Fisher: Ogletree reported to camp out of shape

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Fisher: Ogletree reported to camp out of shape
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_ec4e50ad-90d4-57fe-a0a8-abdddf11ff16.html

In recent weeks, the light switch has been turned for second-year linebacker Alec Ogletree.

According to unofficial press box stats, he had a team-high 13 tackles, and two pass breakups in Sunday's 22-7 victory over Denver.

Ogletree also had an interception a week earlier in Arizona.

"I think he's got a much better feel for what he's doing," coach Jeff Fisher said.

And one other thing. . . .

"It took him a while to get in good shape," Fisher said.

League sources had told the Post-Dispatch at the start of training camp that Ogletree reported to camp overweight. Fisher basically confirmed that at his regular Monday press conference.

"I don't think he was in the best of shape when he came to camp," Fisher said. "And so, I think he's played himself into really good shape right now."

Also on Monday, Fisher said he didn't think safety Rodney McLeod should've been called for unnecessary roughness on a third-quarter play where he struck Denver wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, knocking him out of the game with concussion symptoms.

But Fisher agreed that cornerback Janoris Jenkins should've been called for delay of game later in the third quarter when he swatted the ball away from the line of scrimmage.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Didn't he have an INT is this game too? Freaking playing great ball right now.