FA Visits?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
While we are waiting for Jake Long and the Rams to hopefully agree to and finalize a contract does anyone know if the Rams are hosting any other Free Agents? I guess the Rams salary cap will be pretty low after signing Cook and hopefully Long but I am also guessing that the Rams still have more roster spots (Safety, OLB, WR, etc) to fill so shouldn't they be interviewing more players? I know it is my imagination but it sure seems like everytime I get on the computer the 49's & Seahawks are signing another player. I am thinking they will have to run out of money sooner or later (hopefully, sooner!)!

A55VA6

Legend
Cook signs, Long hopefully signs, Delmas maybe signs.. then looks like it's all in for the draft. Not sure what the WR options are in free agency but Rams dont seem interested.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A55VA6 said:
Cook signs, Long hopefully signs, Delmas maybe signs.. then looks like it's all in for the draft. Not sure what the WR options are in free agency but Rams dont seem interested.

This is my best guess too.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Gotta have a quality Safety in FA in my opinion. You don't want two rookies or Stewart and a rookie back there starting do ya? And Long would really be nice but if not, Winston would be a must on the right side. He should of been picked up last year don't ya think?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Winston is believed to be a zone blocking tackle. I don't know if he really fits the Rams scheme.

There are a lot of safeties on the market. I'm assuming they are going to be patient with Delmas and then go to plan B...I'd like to see Pollard myself.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Winston is believed to be a zone blocking tackle. I don't know if he really fits the Rams scheme.

There are a lot of safeties on the market. I'm assuming they are going to be patient with Delmas and then go to plan B...I'd like to see Pollard myself.

If Long doesn't sign (and, I think he will if he hasn't done so already) I would be ok with Winston but I would prefer Vollmer.

And, if Delmas really does sign with the 49's or another team I agree with you on Pollard.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Free Agency has been very quiet for the Rams - not counting our own guys from last year...

1. Jared Cook - signed
2. Jake Long - getting silly!
3. Louis Delmas - not likely

do we know if anyone else is lined up???

jap

Legend
shaunpinney said:
Free Agency has been very quiet for the Rams - not counting our own guys from last year...

1. Jared Cook - signed
2. Jake Long - getting silly!
3. Louis Delmas - not likely

do we know if anyone else is lined up???

FA has roughly three waves:

1) start of FA itself
2) after the draft as teams scramble to complete or upgrade depth
3) the end of TC through pre-season, where teams fine tune their final rosters

The Jake Long saga is critical in that it could impact further moves. I don't know where Delmas' head is, and, apparently, neither do the Rams. However, they have plenty of time, especially for savvy coaches who know how the NFL works.