Fallers during the draft process

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

xander47

Rookie
I was wondering how people feel about the prospects that fall during the draft process. Bridgewater this year sounds exactly like Keenan Allen from last year (albeit Allen had injury concerns). I know Burflict was a first round draft pick before he started his last year in college. The Rams have gone after talent that falls out of their draft position because of character concerns. What are other players in this year's draft you'd take a flyer on?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
David Yankey...if he's a 4th round pick...go get him, Rams.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'd want him with the first pick in the 2nd round but have concerns he won't fall even that far. I must have missed him falling THAT hard.

(He's one of my top contenders in the draft Watkins, then draft a guard to fill our guard hole later strategy.)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I noticed at sites like First-pick.com, Yankey was going early in the 2nd round, then all of a sudden, he's slipped into the late 4th round. Why has he fallen? If FS Pryor slips to the bottom of the 1st like I've been seeing him do lately in mocks, I'd be up for the Rams to trade up and grab him.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132151/david-yankey

An anonymous NFL scout called Stanford OG David Yankey undraftable.
"I must not know what the heck I'm doing," the scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "He's one of the most disappointing guys I saw. I see that guy get pushed around, then he ran 5.5 at the combine. You've got to be kidding me. Free agent." Yankey, considered by some the top OG prospect during the season, has seen his stock deflate since it ended. He's consistent at being inconsistent," another scout said. "There's a lot of want there, but I just think he's nonathletic. He's a stiff guy. That bothers me. But you know what? There's so many in the league like that. I don't like him." A third scout was more complimentary: "A real battler. Generally a good anchor. Gets careless with head duck and will lunge. A Stanford kid will do what he needs to do to be successful." May 3 - 7:39 PM

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

A bit of a shocker such a thing would come out this late. The dude would likely already be a 1st-2nd round pick under the old schedule.

Last edited:

scifiman

May be wrong but they are hyping Beckham WR but I just do not see on film that the guy is all that. Does not get that much separation or fight for the ball that well. He may be another one that is hyped and then falls in the draft. Could be wrong as usual.