First Look: Rams travel to Denver to wrap up preseason against Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I suspect they're hiding Pircher. If that is true and they have been working him at LT then I doubt they play him tonight.

I would like to see Evans at RT too but I'm guessing Brewer gets the most time at RT tonight.

Expecting this OL:

LT Jackson
LG Meredith
C Shelton
RG Evans
RT Brewer

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I just finally found out my first seen information on the lower leg injury to RT Tremayne Ancrum.

Rams Injury Report vs Broncos Week 3​

The following Rams players have been ruled out for today’s game against the Denver Broncos: Nick Scott (out), Robert Rochell (questionable), Trishton Jackson (questionable), Tremayne Anchrum (questionable).

I will be quickly looking to see which OL'er starts @ RT? Chandler Brewer, Alaric Jackson, Bobby Evans, Max Pircher.

I would prefer to see Chandler Brewer start off early, then a big dose of Alarc Jackson & then Max Picher late.

I suspect they're hiding Pircher. If that is true and they have been working him at LT then I doubt they play him tonight.

I would like to see Evans at RT too but I'm guessing Brewer gets the most time at RT tonight.

Expecting this OL:

LT Jackson
LG Meredith
C Shelton
RG Evans
RT Brewer

This line-up works for me, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Shelton get some time at OG since so many seem convinced he has 'swing' capabilities, then Kolone would play some Center. Evans is the likely RG starter if Anchrum is ruled out imo.
Still, Bonifay has Anchrum listed as questionable and not ruled out completely apparently, so my preferred starting line-up remains :

LT - Jackson
LG - Meredith
C - Shelton
RG - Anchrum
RT - Brewer

It would be great if these players could play the entire game rather than substitute others in at halftime. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This line-up works for me, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Shelton get some time at OG since so many seem convinced he has 'swing' capabilities, then Kolone would play some Center. Evans is the likely RG starter if Anchrum is ruled out imo.
Still, Bonifay has Anchrum listed as questionable and not ruled out completely apparently, so my preferred starting line-up remains :

LT - Jackson
LG - Meredith
C - Shelton
RG - Anchrum
RT - Brewer

It would be great if these players could play the entire game rather than substitute others in at halftime. jmo.
River the report said Anchrum has been ruled out. All of the Rams ruled out on the list were questionable.

Ref, Anchrum...if he does not play either he has clearly nailed down a OL MR53 spot or he might be more injured than anyone knows at this point. Hopefully, we will see him on the sideline walking around in shorts with no gimp. If I don't see him my alert system will be going off.

Ref. Coleman Shelton...might be a real good idea to get him all the snaps @ center as possible from my point of view. Just in case you were interested .......I would trust Shelton more @ OG than Evans.
Afternoon Merlin can you help me out with answering a few questions?

Why do you want to see Evans @ RT?

So he might bump RT Tremayne Anchrum out of his MR53?

What purpose do you see with Evans playing RT ? :thinking:The only reason I can think of is for trade bait showing for a future draft pick.

What does that do to help this OL in #3 preseason when we already have extra OT's Noteboom & Anchrum possibly OT Jackson & a stashed OT Pircher?

Is there an issue ongoing with our 4 or 5 OT cadre that would indicate that Evans was needed @ OT this season?

I am wrong to think the issues are in the interior where Evans has been the mainstay interior OL'er & the cause of my concerns:bomb:

Jordan Meredith is NOT a concern & he has outplayed Evans every which way as a rookie UDFA !

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
River the report said Anchrum has been ruled out. All of the Rams ruled out on the list were questionable.

Ref. Coleman Shelton...might be a real good idea to get him all the snaps @ center as possible from my point of view. Just in case you were interested .......I would trust Shelton more @ OG than Evans.

Jordan Meredith is NOT a concern & he has outplayed Evans every which way as a rookie UDFA !

Guess I read it wrong.
I would trust a door knob more than Evans at RG, although I haven't seen enough of Shelton at either OG position to have much of an opinion of him as a swing C/OG.
No doubt about Meredith, would hate to see him get bumped by Evans on the 31'st.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Guess I read it wrong.
I would trust a door knob more than Evans at RG, although I haven't seen enough of Shelton at either OG position to have much of an opinion of him as a swing C/OG.
No doubt about Meredith, would hate to see him get bumped by Evans on the 31'st.
Funny I did the same several times myself.

Yeah, I like to have seen more of Shelton working the OG posts in the preseason. Now I do know that I have seen him a lot @ RG in TC photos. Rams have the need currently & more importantly in the future for a young interior OC/LG/RG. There is no other bigger concern is there?

Rookie interior Econo cap cost Jordan Meredith fills that big concern much more than Bobby Evans by a long way. Meredith can be an important part of this OL unit past the 2025 season. Both the Rams centers will be involved in Free Agency in March 2022.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I'll be watching the trenches all game. Both lines will need to step it up before the season starter. And that's where the depth needs to be. The Rams need solid backup players on the offensive and defensive lines.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
The best part for me about this game, is that it”#the last one!

Totally, Agree! Other than giving the Coaching Staffs a look at some possible reserves I don’t really see the need for 3 (IF, ANY!) Pre Season Games!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Afternoon Merlin can you help me out with answering a few questions?

Why do you want to see Evans @ RT?

So he might bump RT Tremayne Anchrum out of his MR53?

What purpose do you see with Evans playing RT ? :thinking:The only reason I can think of is for trade bait showing for a future draft pick.

What does that do to help this OL in #3 preseason when we already have extra OT's Noteboom & Anchrum possibly OT Jackson & a stashed OT Pircher?

Is there an issue ongoing with our 4 or 5 OT cadre that would indicate that Evans was needed @ OT this season?

I am wrong to think the issues are in the interior where Evans has been the mainstay interior OL'er & the cause of my concerns:bomb:

Let's see here...

Well first off our new OL coach seems to be unlike Kromer in that he is not as aggressive on crosstraining. So we might not see much juggling of spots.

But re: Evans he looks like odd man out. And he is a third round pick, so I would like to get another look at him on the edge. RT specifically for that matter so he doesn't have to deal with scrambled feet too.

Re: the interior this is why I think Shelton has a chance to make this roster. Also Meredith as well has a chance but Shelton playing Center is an advantage for him.

I'm guessing we may keep 10 OL. Depending on how well that OL group plays vs the other offense positions.

So there is a lot riding on this game for that final round of cuts.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Let's see here...

Well first off our new OL coach seems to be unlike Kromer in that he is not as aggressive on crosstraining. So we might not see much juggling of spots.

But re: Evans he looks like odd man out. And he is a third round pick, so I would like to get another look at him on the edge. RT specifically for that matter so he doesn't have to deal with scrambled feet too.

Re: the interior this is why I think Shelton has a chance to make this roster. Also Meredith as well has a chance but Shelton playing Center is an advantage for him.

I'm guessing we may keep 10 OL. Depending on how well that OL group plays vs the other offense positions.

So there is a lot riding on this game for that final round of cuts.
I would think that Stafford is also asking for a 10 player OL unit too. Wonder if he carries any weight with this team

I am sold on Rookie Jordan Meredith as the main swinger on those inside posts. Rams will be forced to keep OC Shelton due to the degrading mess ongoing with Evans unless Meredith just blows coach Carberry away with his OC performance too. Going with those two reserves leaves me with no concerns.

If starting LG Edwards were to come up gimpy for a while the Rams can easily shift Oldman Whitworth to LG & run LT Noteboom back out there to start next to Whitworth on that left side. Note: Whitworth played LG for his first 3 NFL seasons. I know of no reason why he would have any issues working inside for a bit.

I also see real concerns @ RG if there were a need if 2nd season OL'er Tremayne Anchrum was available to move a few ft inside for Corbett. Cutting Evans provides an outstanding opportunity in the protection of LT Alaric Jackson as a Ram for next season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If starting LG Edwards were to come up gimpy for a while the Rams can easily shift Oldman Whitworth to LG & run LT Noteboom back out there to start next to Whitworth on that left side. Note: Whitworth played LG for his first 3 NFL seasons. I know of no reason why he would have any issues working inside for a bit.
You and I differ mostly on Boom. Outside of that I think we see things similarly. If for whatever reason Edwards were to miss time I'd stick Anchrum in at LG. Dropoff from Edwards to Anchrum at OG is less than the dropoff from Whit to Boom at LT. Though I will add that the Rams probably agree with you. Hopefully we'll never have to see though lol.

I am starting to warm on Carberry. That depth OL he has put together hasn't given us a ton of points but with Perkins at QB they have done a pretty good job considering. Well enough to at least eat clock and win enough snaps to get some good looks at skill depth. Evans being the weakest link has been a surprise. If you had told me that would be the case pre-camp I would never have believed that he'd be outperformed by these guys. Which tells me Carberry has done a great job with them.

This has been one of the best preseasons I can remember btw. Not that I'm nuking film of preseason or anything but still I cannot recall having this deep a team. Deep enough to not be blown out by any opponent in spite of most of our good players being held out. It really is impressive. There's going to be quite a few players cut that I really like. I just hope our starters are ready to play at a high level.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Expecting this OL:

LT Jackson
LG Meredith
C Shelton
RG Evans
RT Brewer
It doesn’t matter if we’re hiding Pircher or not. If he’s on the practice squad as an international signing, he can’t be poached and counts as a de-facto seventeenth practice squad member. He can’t be called up this year under that designation, though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It doesn’t matter if we’re hiding Pircher or not. If he’s on the practice squad as an international signing, he can’t be poached and counts as a de-facto seventeenth practice squad member. He can’t be called up this year under that designation, though.
My understanding is he will need to get through waivers regardless of his international status.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I would take Perkins over Teddy tbh. Teddy's a guy who needs shit good around him and even then he can't pull the trigger half the time. Another flag football QB.

Broncos might be calling for a QB after this one lol.
Perkins reminds me of Teddy, not the running of course, but his arm and the motion.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Perkins isn't a #2, due to his weak arm strength imho