First thing I do...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Cut Jake Long.

First off I don't in any way hold Jake responsible for Sam's injury, it's not his fault he was put out there when clearly not ready.

That said Jake was brought in to protect Sam, there is no Sam to protect, as such I'd rather play our number 2 overall pick in his long term position, and put some of the Long money into re-signing Barksdale.

Robinson may not have been the best option in the short term when it came to protecting Sam, but we should be thinking long term now, I'd rather take my lumps with Robinson learning how to be a NFL LT, than take my lumps with Robinson learning how to be a NFL LG and then learning a whole new position whilst trying to bed in a rookie QB (assuming we draft one next year). Let's use this opportunity to sure up both tackle spots for the next 4 years or so.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why stop there? Make it a two-fer. Get rid of Chris Long and his salary so we can make room for Michael Sam.

The fuck?

Jake Long was brought in to protect the QB. Not Bradford. His job is still important, and maybe even moreso now. And his learning to play guard is an asset when you take into account how Boudreau covets versatility in his linemen. This isn't a bad thing he's going through right now at all. So, gonna have to give you a big fat no on that one.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I surely can't be alone in thinking this team can still make a play off run. Sam had nothing to do with the running game other than handing the all off. Sam had nothing to do with our defence.

Maybe I'm being naive but this is still a good team

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the most ridiculous idea that has come out since Sam's injury. And that includes all of the proposed trades and proposed signings of players like Tebow.

Why on earth would you cut a Pro Bowl LT because he struggled in his FIRST GAME BACK FROM A TORN ACL?

Greg Robinson is NOT ready to play LT right now. No reason to try and speed up his development when you have a LT. You're not helping him by doing that.

Rams and Gators, I have a lot of respect for you, my friend, but I don't think this idea was well thought out.

This team still has the pieces to contend.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
IDK about cutting Jake Long, but at this point I'm a little worried about all the money we gave to RS....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why stop there? Make it a two-fer. Get rid of Chris Long and his salary so we can make room for Michael Sam.

The freak?

Jake Long was brought in to protect the QB. Not Bradford. His job is still important, and maybe even moreso now. And his learning to play guard is an asset when you take into account how Boudreau covets versatility in his linemen. This isn't a bad thing he's going through right now at all. So, gonna have to give you a big fat no on that one.

If we had drafted Clowney at number 2 overall and could only play 2 Des and Chris Long was coming off a major knee injury and had durability concerns I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So no one likes the idea :oops:.

What was the point in switching Robinson between the two positions all off season, why not let him get comfortable at the LG position?

And at what point will he be ready? Is there really no benefit to him playing LT this year?

What do we do this off season, because we probably don't have the money to keep both Long and Barksdale if we have any intention of re-signing Quinn. Do we just let Barksdale walk, or is it the intention to get 1 more year out of Long?

VARam

Jake Long is a Ram bust.

Rightly or wrongly the QB makes everyone better. The 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs are anomalies. You've got to have an elite or well functioned quarterback to compete in this league. The rams have none and by the time they do luck into one, the young guys will be past their prime.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The first thing I do is talk to Kroenke and ask him if he would let me hire Mike Martz as a dedicated QB coach,then I'd do it ,there is no one anywhere who can make a street free agent into an NFL starter better,he can accelerate a QBs progress like no other.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm actually not opposed to the idea. But now who is your 5 starters?
Robinson
Joseph
Wells
Saffold
Barksdale

Again, I'm not opposed to it, and your exactly right about Robinson being the future LT. I think Long is cut next year, unless he plays really well(like last season) and stay healthy.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Jake Long is a Ram bust.

Rightly or wrongly the QB makes everyone better. The 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs are anomalies. You've got to have an elite or well functioned quarterback to compete in this league. The rams have none and by the time they do luck into one, the young guys will be past their prime.

Jake Long played very well up until his injury last year. Every QB takes hits, there is no perfect offensive line. Jake Long is about as good as it gets at LT.

We can and will win without Bradford I believe. You don't need an elite QB to win the SuperBowl. Hill is not some unproven scrub either. We have a defense and a running game that is similar to what carried Seattle to a trophy last year which is all we really need. Tell the Broncos that an elite QB is the difference and then ask why they invested so much money in a defense this offseason.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Logic is hard to come by at times but I always say - KISS. Keep it simple stupid. We just lost our most important player to injury? How to make the team better? Cut our best o-lineman and LT?? No. This is not the answer.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Jake Long is a Ram bust.

How exactly are Super Bowl winning teams anomalies?

If you are a starting QB on a Super Bowl winning team you are ELITE
Sorry

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Cut all the QB's and have Hekker perform double duty as P/QB. Then just sit back and smell the greenery, boys.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Jake long is our best run blocker. We will now be more run heavy. This just doesn't seem right. However I think Madden releases tonight so feel free to make that change there!