Fans...home vs road........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
So far I have been to both games. It was good to see that there were not all that many Cardinals fans there. Our house has to be a big home field advantage. There were plenty of empty seat though (55,279 84.6%..espn.go.com/nfl/attendance)for a home opener. Still, it did get loud in there at times. Always great to see them at home. Fans in Atlanta(70,056 98.3%) were very respectful. They never got rude/in your face even when they were up 24-3. Going into the game they knew they were going to be for a good game. Of course with them coming off a loss and with R.White questionable and the right tackle(I forgot his name) out they had reasons to be nervous. There were more Ram fan in attendance then I was thinking going into the game. I don't know if it came though over the tv but that place was loud. It was great to see that the rams come out in the 2nd half with no quit in them. Sam and the guys putting those drives together in that noise was to me a thing of beauty. I am going to the Dallas game also this week. Never been there. Should be a great game and I feel we will come out with a 34-27 win.....

fearsomefour

Legend
I have been to games in several NFL stadiums....never St. Louis however.

In my experience (at it is only my experience) the worst most abusive fans I have seen/heard/smelled were the ones in SF. I have been to about 7 games at Candlestick and once or twice the fans have been decent. The worst part is that a high percentage that I have ended up around are so damn ignorant. Loud mouthed, drunk and ignorant is no way to go through life son.
Arizona they were fine....of course, there are usually as many visiting fans there as home team fans.
San Diego they were mellow for the most part. No major problems in other places.
Been to Oakland 3 times and never had any issues.
Of course, I dont drink (maybe 1 beer) when I go to games and for the most part I watch the game and clap a little bit. I dont scream and yell or talk trash really....well, not for a long while. I do remember freaking out once at a Jets/Rams game in Anaheim when Kevin Greene missed a sure sack on Ken Obrien and he threw for a key first down....the whole thing ended up with beer flying all over and a pile of humanity and security all over....yeah, I was THAT guy once. Never since.

Anyone have best/worst stadiums/fans?

ramfaninfla

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I to like to games all around to checkout some towns and stadiums. I guess with the age thing creeping up on me also, not so much as a yeller anymore at away game. I cheer/clap though when Rams score/sack/int whatever the case maybe. I also been to some good/bad stadiums to watch some game. Giants fans can get some what obnoxious. Jet fans not to bad. Philly fans are the worst. I also had a great time in S.D. when there. Tampa and Miami are great also(of course Florida in winter time is a great escape). Didn't really enjoy N.E.(went to a game before the super bowl year). A friend (a jet fan :oops: ) is coming in to town so we are going to see Jets @ Atl on a Monday night. The Sunday before I am going to see K.C. @ Tenn . 1st time going to see a game in Tenn. Thanks for some insight on S.F.( I like northern Calf. but never been to a sporting event up there)

Shawnbb158

Starter
Ya I was at the Atlanta game too decked out in my gold tavon Austin jersey. The Atlanta fans were nice and never really said anything bad towards me. Even had a few conversations with a few fans saying how they are glad they got us early before our offense is truly clicking and how they think we will be one of the top 5 teams in the league for the next few years. Only got booed at once by s group of tailgaitors after the game but it was all in good fun (I think)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Went to a Cowboys Rams game before game 4 of the word series. They are on the same parking lot which is awesome.

Stadium is friggin' amazing.

Fans were 90% cool, tailgating, talking smack, no issues. 10% complete assholes. I could tell they had issues because every screen in the place was warning that harassing other fans would result in immediate ejection. Lots of security. And pole dancers. Everywhere.

I was walking alone and some scumbag was following me saying shit like you better lower your eyes and you better hurry up. Nothing I didn't hear in USMC bootcamp, so I wasn't concerned and I just stared at him grinning, but it was douchebag and could have made many uncomfortable.

In the bathroom, which must have 50 urinals in a row, some guy was running up and down the row while i was pissing and got everyone to chant "Bradford sucks!". I was wearing a Bradford jersey. It was friggin' LOUD. He would nudge me just slightly as he went past creating a lawn sprinkler effect. It was all in good fun. Everyone was grinning including him and me.

I swear to god I look over at the door and a Rams fan came around the corner, saw what was going on, and turned and left.

Thanks buddy for having my back!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamzFanz said:
Went to a Cowboys Rams game before game 4 of the word series. They are on the same parking lot which is awesome.

Fans were 90% cool, tailgating, talking smack, no issues. 10% complete assholes. I could tell they had issues because every screen in the place was warning that harassing other fans would result in immediate ejection. Lots of security. And pole dancers. Everywhere.

I was walking alone and some scumbag was following me saying shyte like you better lower your eyes and you better hurry up. Nothing I didn't hear in USMC bootcamp, so I wasn't concerned and I just stared at him grinning, but it was douchebag and could have made many uncomfortable.

In the bathroom, which must have 50 urinals in a row, some guy was running up and down the row while i was pissing and got everyone to chant "Bradford sucks!". I was wearing a Bradford jersey. It was friggin' LOUD. He would nudge me just slightly as he went past creating a lawn sprinkler effect. It was all in good fun. Everyone was grinning including him and me.

I swear to god I look over at the door and a Rams fan came around the corner, saw what was going on, and turned and left.

Good story! LOL. :lmao:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ramfaninga said:
So far I have been to both games. It was good to see that there were not all that many Cardinals fans there. Our house has to be a big home field advantage. There were plenty of empty seat though (55,279 84.6%..espn.go.com/nfl/attendance)for a home opener. Still, it did get loud in there at times. Always great to see them at home. Fans in Atlanta(70,056 98.3%) were very respectful. They never got rude/in your face even when they were up 24-3. Going into the game they knew they were going to be for a good game. Of course with them coming off a loss and with R.White questionable and the right tackle(I forgot his name) out they had reasons to be nervous. There were more Ram fan in attendance then I was thinking going into the game. I don't know if it came though over the tv but that place was loud. It was great to see that the rams come out in the 2nd half with no quit in them. Sam and the guys putting those drives together in that noise was to me a thing of beauty. I am going to the Dallas game also this week. Never been there. Should be a great game and I feel we will come out with a 34-27 win.....

Nice post faninga. How did you manage both games? Obviously something brought you to Atlanta or STL?

And Dallas too? You got me intrigued, buddy. And... jealous!

It doesn't surprise me the Atlanta fans were mostly respectful. I think you get midwest/southeast it's a pretty grounded fan base. I suspect, Dallas isn't much different.

I could hear the Atlanta crowd, early! They definitely got quiet late 3rd / early 4th. Understandable... and the Falcon's have a reputation of blowing leads so the fans are nervous.

bluecoconuts

Legend
RamzFanz said:

I was walking alone and some scumbag was following me saying shit like you better lower your eyes and you better hurry up. Nothing I didn't hear in USMC bootcamp, so I wasn't concerned and I just stared at him grinning, but it was douchebag and could have made many uncomfortable.

That sounds like most stadiums/arenas. I know at Staples Center during Kings games there always a lot of (mostly) friendly shit talking going back and fourth. Sometimes it can get out of hand, it's usually how the other guys respond. Some people seem to be unable to handle enemy territory and that's usually how fights break out. Unless the home team is getting destroyed and some asshole fan tries to start something to feel better. Going to an away game you have to expect some shit talking though, that's half the fun.

ramfaninfla

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great story ramzfanz. For me I just like going out to see the rams and always wanted to be there for a home opener. Atlanta game was easy, I live about an hr north in the mountains. Always wanted to see Jerry's place and figured this would be a great test for the rams. Couple of friends flying in from N J (1cowboy fan) for this one. To bad though might be last time I see them live this year. Although I'm eyeing up the Tampa game if we are in the playoff hunt!!!!!