FBGP's NFL Gameplan Wk 1 Rams/Niners Preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bruce2980

Starter
I'd be pretty happy to see SF hand the ball off to their FB on 3rd and 6 all day long.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One thing that was stated, that I'm so sure about, is that the 49ers are well aware of how the Rams are going to scheme them. With the 9ers having a New HC w/ a New Coaching Staff, I'm not too sure about this. At least not in week #1 of the Season!! JMHO! Thoughts!?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Good analysis DF. The Rams were super vanilla in preseason. I'm hoping they open the playbook and run some RB screens and more PAP.

On defense I am going to guess that GWILL will have a couple exotic blitzes dialed up to confuse the 9er offense.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Don't really know what to expect...I think one things for certain, we will knock Gabbert out of the game, and Kaep comes in....write it down.

fearsomefour

Legend
Good analysis DF. The Rams were super vanilla in preseason. I'm hoping they open the playbook and run some RB screens and more PAP.

On defense I am going to guess that GWILL will have a couple exotic blitzes dialed up to confuse the 9er offense.
Playing a Kelly offense means stopping the run. It is a run based offense. There can be run blitzes but it really means gap integrity and playing their responsibility up front first.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Playing a Kelly offense means stopping the run. It is a run based offense. There can be run blitzes but it really means gap integrity and playing their responsibility up front first.

Exactly. People don't realize the 49ers averaged almost 180 yards a game running the ball this preseason. And, I saw the Seahawks in 2 games this preseason with an improved O-line and Christian MIchael hitting holes much faster than Marshawn Lynch. Both have improved greatly in their running game. If the Rams don't have their S*%^ together on D, they may start the season 0-2.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wauffle was saying that the number one priority for the Dline is to stop the run, period.

fearsomefour

Legend
Wauffle was saying that the number one priority for the Dline is to stop the run, period.
That has to be it vs a Chip Kelly O.....that and D back tackling.
Hyde looked very good this preseason. I think the Rams will win but it is a mistake to think SF is a walk in the park.

fearsomefour

Legend
Exactly. People don't realize the 49ers averaged almost 180 yards a game running the ball this preseason. And, I saw the Seahawks in 2 games this preseason with an improved O-line and Christian MIchael hitting holes much faster than Marshawn Lynch. Both have improved greatly in their running game. If the Rams don't have their S*%^ together on D, they may start the season 0-2.
Exactly.
Chips O brings some issues to the D no matter who is QBing.
Hyde looked very good this preseason, like Gore in his prime. It was only preseason but their Oline seemed solid as well.
I only saw about 10 plays of Seattle.
The NFL West is funny.
Most of the teams have the same strengths.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Anybody check out the 9ers DL front five? Most are expected to play against the Rams but they are hurting.

9ers starting NT Ian Williams is on Injured Reserve. Back up NT Glenn Dorsey injured & has been out & is questionable. Both starting DT's Arick Armstead & Quinton Dyle have been limited in practice & listed questionable. OSLB/DE Aaron Lynch has been suspended ISLB Nick Belore is also listed questionable & Ray Ray Armstrong has been playing in his position. 9ers 1st round pick Deforest Buckner is slated to start & go up against GRob.

Take a quick look at this 9er site but take a shower afterwards.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/SF/san-francisco-49ers

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
The Rams played against Chip a couple years ago in Philly. Davis was our QB and Foles was theirs. They came out of the box and went up a couple/ few TDs on us , but Davis and the team fought back in the 2nd half and came close to winning the game in the last drive if I remember correctly.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
The Rams played against Chip a couple years ago in Philly. Davis was our QB and Foles was theirs. They came out of the box and went up a couple/ few TDs on us , but Davis and the team fought back in the 2nd half and came close to winning the game in the last drive if I remember correctly.

We beat them, but yes we came back to win the game. Davis had a great game, I was almost convinced he was the next drew brees after watching that game. Then the next week came... different story.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554205

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I expect a lot of 3 and outs

With the occasional first down only to be followed by 3 and out

Finally Gurley breaks one and we win by 3

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion