Fitz benched

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Mallet will start for Texans Sunday

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Totally had forgotten that they acquired Mallet. I'm willing to bet it's Matt Cassel version 2.o. The Patriots have some uncanny ability to get other teams to buy their garbage.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Being a big Razorback fan I'm very excited to see what Mallet can do finally with a good Offense and Defense kids got a huge arm, but absolutely no mobility so if they can keep him upright dude is gonna tear it up throwing to Johnson and Hopkins with foster in the backfield. wish the rams would have made that trade with the pats or did he get cut? either way wish he was making his debut with the Rams this weekend instead of the Texans:sick:. cant imagine having that kind of deep thrower with Tavon running full speed down the sidelines.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fitz's beard is fucking insane. Not sure how you can bench your QB if he looks like Big Foot.

LOL

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally had forgotten that they acquired Mallet. I'm willing to bet it's Matt Cassel version 2.o. The Patriots have some uncanny ability to get other teams to buy their garbage.
In all fairness, Cassel did lead KC to the playoffs in his 2nd season while throwing 27 td's and making the Pro bowl. Hard to say he was garbage then

Back on topic, I'm interested in seeing how Mallett plays
1) Because I thought he was pretty good in college and thought he had potential
2) Because if he flames out, Houston becomes a QB needy team either competing with the Rams in the draft for a QB, or possibly a landing spot for #8 if the Rams let him go

V3

Hall of Fame
There's a pretty big difference between KC giving up multiple high picks(I think it was two 2nd rounders) and the Texans giving up a 7th, though.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's a pretty big difference between KC giving up multiple high picks(I think it was two 2nd rounders) and the Texans giving up a 7th, though.
AND it was a conditional 7th besides ,probably dependent upon 9 starts:cool:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
From the way Ryan Mallet talks I assumed he would be friends with Riff Raff
Riff+Raff+55th+Annual+GRAMMY+Awards+Arrivals+trwZD1UDgvBx.jpg

I'm too depressed to cry. I just found out that his net worth is $3million.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have not seen Fitzpatrick play in years. He looked like he had potential when he was a Rams backup. What happened? What does he do wrong?

Martz could fix him. Lets get Martz and Fitz both this offseason.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it was Cassel and LB Mike Vrabel for a 2nd round pick

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
How the freak does he use a chinstrap? They must order one three sizes too large to fit him.

That's funny that you mention the chin strap. I was looking at him and wondering about that last week.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I've been waiting for this move for a while. I think Fitz just doesn't have the physical tools and surprisingly, the mental side to process things quickly enough or the discipline to make the right decision consistently enough to remain a starter.

I've not been too impressed with Mallet but understand his potential because of his physical tools. The threat of him getting the ball down the field may open some things up at some point but he likely won't have Foster as bad as that injury looked. So, while he has the big arm to get it deep he probably won't have the time to do that until he beats some blitzes and forces defenses to respect him.

If he can make quick, smart decisions and accurately get it to his weapons the Texans will improve on offense. But I haven't seen that from him the little bit that I've watched him. For the Texans' sake, hopefully O'Brien has been coaching him up.