Fenton Chrysler plant out as a possible stadium location.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The is awesome for the area and with quality jobs I'm hoping all of them will be Ram fans and will be heading to the new Stadium in the Gateway City! This is great for the area and will be a huge boost which always benefits the sports teams as well.

Irish

Starter
I work literally on the other side of the highway, and my window faces the plot of land. I often daydream about a giant outdoor stadium towering outside my window and being able to visit Rams village for lunch and drinks with clients, but now at least there will be dozens of potential new clients.

This is good news for the area, as Fenton is a fast growing suburb and the population is starting to turn over to middle-upper middle class with the great subdivisions and the new hospital.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Awesome for the area! There's been a lot of speculation to why the Rams ticket sales are down. Team performance and economic hardship appear to be the front runners as to why.

When I drive to Rams games I take 44 from Springfield all the way to downtown. The traffic and wild routes you have to take to get to the stadium makes me nervous. A stadium at this site was one of my favorite potential landing spots because I wouldn't have to into the city.

It turned out to be a win-win. I love the new potential location because of the river front and it's still downtown. And the region gains strength with potentially 2500 new jobs.

Attendance is looking really gold with this young team starting to gain traction.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The is awesome for the area and with quality jobs I'm hoping all of them will be Ram fans and will be heading to the new Stadium in the Gateway City! This is great for the area and will be a huge boost which always benefits the sports teams as well.

Den,

++++ on being awesome for the area. It will benefit all sports teams if the potential of the jobs come through. Things may be looking up in the region with this, Illinois approving fracking a few days ago, and the possibility of the Keystone XL pipeline on the table again. A branch of Keystone will run through the metro east (Wood River refinery I believe) and onto the massive storage facility in Patoka, IL. I'm just wondering what the mid-term elections had to do with all of this, but I digress.. Not the correct forum.. :cool:

Anyway you look at it though, the larger the tax base state and local govt's have, the easier it will be to put a stadium plan together. Not to mention as you stated above, that it's potentially more fans that have $$$ that can go to a game. Naturally it's out of our control, but just good to see. Fenton may have never been in the plans to begin with, but now it's out of the running and maybe helping in a few ways. Only time will tell my friend. :cool:

PS. This thread was not intended to start a LA vs St. Louis war. It's about a potential stadium in St. louis discussion. I'll just state for the record again.... I've been a Ram fan since the early 70's. If their not going to stay in St. Louis, I hope they do move back to LA. I've met many here and on Facebook from the LA area I've became friends with. I'd want them in LA for that reason. If they move elsewhere, I'll be pissed.. :cool:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I work literally on the other side of the highway, and my window faces the plot of land. I often daydream about a giant outdoor stadium towering outside my window and being able to visit Rams village for lunch and drinks with clients, but now at least there will be dozens of potential new clients.

This is good news for the area, as Fenton is a fast growing suburb and the population is starting to turn over to middle-upper middle class with the great subdivisions and the new hospital.

Irish my man...

Back in the day, I use to live on the SW corner of Manchester (right on the border with Valley Park). I worked in Tree Court Industrial Park for Storz Instruments. Long story short, when I worked there i was on softball team and we played at the Fenton Park. I loved that park. It was huge and well maintained. This was 1990 and 1991. Chrysler was a major reason they had such a fabulous park.

My question to you is how has the park been kept up since Chrysler shut down? I live in Illinois now, but that has always been a worry to me. I had a blast playing softball and going to parties at the pavilions there. First softball diamonds I could ever buy beer at too. :cool:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
PS. This thread was not intended to start a LA vs St. Louis war. It's about a potential stadium in St. louis discussion. I'll just state for the record again.... I've been a Ram fan since the early 70's. If their not going to stay in St. Louis, I hope they do move back to LA. I've met many here and on Facebook from the LA area I've became friends with. I'd want them in LA for that reason. If they move elsewhere, I'll be pissed.. :cool:
From a California fan who has nothing against St. Louis, :cheers:.

I say, from now on, any L.A. fan who bags on St. Louis or any St. Louis fan who bags on L.A., we take care of them. We take care of them good! And of course, I mean...
woy1_612.jpg

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

I say, from now on, any L.A. fan who bags on St. Louis or any St. Louis fan who bags on L.A., we take care of them. We take care of them good! And of course, I mean...
woy1_612.jpg

Here's to you my friend... :cheers:

Is that Roger in the image? :cool:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
It should be. ;)

Yes, I DO want to fix all problems by dumping slime on people.

Slime has been posted on the FB page.. lmao.. Keep on brother. :cool:

bluecoconuts

Legend

woy1_612.jpg

A bonus to dating a St Louis native is that I can go there and visit. I like the area, totally different from LA, which is fun, I don't know why people need to get all hung up on which part of the earth they live on, St Louis is pretty cool.... And they're so nice to give our hockey team all those W's. :p

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
A bonus to dating a St Louis native is that I can go there and visit. I like the area, totally different from LA, which is fun, I don't know why people need to get all hung up on which part of the earth they live on, St Louis is pretty cool.... And they're so nice to give our hockey team all those W's. :p

Easy on the hockey now Cocopuffs.. Those weren't easy wins if IIRC? Close games most were.. This Spring wait until... How about those Dodgers? :cool:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I'm right with you my Ram brother, but as I've posted many times, if you win, they will come! Does not matter where you are. This kills me to post this because I dislike them, but I embrace their paradigme...It was not long ago where many felt the New England Patriots had no fan base because they were too far away from Boston. That's why in the beginning Kraft was looking at Boston as a stadium site, but we all know about Boston City politics.

Anyway in the end they build a new facility right next to their old one and many felt it alienated too many of their fans, however, now the stadium is full to capacity each and every week. If you win Gentlemen, they will come in droves!

Irish

Starter
Awesome for the area! There's been a lot of speculation to why the Rams ticket sales are down. Team performance and economic hardship appear to be the front runners as to why.

When I drive to Rams games I take 44 from Springfield all the way to downtown. The traffic and wild routes you have to take to get to the stadium makes me nervous. A stadium at this site was one of my favorite potential landing spots because I wouldn't have to into the city.

It turned out to be a win-win. I love the new potential location because of the river front and it's still downtown. And the region gains strength with potentially 2500 new jobs.

Attendance is looking really gold with this young team starting to gain traction.

On attendance:

The Blues are averaging between a 5.5 and 6.5 share on their weeknight games, peaking at 7.5 when they played the Devils, of all teams, on a Thursday night this past week. Just for some perspective, the Cardinals average about 7.0 for their games during the season.

Attendance, however, is down for the Blues by about 2-3K people per game. It really speaks to a few things, not the least of which are economic uncertainty and a very pessimistic attitude towards crime following the riots in Ferguson and the unrest in the area. Most of the fan base lives in the county, the same with the Rams and Cardinals, and with the Michael Brown grand jury decision coming in the near future, that is not going to help matters.

Real shame.

fancents86

Starter
My uncle lives in Fenton and we visit every year, I was hoping it would be right there in his backyard, but oh well. As long as the rams are still in it around stl is all that matters.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
On attendance:

The Blues are averaging between a 5.5 and 6.5 share on their weeknight games, peaking at 7.5 when they played the Devils, of all teams, on a Thursday night this past week. Just for some perspective, the Cardinals average about 7.0 for their games during the season.

Attendance, however, is down for the Blues by about 2-3K people per game. It really speaks to a few things, not the least of which are economic uncertainty and a very pessimistic attitude towards crime following the riots in Ferguson and the unrest in the area. Most of the fan base lives in the county, the same with the Rams and Cardinals, and with the Michael Brown grand jury decision coming in the near future, that is not going to help matters.

Real shame.

Personally, Ferguson should be old news to our fans. Even if those clowns are at the game, who cares? Just keep walking. It's the team that matters, not their dramatics.