Favorite unheralded RAM player?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
nittany ram said:
RamFan503 said:
Sorry - gotta put Pat Haden in there. I know - I know. Short QB with bad stats. Kinda defines unheralded - eh?

So does Lawrence McCutcheon count? How 'bout Isiah Robertson or Dave Elmendorf?

The way I define an "unheralded" player, McCutcheon, Robertson and Elmondorf would not count. They were all 'heralded' at the time. They have tons of probowls between them.

To me an unheralded player would be a player who played well but just didn't get the attention. He'd be a player that fans of other teams may not have even heard of. So I think Pat Haden doesn't fit either.

To me an unheralded player would be a guy like Ernie Conwell, Mike Guman, Cody Jones...

I suppose it's true about Isiah and Lawrence but Elmendorf never got to the Pro Bowl - even in his 7 INT season. I guess growing up a Rams fan I didn't really think too much about what stock others put in our players.

To me, a heralded player would be someone that is thought to be at or near the top for his position and appreciated outside Ramsdom as such. Pat Haden went to the Pro Bowl in '77 but at 5'11" and 180 soaking wet, he was hardly heralded. In fact the Rams themselves did everything they could to replace the third stringer with a QB that was bigger, had a stronger arm, and so on. Remember the washed up Namath experiment? Or that so many wanted Ferragamo to start ahead of Pat? Fans of other teams may have heard of Pat but mainly because they used to joke about how small he was and that he couldn't see over the line.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Bob Bruzinski comes to mind

So does Larry Brooks, but he may have been a pro bowl player one year... I dont recall.

And how about corner back Pat Thomas and WR Ron Jessie (an Olympic medalist)?