First thought this morn. How quickly can we sign Dolamite?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I think it's pretty freaking obvious it needs to be done. The comfort level between him and Sam is at a all time high. His performance last evening after coming back from injury was amazing against that d.

If anyone deserves it, it's Danny. He has become a prolific player for this offense, and imo it's paramount that we re-sign him.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Re: First thought this morn. How quickly can we sign Dolamit

Username said:
I think it's pretty freaking obvious it needs to be done. The comfort level between him and Sam is at a all time high. His performance last evening after coming back from injury was amazing against that d.

If anyone deserves it, it's Danny. He has become a prolific player for this offense, and imo it's paramount that we re-sign him.
Yeah, I'm down for that too. Our offense is so much better when he's in there. I wish Bradford could become more comfortable with other receivers like he is with Dolamite

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Not quick enough. Dude is nails.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

X said:
Not quick enough. Dude is nails.
After SJax he is now my favorite player on the team...and he is starting to pull even with SJax in my book.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler

Username said:

Agreed. Demoff has done a good job locking up some of the young "core" players this season and Amendola is due up next.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex

Is it healthy for guys to have man-crushes? Cause I am completely crushing on Amendola(No homo)......lol
Anyways, if he signs with the patriots after this season I'm going to be heart broken. :sick:

bluecoconuts

Legend

Killgasm said:
Is it healthy for guys to have man-crushes? Cause I am completely crushing on Amendola(No homo)......lol
Anyways, if he signs with the patriots after this season I'm going to be heart broken. :sick:

Amendola and Bradford for sure.

stan

Rookie

Killgasm said:

Pats don't need him plus playing in snow isn't that appealing. Demoff gets him signed.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

Agree. Anyone know what our cap situation looks like next year?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Can't be quickly enough. The guy's one of the best - if not the best - slot receivers in the league.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

libertadrocks said:
According to KD, we're projected to be anywhere between $7-10M under the cap next year. Could be more if they don't re-sign Jackson and let other free agents walk (like Gibson). Plus there are a couple of one-year guys that may or may not return. Either way, we'd have to make some more room to lock Dolamite up AND sign all of our draft picks next year.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

X said:
libertadrocks said:
According to KD, we're projected to be anywhere between $7-10M under the cap next year. Could be more if they don't re-sign Jackson and let other free agents walk (like Gibson). Plus there are a couple of one-year guys that may or may not return. Either way, we'd have to make some more room to lock Dolamite up AND sign all of our draft picks next year.

Thanks.

Either way you have to figure SJ isnt as big of a cap impact as the 7-10 number probably indicates. He is A) no longer here or B)re-signed for less. Hope KD chooses B. SJ proved his worth to the team yesterday. That dump off pass to him when he plowed through Patrick Willis was awesome. He's due 7mn.

Have to figure Gibson is gone.
Depending on the K structure, maybe Scott Wells too.
Fletcher is probably a FA luxury we wont be able to afford.
Dahl is gone(hopefully).
Q is expensive at 6 million due next year.
Steve Smith is toast.

bluecoconuts

Legend

libertadrocks said:
X said:
libertadrocks said:

Thanks.

Either way you have to figure SJ isnt as big of a cap impact as the 7-10 number probably indicates. He is A) no longer here or B)re-signed for less. Hope KD chooses B. SJ proved his worth to the team yesterday. That dump off pass to him when he plowed through Patrick Willis was awesome. He's due 7mn.

Dahl is gone(hopefully).
Steve Smith is toast.

If we draft a S in the first two rounds I think Q is might be gone. Hopefully Stewart is able to overtake Dahl for the other spot though.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

bluecoconuts said:
libertadrocks said:
X said:
libertadrocks said:

Thanks.

Dahl is gone(hopefully).
Steve Smith is toast.

If we draft a S in the first two rounds I think Q is might be gone. [hil]Hopefully Stewart is able to overtake Dahl for the other spot though[/hil].

That is not going to happen, since it didn't happen over bye week, and Stewart was inactive for the game. This staff doesn't like him for whatever reason, because they can't like Dahl, can they? I think we will have 2 new starting safeties next year, and none of them named Mikell, Dahl, or Stewart.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

Dahl is a FA in 13. We paid him 1.2 mill this year.

I would like to think Stewart could over take him, if not the coaching staff looks to like the future prospects of Daniels and McLeod.

There are some really solid S prospects coming out this year. Given our need for S we should definitly try and target one early.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

libertadrocks said:
Dahl is a FA in 13. We paid him 1.2 mill this year.

I would like to think Stewart could over take him, if not the coaching staff looks to like the future prospects of Daniels and McLeod.

There are some really solid S prospects coming out this year. Given our need for S we should definitly try and [hil]target one early[/hil].
Yes.

I bet 90% of this board thinks that Stewart is better than Dahl, but he ain't playing, and it's Fishers call. If Fish doesn't like him, he's not going to play.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm guessing amendola, with his play this season, has added a few million to his yearly salary. now that the whole league knows he is the full package he will be in big demand if the rams let him hit free agency. seeing how important he is to the offense i'm assuming the rams won't let that happen.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame

Amendola continues to amaze me. I always knew he was a scrappy SOB, but I really didn't think he had the kind of talent that he does. He is just a flat-out great player. He is, in my book, one of the toughest players in the NFL. SIGN HIM.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

You know what I learned about Danny after that game? I don't know shit about Danny. I thought he had reached his ceiling as a player, which was a pretty high ceiling for a slot receiver. After the SF game, I truly don't know what his ceiling is, but I do know that it is rising...

bluecoconuts

Legend

DR RAM said:
You know what I learned about Danny after that game? I don't know shit about Danny. I thought he had reached his ceiling as a player, which was a pretty high ceiling for a slot receiver. After the SF game, I truly don't know what his ceiling is, but I do know that it is rising...

Biggest thing is health. He's pushing himself right now, he said he was playing through pain. He's not injury prone or anything like that, just kind of unlucky. Gotta keep him on the field and gotta keep him in horns for a long time.

I think he and Bradford are the two most important players on this offense right now.