Fly on the wall of History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Building on this thread...

If you could go back in time... and experience any part of history as a fly on the wall - where would you go?

As a fly on the wall, you are simply a safe observer... just watching.

This can be interesting to think about, because while I wouldn’t want to go back and experience WWII, I would find it fascinating to be a fly on the wall to observe and experience this in 1945;

gty_vday_mm_150811.jpg

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Building on this thread...

If you could go back in time... and experience any part of history as a fly on the wall - where would you go?

As a fly on the wall, you are simply a safe observer... just watching.

This can be interesting to think about, because while I wouldn’t want to go back and experience WWII, I would find it fascinating to be a fly on the wall to observe and experience this in 1945;

gty_vday_mm_150811.jpg

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Sorry seems I keep clicking on the wrong key to give a reply. CGI imho you would need to be more direct, go to a certain General.I' just a history buff, Patton attacked killed many,Marshall loved his soldiers he;s got a bunch of honors,he;s got so much honors at FT Bliss Texas it;s amazing.MacArthur returned, this guy just pisssed off everyone because he did what he thought was right...

Anyway enough of my drama.Because I lost my father to Nam, I wish I really wish I knew who killed JFK,Cause he was gonna end it.1 week after JFK was killed,LBJ's wife received 11 mill in her bank account and LBJ on the next day signed a bill saying lets keep going with Nam.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Assuming I could understand the languages, I’d go back and see Jesus - as much of his late life as a “part of history” covers. If I had to pick a small slice, probably the last supper.

I’d also be interested to sit in on the Council of Nicaea and see what the process for choosing what did and did not make it into the Bible looked like.

There are countless other moments in history I would love see - JFK assassination, signing of the declaration, president Whitmore’s speech right before the July 4th counter attack, Atlantis - it’s a good question to consider.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wow, great idea for a thread.... Need to think about this one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man, I'd have to go back and see the how they built the Great Pyramids At Giza and/or the Construction of Stonehenge. How TF did they do that with zero machinery? It boggles the mind.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would go back to the Summer of 1914 before the great war WWI and how innocent Europe was and maybe talk some sense into certain monarchs. Also that is where that last pandemic started too, so maybe I could learn from that, but it was a war to end all wars and because they did not handle the peace right, 20 years later we had WWII.

1597592894597.png

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would go back to the Summer of 1914 before the great war WWI and how innocent Europe was and maybe talk some sense into certain monarchs. Also that is where that last pandemic started too, so maybe I could learn from that, but it was a war to end all wars and because they did not handle the peace right, 20 years later we had WWII.

View attachment 38308
I may be incorrect here, but I believe Hitler blamed the Jews for Germanys' loss in WWI. Which led to his distain for the race.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I may be incorrect here, but I believe Hitler blamed the Jews for Germanys' loss in WWI. Which led to his distain for the race.

That's correct and the treaty of Versailles, where they ordered Germany to pay exorbitant reparations to the Allies...President Wilson warned them about being overzealous against Germany.

As did British Prime Minister Lloyd George..... British Prime Minister Lloyd George warned his fellow leaders: "You may strip Germany of her colonies, reduce her armaments to a mere police force and her navy to that of a fifth-rate power; all the same in the end if she feels that she has been unjustly treated in the peace of 1919 she will find ways of exacting retribution from her conquerors."

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Too many to list ... but I'll throw in a few ...

- To have witnessed Caesar taking his legions across the Rubicon
- To have witnessed the debates held behind closed door with President Truman on the decision to drop the bomb
- To have been a fly on the wall in the lunar module of Apollo 11 right after it touched down ... just to see the look on their faces after what they had just accomplished
- Not as a fly on the wall, but had I been old enough to be in the audience and an, ahem, "full participant" in the festivities ... Woodstock

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Too many to list ... but I'll throw in a few ...

- To have witnessed the debates held behind closed door with President Truman on the decision to drop the bomb

IMO, that came down to saving American Lives and it did that, but I'm sure Truman struggled with the opening of Pandora's Box.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
IMO, that came down to saving American Lives and it did that, but I'm sure Truman struggled with the opening of Pandora's Box.

I agree 100%, but I would still like to have listened to the debate. I think current debates over the topic lack a lot of the context that it was debated in back in that time, including the horrific toll of other battles in the Pacific as well as having living memory of the failure to obtain unconditional surrender in WWI.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I agree 100%, but I would still like to have listened to the debate. I think current debates over the topic lack a lot of the context that it was debated in back in that time, including the horrific toll of other battles in the Pacific as well as having living memory of the failure to obtain unconditional surrender in WWI.

Well, considering Truman was not privy to any of the information dealing with The Manhattan Project might be a factor too, but I know they felt strongly the Japanese would never surrender and the irony of Stimson (Secretary of War) totally stonewalling Truman prior to Truman becoming President and then trying to get him up to speed about the Project is epic.
1597598237445.png

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Well, considering Truman was not privy to any of the information dealing with The Manhattan Project might be a factor too, but I know they felt strongly the Japanese would never surrender and the irony of Stimson (Secretary of War) totally stonewalling Truman prior to Truman becoming President and then trying to get him up to speed about the Project is epic.
View attachment 38311

Wow - thanks for that, I never knew about that aspect of it. Now I have another rabbit hole to go down!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I want to see the battle of Thermopylae. 300 Spartans vs. thousands of Persians.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All of these are really good. I have a couple that I would like to fly on.

- The signing of surrender by Lee at the end of the Appomattox campaign.
- MLK's "I had a Dream" speech.
-Backstage at Woodstock

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So many. The first thing that popped into my head was a Jimi Hendrix show circa '67 just to see all the jaws dropping in the crowd.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
So many. The first thing that popped into my head was a Jimi Hendrix show circa '67 just to see all the jaws dropping in the crowd.
speaking of that era I would have guessed (coming from you) Jim Morrison being arrested on stage in Miami:biggrin::biggrin:

So much history to choose from, I couldn‘t possibly come up with a perfect answer, but being present at the Cornwallis surrender at Yorktown 10/19/1781 would have been huge

Last edited:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Viking arrival in North America

Little Big Horn

June 6, 1944 Normandy

OK Corral