Fisher has had his fill of offside penalties/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
Eliminate the penalties and keep the aggression.

Using other teams success vs penalty rate is illogical imo

What JL said was an excuse that sounds great, but its still an excuse.

#Band of Brothers.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My... you do like to go back and forth with me... :sneaky:

A lot of times, I buy into the "coach speak" thing... but he was definitely more demonstrative about this.

So, regardless of fan theories, I'll take his word on this one... I think those penalties are bothering him.

Now, the more interesting question is: Why?
Yeah, I agree, he was very frustrated about it, and the follow up question. More so than I can remember.

Ram65

Legend
I question the need to be offside as a defensive lineman. The QB cadence is getting them. Too many for the Rams. Shoot they even lineup offside. No darn excuse for that.

MrMotes

Starter
But as JL said, teams that get in the backfield have them. Teams that don't - don't. The Seahawks led the league in penalties when they won the Superbowl. They also were a defense that played in the other team's backfield. A half step slower and you are not playing in that backfield.

Get better at not committing those penalties? Sure. At the price of letting the O-line get a step on you? No thanks.

No team has more sacks than the Rams since Fisher has been here. Our defense is top 5 in just about every category you can come up with, including 2nd in offensive points allowed.

What we're doing on defense seems to be working pretty good...

Alan

Legend
I've heard him talk about penalties many times and nothing has ever changed. I'm not holding my breath.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Ah, yes... the age old discussion regarding penalties... do they really matter or not? There's no correlation to winning/losing and penalties, right?

I always come back to the same thing... if there is no correlation, why do these head coaches get so upset by them?

In this case, they are happening because of aggressive play... why is Fisher so upset? You think he believes they cost him this game? If not, why the outrage?

Food for thought...

There is only a correlation if your team isn't good enough to overcome them. We're not good enough for that.

fearsomefour

Legend
They drive me crazy too ! I guess that's part of being aggressive on D!
Would love to see them go away but I agree kind of a trade off with quick jumps. Brockers and Fairley should not try to be Donald (not that they are) because they are not.
The aggressive D approach will come with some penalties.
As a high school coach told me as I wobbled off the field with my ears ringing after getting blindsided...."Cost of doing business, son."

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Offsides comes with the territory when you get after the passer. Lining up on the neutral zone is just silly. It's like, do you need glasses, the fucking football is right there. Don't go over it. I'm actually much more concerned with false starts, illegal motion, and the rest of the offensive penalties. they hurt us worse because unlike the defense, they're not good enough to overcome. I suppose it'll take 150 in one game before this staff notices enough to get this worked up about it though.

We have got to have a good offensive game against the Bears.

MrMotes

Starter
Great week for the defense and props to coach Fisher, not a single offsides penalty against the defense this week.

Kudos!

MrMotes

Starter
This makes two weeks in a row without an offsides penalty on the defense.

Mission accomplished.

Where's the love?