Female ref to start Thursday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
femaleref.jpg

You hear about that female referee who's been in training to work NFL games as a replacement referee? Well, she's now been officially scheduled to work a preseason game. Shannon Eastin of Phoenix, Arizona will become the first woman ever to officiate an NFL game when she works the Chargers-Packers game in San Diego on Thursday night.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.faniq.com/blog/NFL-Female-Re ... Blog-53266

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well - there goes the neighborhood. :7up:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't really see a downside to this. Unless she's super hot.

That could be distracting.

Does anyone think the players will try to avoid her though? Like <ugh> Darby did when he was about to run into a ref, or will she get straight jacked like Jackson did to that ref in Detroit?

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:

Does anyone think the players will try to avoid her though? Like <ugh> Darby did when he was about to run into a ref, or will she get straight jacked like Jackson did to that ref in Detroit?

Probably, because if they truck her like Jackson does, then they'll look like a dick. Although they really shouldn't... I don't think I would. If she can't take a hit, then she shouldn't ref. Same thing as when girls tried to play football in highschool, I didn't take it easy on them. If they wanna roll with the boys then they better be ready to get hit like one.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
X said:

Probably, because if they truck her like Jackson does, then they'll look like a dick. Although they really shouldn't... I don't think I would. If she can't take a hit, then she shouldn't ref. Same thing as when girls tried to play football in highschool, I didn't take it easy on them. If they wanna roll with the boys then they better be ready to get hit like one.

Yeah man - I dunno. She could be wearing a virtual target or she could have everyone watching out for her. Hopefully it's neither. Like Blue said, she's rolling with the boys. She better be ready to act like it. Don't know that I've really seen much of a problem in the NBA.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I think its great for the league and women...as long as she doesn't resemble most WNBA players let alone refs..or a built/juiced up Eddy Hoculi (?)

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
...my bad the photo of her just showed up finally...like I said she has my approval. :ww:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Micky Rooney's twin brother used to ref some of my games, and it was bizarre. I definitely noticed him, but I'm sure it didn't affect my game. He called me for holding once...that bastard.

I wish her well, and I hope that the players don't try to intimidate her. Football refs take a lot of shit compared to other refs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DR RAM said:
Micky Rooney's twin brother used to ref some of my games, and it was bizarre. I definitely noticed him, but I'm sure it didn't affect my game. He called me for holding once...that bastard.

I wish her well, and I hope that the players don't try to intimidate her. Football refs take a lot of shit compared to other refs.

Man! Did the dude look like an Oompha Loompha out there? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now THAT's what I call distracting!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man. I haven't seen or heard of Mickey Rooney in probably years and tonight after this post I am getting ready to watch a movie and the preview for "The Last Confederate" comes on starring none other than Mr. Rooney. Spooky man. :shock:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
Man. I haven't seen or heard of Mickey Rooney in probably years and tonight after this post I am getting ready to watch a movie and the preview for "The Last Confederate" comes on starring none other than Mr. Rooney. Spooky man. :shock:
Dude, he looked just like one, and he sounded like his brother too.