Finnegan has Asomughaitis?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A career that fizzled before his time?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10198441/nnamdi-asomugha-retire-oakland-raider-11-seasons-nfl

dm_131226_Asomugha_To_Retire.jpg

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Former All-Pro cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who signed a five-year, $60 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2011, will retire as a member of the Oakland Raiders after 11 years in the NFL.

The Raiders said Asomugha, 32, will announce his retirement officially at a news conference at team headquarters Friday.

Asomugha had his greatest success in the NFL with the Raiders, totaling 11 interceptions after being drafted in the first round out of California in 2003. He earned three Pro Bowl selections in eight seasons in Oakland and was a first-team All-Pro in 2008 and '10.

Asomugha struggled after joining Philadelphia as a high-profile free agent in 2011, a contract that paid him $25 million guaranteed. After two seasons with the Eagles, Asomugha played three games with San Francisco this season, making only two tackles, before being cut last month.

Oakland said Asomugha will be joined at his announcement Friday by legendary Raiders defensive backs Willie Brown, Lester Hayes and Charles Woodson.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Alan

Legend
Unlike Asmugha who I really liked, I never liked CF and didn't like his signing.

I've always felt he was too small and that it would catch up to him eventually.

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah, I feel like Finny is pretty much done. Atleast with the high level of play.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If this is caught in it's early stages is it treatable? Can CF be saved?

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Unless he has an injury we were unaware of the first few games...unfortunately I this is true

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
In which case I have to say we need to put him down lol.

Ha! Yep, off to the glue factory for Mr. Finny if he can't regain his form.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
In which case I have to say we need to put him down lol.

Rams had to fork over $27 million guaranteed just to get him here in Ram park before he played his first game....CF started fair enough but the burden of all those millions just wore him down...he's not a big guy I saw where he lost about 10 pounds from 2012 to this season putting him in the 170 plus range and he is under 5-10....so in reality he will never be a starting outside corner in today's evolving NFL, with the tall big WR's we see...& the NFC west Division has many. In truth is was always a Bonafied Nickle who played free safety in College. Fisher plays the Nickle more than the base so I understand why Fisher brought him in. But with Rod McLeod playing the Nickle as good as CF for about 15 million less its not a hard decision on my part.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Really crazy what happened to Nnamdi. Stud CB becomes a huge bust in Philly...then a nobody. I also didn't realize he's been in the pros that long.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Rams had to fork over $27 million guaranteed just to get him here in Ram park before he played his first game....CF started fair enough but the burden of all those millions just wore him down...he's not a big guy I saw where he lost about 10 pounds from 2012 to this season putting him in the 170 plus range and he is under 5-10....so in reality he will never be a starting outside corner in today's evolving NFL, with the tall big WR's we see...& the NFC west Division has many. In truth is was always a Bonafied Nickle who played free safety in College. Fisher plays the Nickle more than the base so I understand why Fisher brought him in. But with Rod McLeod playing the Nickle as good as CF for about 15 million less its not a hard decision on my part.

27 mil. is no big deal. No one else wanted to come to a 15-65 team. He did his job and helped get the team closer to .500 last year.

I thought he might have had another year in him but in CB years he's old.
I don't care what the cap total is he can't play anymore so he has to go. And let's hope we can upgrade the nickle from McLeod. He is only marginally better than CF at this point.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Like Yamaha's?

27 mil. is no big deal.
Real big deal too me when you do not have any cap money to spend in the off season due to paying a non starting, non playing, IR, fading & poor on field performance CB you have problems.

No one else wanted to come to a 15-65 team.

Agree

He did his job and helped get the team closer to .500 last year.

When I hired a person paid him mega $$ up front to lead & perform @ a outstanding level & this persons does not fullfill any of that in which he was hired I could not say he "DID" his job.

And let's hope we can upgrade the nickle from McLeod. He is only marginally better than CF at this point.

I agree I would like to upgrade the Nickle back myself. I have my eyes on two prospective rookies Nickle back either Darqueze Dennard or Lamarcus Joyner. However I would like to say I think Rodney McLeod plays the Nickle much better than CF did this season. McLeod is seriously versatile! He can play any of Fishers secondary positions this is a very valuable DB! No other Ram DB can do what Rodney McLeod can do for Fisher.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

It's just a gamble that has to be taken in improving the team. Free agency is almost riskier than the draft considering the age of the players.
Look at what the Rams had in the secondary when they signed CF, Bartell & Fletcher coming off big pain. Hood and King was about it. They had no idea what the draft would bring, so yeah they rolled the bones.

I'm sure the team and CF wish this year had went better but it is what it is.
And I don't recall any other top CB beating on Sneed's door wanting a job on a 2-14 team.
I hope CF cam come back and play at high level for less$$$ because I like what he brings to the team kn and off the field.