Finding the Fits: Zac Stacy to take over for SJax for Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Re: Finding the Fits: Zac Stacy to take over for SJax for Ra

albefree69 said:
Afro Ram up in arms over phrasing:
I find that "is Stacy the next Steven Jackson" image borderline offenssive
Have all the hope you want for zac but Jackson is a proven veteran running back who played on some of the worst NFL teams over the past decade. There is no comparison and there never will be.

"Will Stacy fill Steven Jackson's role for the Rams?" would have been much better but it's what they're really saying. No one is comparing a rookie to SJ. It's just lazy phrasing.

Relax Afro Ram, it's gonna be a long hot summer. :ww:

You're right. That post was way too much. I woke up a little cranky this morning.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Afro Ram being secretive:

I don't see your pin on the map. What's up? We can track you down if necessary you know. :lol:

A55VA6

Legend

You have to look at offensive line play as well. From highlights I've seen, Stacy seems to make alot of plays himself, with his vision. Rarely the O line blocked well.

nighttrain

Legend

CGI_Ram said:
If our oline stays healthy; I think all 3 of these running backs have success.

The guy that gets the most carries will; a) protect the ball and b) pick up the blitz

I have confidence in all 3 right now.

PS... I love Stacy's running style! He is a bowling ball.

EDIT: This has been posted before, but check it out if you missed it;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNNyrgjZYLo[/youtube]
Kinda reminds me of Dick Bass, ol time Ram HB really good between the tackles
train

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

A55VA6 said:
bwdenverram said:
I'm not sure how we're comparing a 7th round pick to a 1st round pick. One who rushed for 1,000 yards in 8 straight seasons and the other who hasn't played a down in the NFL. Stacy may end up being a good player, he may not. But let's see the guy play a down first.

JMO, but I've seen both play in college and I'll put my money on Pead.
Stacy was a 5th rounder, but I understand what you're saying.

When a team losing a guy like SJ, its common to talk who's replacing him.

My bad, 5th round pick. But yeah, still don't understand the expectation on a 5th round pick. When I watched tape he looked good, but he's no SJ, IMHO. I don't even think he's as good as Pead. Of course I hope I'm wrong. when 5th rounders pan out it's great for the team. But let's see them all play first.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ

X said:
Not to get anyone crazy, but...

Is 77 yards per game and 7 TDs per season (rush and receptions combined) really that hard to replace? He did a lot of good things here, and he had the heart of a Lion, but I don't see how we're going to be that much worse off. Obviously somebody's going to have to learn to pick up blitzes and pass-block, but that wasn't Jackson's strength coming into the league either. In fact, he sucked at that initially.

I understand he faced 22 men in the box all the time, and the whole stadium was keyed on him, but wouldn't you think that would result in quite a few more breakaways? That's actually how you want a defense grouped when you're a RB. Everyone right at the LOS. That way if you get that one cut, or beat that one man, the rest of the field is wide open.

Anway. I'm not trying to denigrate Jackson or make it look like his achievements weren't great. I'm just saying that at closer inspection, it doesn't seem to be that daunting a task to get parallel production from another back.

^ that is what I have been trying to say all along

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

nighttrain said:
CGI_Ram said:
If our oline stays healthy; I think all 3 of these running backs have success.

The guy that gets the most carries will; a) protect the ball and b) pick up the blitz

I have confidence in all 3 right now.

PS... I love Stacy's running style! He is a bowling ball.

EDIT: This has been posted before, but check it out if you missed it;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNNyrgjZYLo[/youtube]
Kinda reminds me of Dick Bass, ol time Ram HB really good between the tackles
train

I like that he runs hard, but he just seems slow to me. A little similar to what X was eluding to about SJ. Don't see him breaking many big plays in the NFL. SJ was getting to the point where he just didn't have the speed he did early on. Hope I'm wrong.