Falcons to hire Sark!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PaRam24

UDFA
Just got an ESPN update that the Falcons are going to lure Steve Sarkisian to become the new Oc. Hopefully that will allow for us to interview and proceed to hire the qb coach for our oc job.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lolololol

Too funny talk about a downgrade. Also what does Chip Kelly do? Manage your local McDonald's?

PaRam24

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just read the Chip Kelly and Mark Helfrich could be considered for the Oc job at Alabama...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Never been a fan of Sark. Great news for us.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Sark can coach....He can recruit too....That Washington Husky team is all him...They have a bunch of talent up there.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing wrong with being an alcoholic, as long as you dont drink.
loll i'm pretty sure he's shown up to practices/meetings either drunk or hungover and had problems with the players bc of it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...sarkisian-is-their-new-offensive-coordinator/

Falcons announce Steve Sarkisian is their new offensive coordinator
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 7, 2017

631356400.jpg
Getty Images

The Falcons have agreed to terms with Steve Sarkisian to be their next offensive coordinator, the team announced on Tuesday.

The surprising announcement comes a day after Kyle Shanahan left his job as the Falcons’ offensive coordinator to become the head coach of the 49ers.

Sarkisian has very little NFL experience, with just one season as the Raiders’ quarterbacks coach. He has previously been a head coach in two college stops, at Washington and USC, getting fired from the latter job over allegations that alcohol abuse was affecting his judgment.

Last month Alabama promoted Sarkisian to offensive coordinator. Now the Crimson Tide will have to look elsewhere.

Falcons head coach Dan Quinn has never previously worked with Sarkisian, though the two are friends and Sarkisian spent time in the Falcons’ training camp last year. Quinn may have some work to do on selling the move to his other offensive assistants, some of whom may be miffed that they were passed over for the job. Josina Anderson of ESPN reported that some of the assistants on the Falcons’ staff found out about Sarkisian’s hiring through the media, which can’t be great for morale.

Sarkisian runs a similar system to Shanahan, with similar terminology, so the Falcons will not have to learn a new offense. But Sarkisian will have to prove he can keep the offense humming after Shanahan turned the Falcons into the No. 1 offense in the NFL.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
loll i'm pretty sure he's shown up to practices/meetings either drunk or hungover and had problems with the players bc of it.

Yeah, that was why USC fired him. I got the impression when Saban made him OC that he was on the right path, hopefully for Sark, he stays on the right path.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, that was why USC fired him. I got the impression when Saban made him OC that he was on the right path, hopefully for Sark, he stays on the right path.

Nevermind, I was thinking USC fired him on the tarmac, that was Lane Kiffin.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just read the Chip Kelly and Mark Helfrich could be considered for the Oc job at Alabama...

Chip Kelly coaching under Saban? I don't see it. That is two enormous egos there. I know Kiffin had a big ego but he never really backed it up with great success so he was just a blowhard. Kelly on the otherhand is an established college head coach. He has proven, set ways to do things, that are not Saban ways.

If I was a college with a mediocre coach, that was big enough to lure Kelly, I'd be calling him.

Kelly should take a year to network and line something up. He is a college head coach. He should stick to that.