FA OT Mike Bamiro

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-hot-name-not-in-this-weeks-supplemental-draft.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The ... draft.html</a>
The "hot" name not in this weeks supplemental draft
This Thursday the NFL will hold its annual supplemental draft.

Usually there are one or two names in the draft that draw interest from most of the NFL clubs. That is not the case this year.

These are the names in this year’s draft: DeWayne Peace – WR – Houston; O.J. Ross – WR – Purdue; Nate Holloway – DT – UNLV; Toby Jackson – DE – Central Florida; and Damond Smith – DC – South Alabama. It would not surprise me if none of these players gets drafted.

The new name that is “hot” is offensive tackle Mike Bamiro from Stony Brook University. Bamiro is not in the supplemental draft but he is a free agent who is free to sign with any team in the NFL.

Bamiro thought he was going to be playing for Stony Brook this fall but the NCAA denied his application for a 6th year, thus ending his college eligibility. Bamiro enrolled at Pittsburgh in 2008 but did not play football. After a year at Pitt he decided he wanted to play football and transferred to Stony Brook where two brothers had attended. Under NCAA rules, a player has five years to get in his four years of eligibility so the 2012 season was Bamiro’s 5th year in college and his last year of eligibility. In reality he was a member of last April’s draft class and because he was not drafted then he is free to sign with any team.

This is not just any name. Had he been able to play this fall he was looked at as a potential mid-round type player. Bamiro has great size at just under 6-8 and weighs about 340. He has good strength and better than average bend and overall athleticism. He shows good ability to slide and recover and has some natural snap to him.

Bamiro, who is being represented by Bill Conaty and Tony Agnone of Eastern Athletic Services in Baltimore, will work out for at least 12 teams this Thursday at Tra Thomas’ 7 Deuce Training Facility in Medford, N.J. According to a source at least four other clubs are trying to get a scout to the workout. After the workout some clubs may want to have Bamiro undergo a medical before they offer him a contract.

The interesting thing about all this will be the contract Bamiro ends up with. Because the NFL considers him part of the 2013 Draft class his contract has to fit within the rookie salary cap of the club that signs him. Some clubs may have already used up their rookie cap allotment.

Still, by the end of next week look for Mike Bamiro to be a member of some NFL club.

I wonder if we're one of the teams that are interested?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BAM! I like that name; Bamiro

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
When was the last time a big name supplemental draft guy did anything in the NFL?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X queried the board:
When was the last time a big name supplemental draft guy did anything in the NFL?

Rod Stewart was picked in the 1979 draft and he was a huge success. I myself bought many of his albums.
Bernie Kosar was drafted in 1985 and did pretty well.
Chris Carter in 1987.
Ahmad Brooks in 2006.
Jared Gaither in 2007. Although it's tough to call his career a total success.
Josh Gordon 2012. Gordon finished among the top rookie receivers in the 2012 draft class. He finished with 50 catches, for 805 yards, and 5 touchdowns.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
X queried the board:

Rod Stewart was picked in the 1979 draft and he was a huge success. I myself bought many of his albums.
Bernie Kosar was drafted in 1985 and did pretty well.
Chris Carter in 1987.
Ahmad Brooks in 2006.
Jared Gaither in 2007. Although it's tough to call his career a total success.
Josh Gordon 2012. Gordon finished among the top rookie receivers in the 2012 draft class. He finished with 50 catches, for 805 yards, and 5 touchdowns.
Well how about that. I didn't know Chris Carter was a Supplemental Draft player.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Josh Gordon appears to be the real deal.