Fantasy Football Focus (ESPN) SJax and Megatron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fantasy Focus Football
Nate Ravitz and Matthew Berry welcome Rams RB Steven Jackson and Lions WR Calvin Johnson to the show. Plus, the guys answer your emails.

[rp3]http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2117/7057/946391/fantasyfootball_2012-04-18-113131-6701-0-0-0.48.mp3[/rp3]

Starting at 2:26 in...

Talks about the foundation. Founded in 2004, combating children illiteracy. He presents kids with reading challenges weekly, and if they meet those challenges, they get a suite at a home game. They do a back-pack giveaway to start the year, and make sure they have all the supplies they need. Read more at SJ39.com (giving back tab).

(From 2008-2010, the last 3 years under Fisher, the Tennessee Titans were 8th in rushing attempts, 4th in rushing yards, 2nd in rushing touchdowns, and tied for 2nd in terms of rushing average at 4.6 YPC -- as a team over those 3 years. What's your reaction when you hear those numbers?)

My first reaction was "those numbers are impressive." My first two calls after Coach was hired were to Eddie George and Jeff Fisher. All his players tell me I'll love to play for him. When I had my sit-down with Fisher, he talked about his philosophy, and how he intends to use me, and it seems like it's all going to come together for me (this year).

(Do they wanna limit your workload?)
If it was up to me, I'd want to touch the ball 25 times a game. He believes I'm still an elite player, and he wants to use me a lot more than last year. I just told him I'm excited to do whatever it takes for him to get this team better.

(The last 3 years, you've missed just two games. What have you done to stay healthy?)
After those years I missed a few games due to muscle pulls (nagging injuries), I realized that it was related to my low body-fat, so I had to learn to properly hydrate myself and not feel like I'm drinking too much. Once I learned the right method, it's been pretty good to me.

(Talk to me about your teammates. I want a fantasy receiver on the Rams).
Danny Amendola. Danny Amendola. He's unbelievable. He's our version of Wes Welker. The kid, he can run for days, never gets tired, is shifty in the slot and has incredible hands.

(Talk to me about Kendricks)
He's definitely a TE that has all the tools. He can do everything you need a TE to do. Lance is doing a great job. Last year he hit a rookie wall - there was a lot to deal with. He's approaching this year a lot different.

(Who do you hope the Rams draft?)
Blackmon. From watching him in the few games I can see. He's a playmaker. We need a big body presence who can make plays, stretch the field, and allow me and Danny to make plays.

(Have you talked to Sam at all about Fisher?)
He and coach Fisher met early, and some other times as well. I think they have a great rapport already. I think Sam is comfortable with him already. The consistency has not been there for Sam over the past few years. This is going to be where we can effectively evaluate Sam, and see that he's an elite QB. When you can't protect your QB, and have him going through his reads too fast, it's too difficult. I feel for him.

(Who talks the most trash on the Rams?)
It used to be Brandon Lloyd. Great guy, great teammate. We don't really have that live-wire on the Rams though. I can't think of anyone who talks trash out there.

(When you're evaluating other backs, what do you look for?)
3 important qualities are (1) good vision (2) good feet, and (3) ability to get skinny in the hole. In the NFL you learn that holes aren't as big in the NFL as they were in college, and they close quickly. Once you get there, you have to get skinny. You gotta be able to squeeze in and out of holes. I really admire LT, Ricky Williams, Faulk, guys like that. Greatest of all time would have to be Sweetness. I'm a huge Walter Payton fan. He should have gotten that carry in the Superbowl instead of Fridge.

(Fantasy football. How much does that come into your everyday life?)
I've had good and bad experiences with it. Being in a restaurant and someone wants to pay for something because you helped them with your league is good. On the other hand, you get injured, and people treat you like you're in Madden. They want you to heal up fast. It takes the human aspect of the game out. I think it's good for the league and the game though. Small market guys get big recognition. That said, fans need to realize that we're human.

(My co-host is a weasel, and I was hoping you'd agree with me)
Nate, you're a weasel.