Favorite Unknown Song by a Band with Commercial Success?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
What do you guys think?

Qualifications
- The band is big. Worldwide success. Gets played on the radio often.

- The song may not be completely unknown, but it never became popular.

Mine:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PU0Cdtzk6o[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Great thread idea.

Best ballad ever:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVMiki-oApA[/youtube]

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can dig it, X. Was never a huge fan of Judas Priest. Just a casual listener. I never knew they had it in em to do a ballad.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Speed of pain- Marilyn Manson

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpYmFUskGqc[/youtube]

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Nice pick killer. Marilyn Manson is pretty hit or miss with me. Most of the stuff I like of his tends to be the material you hear on the radio. "The Beautiful People" "The Dope Show" "Fight Song" etc. And his rendition of "Sweet Dreams" was on point. Its really a fairly dark song, his voice and band did it justice. I always though the original version by the Eurythmics was too poppy. About as deep as I have gotten into his material is "Coma White".

Marked down that I needed to spin his "Mechanical Animals" album again after listening to your selection.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I dunno if this is obscure enough, but I don't think it gets much (if any) radio play.

3 Doors Down - Train

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZF6WDnaBOs[/youtube]

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This one always gets me...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfibsfNaMHw[/youtube]

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
"Train" got some play on some hard rock stations but it never really became popular.

Really 3 Doors Down started as a much heavier(a post grunge rock) band. It just so happens that the songs that made them a big time band off their first album were their most 'poppy'. "Kryptonite" "Loser" "Be Like That" etc. After those songs blew up, Im sure the label pushed them to produce similar stuff.

"Train" was kinda a return to their 'heavier' roots. But by the time it was released they were shunned by hard rock fans because they were thought of as a pop-rock band.

Good song tho.

Very iffy as to if it meets the qualifications tho. Train is the 22nd most downloaded song by 3 Doors Down on iTunes. Keep it in line :cheese:

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
libertadrocks said:
Nice pick killer. Marilyn Manson is pretty hit or miss with me. Most of the stuff I like of his tends to be the material you hear on the radio. "The Beautiful People" "The Dope Show" "Fight Song" etc. And his rendition of "Sweet Dreams" was on point. Its really a fairly dark song, his voice and band did it justice. I always though the original version by the Eurythmics was too poppy. About as deep as I have gotten into his material is "Coma White".

Marked down that I needed to spin his "Mechanical Animals" album again after listening to your selection.
Listen to Manson's new album "Born Villain" it's pretty sick!
Also listen to "Tourniquet" and "Angel with the Scabbed Wings" they are some of his old songs that did not get played in the radio, but were popular within his fan base.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Killgasm said:
libertadrocks said:

Listen to Manson's new album "Born Villain" it's pretty sick!
Also listen to "Tourniquet" and "Angel with the Scabbed Wings" they are some of his old songs that did not get played in the radio, but were popular within his fan base.

Alright, Ill check it out. I like "Tourniquet". Not familiar with "Angel with the Scabbed Wings" tho. I listen to that too.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
How bout Lenny Kravitz? An immensely talent musician(plays every instrument in his songs), when he's good, he's good. Unfortunately, IMO, most of the time he's not. lol. This is a good one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tktpsst3SfU[/youtube]

The album this is off of "Circus" was not considered his best effort by most. It's the only album of his I really like tho. Couple of stout tracks (Beyond the 7th Sky, Circus, Thin Ice, Rock and Roll is Dead)

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Don't remember this tune getting any airplay on radio or Sirius, but it's definitely my favorite off of Superunknown:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Don't remember this tune getting any airplay on radio or Sirius, but it's definitely my favorite off of Superunknown:

+1
That album is 100% bonafide brilliant,and yeah that is one of my favorite 3 tracks on it. The other 2 being the title track and "Like Suicide."

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
From Eliminator which was a HUGE commercially successful record with many top hits. This wasn't one of them. Slow blues drenched with feel and lots of mood...ZZ style.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This band showed so much promise at one time. They went to shit. Oh well...this is a great sleeper from their breakthrough album.