Eye on the enemy; a look at the Rams from Cowboy country

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

A nice article but it suffers towards the end because he doesn't know the team. As such he doesn't know there is a plan in place. Whereas we see the defense improving outsiders see it deteriorating. I can't blame them because I couldn't give any insight to any other team in the league. But then it's not my job. I wish some of these guys would look a little deeper below the surface.

Well... It's a cowgirls blog so consider the source.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Overall not a bad take from outside the Ramdom box, with the exception of this...

Plug and play works when the system works. When you have quality coaching, scouting, a competent front office and a franchise QB you have a system in place. Plug and play doesn't work when a team hasn't established those things.

The other point made about last years draft picks not earning their way into starters roles....come on dude THINK. This has been a completely loaded roster pretty much from top to bottom for two years now. Longer than that if you look at the defensive personnel. Saffold and Sullivan are gone and where are their replacements coming from? Two guys drafted a year ago.

Yeah, when people say the draft wasn't good because there were no impact players on day one, that's lazy reporting. No picks until the 3rd round. A roster that is stacked so it wouldn't be easy for early round picks to earn a starting job.

The best way to go about staying competitive is to keep a strong roster and draft smart. The first year guys watch and learn for the most part. Coaches work on developing them the first year or two. When someone departs they're more ready to step in than when they were rookies. Every year, rinse and repeat with the exception of re-signing the core players.