Fisher must get the Vermeil treatment

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think it's a safe comparison to look at where the Rams were in 1998 with Vermeil and where they are now with Fisher.

I'd say Fisher is a capable administrator and delegater but not a pseudo-GM. His choices for coordinators have left a lot to be desired and it seems as though that responsibility needs to be taken away from him. He, IMO of course, is too loyal to his guys to the extent that it becomes detrimental to the team.

With Schottenheimer for example, continuity and stability have been placed at a premium and at this point, at a cost to the team. I think the system is being put above utilizing the players at hand. Perhaps the system itself is fine with the right players but if the players on hand aren't equipped to consistently execute then you have to adjust.

And adjusting seems like a major shortcoming of this staff on offense and defense. The offense has been inconsistent at best and the defense has taken a step back. Now, an effort has been made to address shortcomings so I'm not saying this group hasn't tried to improve but the approach they are taking is obviously flawed.

To that end, I think Fisher needs to have a level of control taken away. "His" guys are not making this team better.