Fisher likes the receivers we already have

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

yet they're going after britt, and have said "Britt won't change the way we look at watkins/evans."

and then there's this from nick wagoner's chat

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/wagoner-chat-highlights-britt-interest-a-head-scratcher.24371/
—The interest in Britt is a head scratcher to me. I agree with you completely. Britt is not a clear upgrade and would take valuable reps from the young receivers on the roster.

—Fisher’s Comments on the Rams WR’s? It can be hard to decipher what’s real and what’s not this time of year. I think part of it is they have to express as much confidence as possible in the current group to keep them motivated. It’s hard to take those comments at face value while the team is pursuing Kenny Britt, though.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The comments were more entertaining than the article,read like the PD board.

How anyone who isn't paid to coach the game ( and a lot who do) can know what we have in this bunch beyond what their physical gifts are is beyond me. The light doesn't go on for most wrs. until 2nd or 3rd. year.
Watching "Jerry Rice a Football Life " this past week was a reminder that there were people who wanted Walsh fired for drafting Rice and the bust label hung on him for alarming numbers of drops early in his career.

Memphis Ram

Legend

How anyone who isn't paid to coach the game ( and a lot who do) can know what we have in this bunch beyond what their physical gifts are is beyond me. The light doesn't go on for most wrs. until 2nd or 3rd. year.
Watching "Jerry Rice a Football Life " this past week was a reminder that there were people who wanted Walsh fired for drafting Rice and the bust label hung on him for alarming numbers of drops early in his career.

iz0fW.gif

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Yeah, that and thoe PD comments all got thumbs down. You gotta post something really stupid on PFT to get thumbs down.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
AND OBTW Rice had Montana throwing him the ball NOT Kellen Clemens and was playing on a team that had won two SB's.
FWIW if I was going to go for just the athlete and stuck at 2 I'd take Matthews or Robinson THEN Clowney or Mack ahead of Watkins our d-line may be our best unit but our wrs. are our most athletic and are IMO potentially better.
Britt? One of the reasons coaches "go for" their old players in FA is obviously because they KNOW what they CAN do.
Finnegan was to some degree a mistake,not because he was NEVER good enough for the contract but because the judgement was made he'd last,he didn't, the CF Fisher remembered would have been the crowning piece of a great secondary,Birtt is still a viable option and bringing him in to compete is probably all Fisher is offering,hence the holdup.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
If indeed the Rams have a satisfactory WR corp, then someone please answer the question that I've asked before......Please name the "go to guy" in this bunch....if there isn't one, then this position is not complete.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If indeed the Rams have a satisfactory WR corp, then someone please answer the question that I've asked before......Please name the "go to guy" in this bunch....if there isn't one, then this position is not complete.
Adding a rookie isn't necessarily going to mean you can name that player either.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

I would say the four or five latent "go to guy" of the Ram wide outs will be that guy in 2014. I love all our receivers when they don't drop a pass too.

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
OR THAT he has not emerged from the bunch as of yet .
If you can't discount that as a possibility,and you can't................then your conclusion doesn't mean anyone needs to be added.

WOW I knew I hated 49ers fans, but wanting a guy fired for drafting a WR who had more yards in his rookie year than any player on the Rams since Torry Holt in 2007 :eek:, maybe I'm just so starved of good receivers that a rookie putting up 927 yards looks good regardless of drops...or anything really.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
WOW I knew I hated 49ers fans, but wanting a guy fired for drafting a WR who had more yards in his rookie year than any player on the Rams since Torry Holt in 2007 :eek:, maybe I'm just so starved of good receivers that a rookie putting up 927 yards looks good regardless of drops...or anything really.
DId you check his game by game stats he was pretty bad early on but they kept throwing to him ,I guess they could afford to late in games with leads etc.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would say the four or five latent "go to guy" of the Ram wide outs will be that guy in 2014. I love all our receivers when they don't drop a pass too.

Yes, I hope that Fisher has already a good idea of who that "go to guy" is among the WR crop that we have. They have another year under their belt and should be ready to make Sam a playoff QB.

jap

Legend
Sam seems to be the type of QB who doesn't need a go to WR, per se. Having one or two (think Isaac & Torry) is always a plus. However, Sam is so damn accurate all he needs is receivers he can have a decent trust level with, and he can get them the rock. He had no great receivers at Oklahoma. There his best catcher was his TE.

Ram_of_Old

Sam seems to be the type of QB who doesn't need a go to WR, per se. Having one or two (think Isaac & Torry) is always a plus. However, Sam is so damn accurate all he needs is receivers he can have a decent trust level with, and he can get them the rock. He had no great receivers at Oklahoma. There his best catcher was his TE.

I guess you could argue that...."what's his name" that went to the Putriots was he go to receiver at one time.....(funny how you forget the names of people who you feel screwed your team over)

DId you check his game by game stats he was pretty bad early on but they kept throwing to him ,I guess they could afford to late in games with leads etc.

He topped the 62.5 yards mark (1,000 yards per season) in his 1st game but only did it once more in his 1st 8. but the underlined part is why they were idiots. Are you sure those fans weren't on the 49ers Talk forum? ;)

Ram_of_Old

He topped the 62.5 yards mark (1,000 yards per season) in his 1st game but only did it once more in his 1st 8. but the underlined part is why they were idiots. Are you sure those fans weren't on the 49ers Talk forum? ;)

Could have been. I have heard Rice is an egomaniac. Anyone else hear that?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Could have been. I have heard Rice is an egomaniac. Anyone else hear that?
Actually I think it's the opposite,I think he has issues feeling "worthy" if he doesn't excel and loves the prep. which I can identify with,I love training ,love high reps. when it's something I want to excel at.