Fantasy defense help

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
Hey guys I picked up rams defense, should I play them against the dolphins or stick with giants against the 49ers..help me decide. Of course my homer heart wants to go with the rams, what say you?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sgt. Ram said:
Hey guys I picked up rams defense, should I play them against the dolphins or stick with giants against the 49ers..help me decide. Of course my homer heart wants to go with the rams, what say you?
I always hate weighing in on these things because I'm about 50/50. The Giants are +4 in turnover ratio (8th) and the Rams are +2 (12th). The Giants are better at stopping the run, and the Rams are better at stopping the pass (by a lot). You have to figure that the Niners are going to run the ball initially, but they'll probably go away from that pretty quickly if Eli gets an early start. If that turns into a shootout, you can expect both teams to put up some numbers. The Rams' game is probably going to be low-scoring and they've had 10 days to find new and inventive ways to confuse Tannehill, who hasn't seen 1/8th of what defenses can throw at him yet.

Safe bet is probably the Rams, but don't take my advice.

Sgt. Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Sgt. Ram said:
I always hate weighing in on these things because I'm about 50/50. The Giants are +4 in turnover ratio (8th) and the Rams are +2 (12th). The Giants are better at stopping the run, and the Rams are better at stopping the pass (by a lot). You have to figure that the Niners are going to run the ball initially, but they'll probably go away from that pretty quickly if Eli gets an early start. If that turns into a shootout, you can expect both teams to put up some numbers. The Rams' game is probably going to be low-scoring and they've had 10 days to find new and inventive ways to confuse Tannehill, who hasn't seen 1/8th of what defenses can throw at him yet.

Safe bet is probably the Rams, but don't take my advice.
Thanks X...I am leaning towards rams.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I would go with the Rams because of how secure SF is with the ball and how good their OL is. TOs and sacks are the drivers of fantasy points for a D. If I had to guess, Id say Giant D gives up fewer points, but the Rams D has the better fantasy day.

If it makes you feel any better I drop the Giants D this week. Picked up Minny instead.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I'm thinking the Whiners as much as I hate to say it are quite possibly the studs of the NFC. That and our defense is awfully stingy. I'd take our defense in a heartbeat. Homer out.

Sgt. Ram

libertadrocks said:
I would go with the Rams because of how secure SF is with the ball and how good their OL is. TOs and sacks are the drivers of fantasy points for a D. If I had to guess, Id say Giant D gives up fewer points, but the Rams D has the better fantasy day.

If it makes you feel any better I drop the Giants D this week. Picked up Minny instead.

Thanks for your input, I am starting to feel better about starting rams over giants.

Sgt. Ram

RamFan503 said:
Yeah - I'm thinking the Whiners as much as I hate to say it are quite possibly the studs of the NFC. That and our defense is awfully stingy. I'd take our defense in a heartbeat. Homer out.

Lol...I do not have any 49ers on my team, as a matter of fact , I do not have any NFC west players other than rams of course. I still remember Ken Norton punching out the goal post at Busch, I will never have a 49er on my team. Their coach irritates me also.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sgt. Ram said:
RamFan503 said:

Lol...I do not have any 49ers on my team, as a matter of fact , I do not have any NFC west players other than rams of course. I still remember Ken Norton punching out the goal post at Busch, I will never have a 49er on my team. Their coach irritates me also.

Can't blame you there. The one and only time I did the fantasy football thing, my one main requirement was no Whiners or Seacocks.