Fisher/Snead UDFA's superior to Linehan/Ziggy Drafts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Pretty sad when you think about the fact that these guys are finding better players in the proverbial 8th round, than what Linny and Ziggy drafted in round 1's 2 and 3 and beyond.

It just shows how a couple of incompetent individuals at the top can completely crush a franchise. Devaney/Linehan and Devany/Spags were not much better, but at least they hit on some of their top picks.

Really has to keep you excited about the future of this franchise as they are showing that they can find players throughout the dfrat/UDFA process. Sure they will miss on a few kids, that may not show the heart to match percieved talent, but everyone does that at times. No team hits on 80% of their picks.

However, they can find players in a number of ways so if anything it just tells me that they should not reach for positions in early rounds as they will find need players and or develop those players as they keep this thing going. So take the BPA's with pro bowl ability whenever you can and fill in the rest of the roster around those guys. They do that and this run will go for sometime!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
PhillyRam said:
Pretty sad when you think about the fact that these guys are finding better players in the proverbial 8th round, than what Linny and Ziggy drafted in round 1's 2 and 3 and beyond.

It just shows how a couple of incompetent individuals at the top can completely crush a franchise. Devaney/Linehan and Devany/Spags were not much better, but at least they hit on some of their top picks.

Really has to keep you excited about the future of this franchise as they are showing that they can find players throughout the dfrat/UDFA process. Sure they will miss on a few kids, that may not show the heart to match percieved talent, but everyone does that at times. No team hits on 80% of their picks.

However, they can find players in a number of ways so if anything it just tells me that they should not reach for positions in early rounds as they will find need players and or develop those players as they keep this thing going. So take the BPA's with pro bowl ability whenever you can and fill in the rest of the roster around those guys. They do that and this run will go for sometime!

Philly, I was just thinking the same thing this morning.

RayRay, McLeod, Cunningham, and others would never be found by either of the previous 2 regimes. Devaney did fine until the 3rd round, then he stunk up the place. Yeah, he botched the JSmith pick, but that was such a brutal draft year, can't kill him TOO much on it. But Devaney was useless in the mid rounds where good GMs get quality starters. Case in point, Gilyard v Givens.

Psycho_X

Legend
Also, don't forget Stan the man when discussing this topic. He has pretty much given Snead and Fisher blank checks to do whatever they want to get players they think can help. The regimes before did not necessarily have that. Because of this they have been able to give better bonuses to UDFA rookies to come here and compete. If I remember correctly they've given as high as $100,000 to a UDFA rookie (can't remember which one right now) as a bonus to sign with us over other teams. That's a lot of money to a UDFA. And Stan is the one to thank for that ability.

The 1-2-3-4 punch of Kroenke, Fisher, Snead, and Demoff is looking like a hell of a team I must say. I don't know if we'll ever win a super bowl but I just can't see us not being in the playoff hunt every year going forward barring terrible injury luck.

Edit: Ok I was wrong about the 100,000 to one player... it was over 100k to all UDFAs this year. We were in top 3 with Patriots and Cowboys.

Article: <a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-cowboys-rams-spent-most-guaranteed-money-undrafted-183330077.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 30077.html</a>