Foles showed much. I'd be fine with him as a backup. He seems to play his best when it matters most. But I'd be inclined to go in another direction.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Pass on Foles...I guess I just can't get over when he was an epic fail for the Rams, so I'm okay going with the Little Engine that sometimes can and Perkins.

oldnotdead

Legend
Pop quiz: 4:00 left in Super Bowl and Staff is lying on ground at our own 20. You look to the bench and you see Foles and Perkins there. What do you do, what do you do?

You can't be stuck in the past. 2020 was the last time Foles saw extended action. Yeah he threw for 10 TDs but he also threw for 8 INTs. He took 15 sacks, some on the OL but not all.

At least Perkins can run if he needs to. He's got good accuracy out to 20 yds which is good enough at this point in his career. Those mid-range receptions can give you some serious YAC (especially with Kupp and OBJ.

Wolford showed last year he's in reality just a JAG, a career backup. So yeah if Wolford is all you have maybe you'd like Foles. But that isn't the realistic choice which is between Wolford and Perkins. Perkins has wheels that Wolford doesn't have. Look at where Stafford was throwing on that last drive.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dial up that Philly special.

Ramon Ram

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can't be stuck in the past. 2020 was the last time Foles saw extended action. Yeah he threw for 10 TDs but he also threw for 8 INTs. He took 15 sacks, some on the OL but not all.

At least Perkins can run if he needs to. He's got good accuracy out to 20 yds which is good enough at this point in his career. Those mid-range receptions can give you some serious YAC (especially with Kupp and OBJ.

Wolford showed last year he's in reality just a JAG, a career backup. So yeah if Wolford is all you have maybe you'd like Foles. But that isn't the realistic choice which is between Wolford and Perkins. Perkins has wheels that Wolford doesn't have. Look at where Stafford was throwing on that last drive.
I'm in on Perkins but still would entertain Foles for the right price. You can't hold Foles performance 100% on him looking at who he played for. Look at Stafford and the difference Mcvay and our roster have made for him. With 1 drive I would rather have Foles than either of our options right now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pass on Foles...I guess I just can't get over when he was an epic fail for the Rams, so I'm okay going with the Little Engine that sometimes can and Perkins.

That was under Fisher. It's a credit to Steve McNair and Kerry Collins that they were able to do any damn thing at all and he developed exactly none of them to be legit passing QBs... McNair was more of a playmaker that traditional QB and Collins was fully developed in NY before coming over.

So the idea that any QB failed under Fisher is like... well, duh...

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It's been a few years now since Foles showed much. I'd be fine with him as a backup. He seems to play his best when it matters most. But I'd be inclined to go in another direction.
Brought a bad Bears team back from behind to beat Seattle last yr in Seattle. Would be an upgrade, but price matters as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've always respected Foles as a backup QB. But gotta say I'd stick with Wolf/Perkins and I would open up competition for the QB2 spot. If they didn't like Perkins they would have been able to easily bring in another project to replace him in this past draft. The Nevada kid was a good fit and was on the board forever.

I figure they want Perkins to win it but Wolf works hard and isn't gonna go down easy. Should be one of the more underrated camp battles this year.