Favoritism...49ers vs. Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
while I feel its a bit overblown, Im sure many Rams fans would be feeling the same way as niners fans if the roles were reversed. being 1-10 and then end the season on a 5 game win streak with the only real change being your new QB (that many teams and fans thought could be really good) would give any fan base real hope for the following year. Now whether it all works out remains to be seen, but like I said, if the same thing happened to the Rams im sure youd see a bunch of threads about the Rams making the playoffs next season too.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
while I feel its a bit overblown, Im sure many Rams fans would be feeling the same way as niners fans if the roles were reversed. being 1-10 and then end the season on a 5 game win streak with the only real change being your new QB (that many teams and fans thought could be really good) would give any fan base real hope for the following year. Now whether it all works out remains to be seen, but like I said, if the same thing happened to the Rams im sure youd see a bunch of threads about the Rams making the playoffs next season too.

Sure, the fans would all be excited.

Would the Rams be as praised and automatically be considered playoff caliber next year? I think not.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Coaching is a big one

Bigger than Grabmypole IMO

I totally get Angry’s point about narratives differing between Rams and 49ers.

i really pay attention to niners news but I dont recall any coaching changes, unless you mean gaining experience throughout the year for Shanny.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Let's see Garopollo complete a 20+ yard pass on a regular basis, then we might.... (and the optimum word is....MIGHT......:argue::death:) say he could be better than mediocre........

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's see Garopollo complete a 20+ yard pass on a regular basis, then we might.... (and the optimum word is....MIGHT......:argue::death:) say he could be better than mediocre........

he wasn't very good was he. or even average. he was bad on the long throws.

he won't be leading the whiners to wins once teams clamp down on the short stuff.

Flint

Pro Bowler
The 9ers have history,the rams do too just not one of the greatest qbs ever and the greatest wr ever and a team with multiple SBs. To me it’s just media bs, when a team like the 9ers or cowboys or lakers is bad you hear, “the league needs the cowboys “ or the league is better when the lakers are good. I don’t buy it myself, I’m happy I don’t have to hear about the Yankees all the time and the complaining as if they should be good by birthright is just annoying.

94niners

UDFA
IDK what you are looking for then. The narrative for the Rams success vs. SF's season since the Jimmy Garropolo trade. The narrative is what my OP was.

That isn't my point. No one is saying Jimmy hasn't been impressive. I'm not trying to down play a 5 game win streak, either. My whole shtick is the narrative of the Rams' success this year and SF's. SF has been instantly gratified. The Rams were questioned about the quality of the opponents they played early in the season (even though SF played the same opponents). Jared Goff's success was tied to Sean McVay's somehow exploiting the system (but in SF it's the pure genius of Jimmy Garropolo and Kyle Shanahan). Plus others that I posted above.

It's a double standard and I'm calling it out.
Maybe. It could be because Jimmy G is hot. But it could also be because the Rams have been the chick pick for years due to their obvious talent, and maybe the media is bored with them after all these years of assuming they’d finally put it together? (Of course the media failed to realize the handicap of Fisher as a coach)